test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug or intended?

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
The new changes to TR are fantastic! I really mean that.
However, When I was playing as scoundrel I noticed something.
  1. My feat concussive strikes would DAZE people even if they were dodging.
    (doesn't dodge give cc immunity?)
  2. CW freeze would freeze me even when I was dodging.
    (i guess dodge does not give cc immunity?)
  3. My feat skullcracker would also daze people during their dodge manuvers.
    (When I saw this I changed away from scoundrel path)

Other than the above listed, I see nothing out of the ordinary in terms of proper function.
I will keep testing all paragon paths.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by demonmonger on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As I understand it not all classes have any immunity or even mitigation of CC or damage while "dodging". For example: I do believe the Warlock still takes damage and is not CC immune during Shadow Slip (their version of "Dodge). Also, any CC affect on a "dodging" player could still grab hold of them in the millisecond of time gap between player system and server - perhaps immediately at the beginning or end of the dodge.

Their system must tell the server they are dodging, then the server must tell your system they are dodging, this while at the same time your system tells the server you are dazing, then the server tells the other player you're dazing... so it could just be a lottery luck-of-the-draw when it happens.

Just my own hypothesis. :)
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2014
    Haven't noticed the dazes yet as I don't use that path.

But, you are right about the cw freeze - Ray of Frost(the at-will lazer beam), can add chill stacks even if dodging and you are taking zero damage. I've never been frozen with it on my tr but on CW or DC last mod it was noticeable. I even froze a few peeps myself while they were dodging.

Don't know if it can be recreated everytime though.