test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current PVP Rogue: 50k in a single shot

korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
13zcs38.png

Just saying i am a seasoned pvp player with legendary equipment (20k gs). I got to the basis still on my mount, and defeated in a single blow from a stealthed Rogue.

This is not PVP, at all.
Post edited by korden1 on

Comments

• Options
    mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You've posted this 3 times now. Why?

Also, stop claiming that it's 50k damage: that's before damage reduction, and no one can put that into perspective easily. Just say that you got hit for 32k damage, easy.

Also, you're an HR, and therefore a squishy. An executioner TR (which this likely is) has one job: murdering you, wiping you off of the map. Would you rather that he were an invisible Sab who took 5 seconds to kill you, instead? Or that he were a CW who lifted you into the air from range, froze you, froze you again, and you died before you were out of CC? As an HR, getting murdered is part of what you do. It's part of the game.

Lastly, I've seen a whole team one-shot by a GWF. Literally the whole team, all 5 of us, with one encounter. It's just something that happens when you run into people with better gear/a better build than you. I saw an HR three-shot a GWF with rapid shots today. He crit me for 14k damage with a rapid shot and >30k with an aimed shot. It happens.
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2014
    If you were on your mount you have no chance to deflect the shot. HR has 45%+ deflect chance without stacking any in defense slots. There is a good chance you would have deflected it if you weren't on your mount.

CW can hit 32k+ with ice knife.

GWF can hit for upto 40k with intimidation.

GF Anvil of doom can hit so hard it can kill you twice(can give you 2 deaths if wearing soulforge)(bull charge from gf can even hit 25k+)

HR can take 40k HP off any class in a matter of seconds too.

Every class has a strong attack or attack combos, it seems to me that you are upset that you didn't see it coming, but if a cw entangled you then ice knifed you for 32k you would be saying, 'fair play, he got me'
  • Options
    lostdaywalker565lostdaywalker565 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Enough with the over-posting.

Every class can one-shot every-other class with the right build. (except for DC maybe. Have not built one.) I've been choked to death by an SW, Cut in half by a GWF, CC'd and pierced to death by HR's. Every class has also its weakness. Its you job as an opponent to find it.

My main is a TR and I've been killed by these new Glass Cannon builds. The the fun part is, I learned how to fight them. They are easy to kill because they have no defense. Everything it set to maximize offensive capability. Their improved deflect does not help them and stealth is not invisibility. Easy to see if you keep it up close and personal.

Wait.... you were on a mount? Then that is the same as being in bed sleeping.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jasonbhoy7 wrote: »
    GWF can hit for upto 40k with intimidation.

With equal gear being the common denominator I dont think this is possible in Mod5, unless under some heavy buffs which => premade => <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    First, you very well know that TR is the only class that can reach this value in a single blow. NO one can do 50k in a single blow, even with the best combo. And furthermore we are not talking about a daily power, but about a Encounter power with 19 sec CD.

Second, we are talking about TR, a class who starts the fight as stealthed. The first blow is ALWAYS of a TR, and if the first Blow can kill a 20k gs player, please tell me what kind of pvp duel you are supposed to have.

Third, any class who maximise attack capability must be weak at defense, as someone correctly highlighted. TR is not. Even a TR based on high offense can hit you with a Shadow Knife and stealth again in a second, this is a very powerful defense. OR, can keep rolling (avoiding any hit) until, with the talent restoring the stealth meter by rolling, they can stealth out again. This again is a very powerful defense.

Fourth, TR is a class with a very high control. So we have unbelievable damage, powerful defense (not to talking about the amount of deflection reached), high Control, and stealth from the beginning. And i forgot to mention the walk speed that can be reached by running/rolling.

There are a lot of problems in pvp right now, but TR is the king of unbalacing things and i wonder how it can be allowed in a game who claims to perform "Player Versus Player" matches.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    korden1 wrote: »
    Fourth, TR is a class with a very high control. So we have unbelievable damage, powerful defense (not to talking about the amount of deflection reached), high Control, and stealth from the beginning. And i forgot to mention the walk speed that can be reached by running/rolling.

Funny, I rarely see people asking for TRs in dungeons..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    my hunter rangers highest so far with aimed shot on a dragon is 51k, non crit. no idea what damage reduction would get rid of.
    also, go through the Depths section form last year and look for a thread by Abombination247, about winning vs Perma stealth. a lot fo people in there told him exactly how it worked and exactly how to deal with them.
    heres one where he complains about his GF getting instagibbed.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369652-Hit-for-36k-lashing-blade-with-47-7-dmg-mitigation
    here's his "bright"idea of winning.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?369652-Hit-for-36k-lashing-blade-with-47-7-dmg-mitigation

in fact just search all threads by his handle, you should agree with most, going on your post.
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tr way to OP just watch pvp league table and see as it fills the 1st page with op rouges. They do massive damage you can't compare them to other classes as you have no change to dodge a stealthed attack, like you do attacks from gwf, cw ect.

LOL kitty you cant comapre the new rouge with ones of old they can 1 hit 40k and very high defense and i think hes on about pvp not pve. they are in pvp unbalanced and need a nerf. plus aimed shot is hard to pull of in pvp 1 hit and it stops.
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    my hunter rangers highest so far with aimed shot on a dragon is 51k, non crit. no idea what damage reduction would get rid of.

I'm not trying to support the OP's argument, but your example doesn't apply at all. He's talking about PVP in a 1v1 situation and not a situation where a dragon is debuffed by a zerg of other players and you getting various buffs from them as well. In those situations, you can easily be doing over twice your normal damage.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please read the sticky in Gameplay describing what we consider to be legitimate balance threads. "My class can't beat X class in PVP" doesn't qualify.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.