test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sunburst ignoring CC immunity?

tribulationxtribulationx Member Posts: 39
edited December 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Can anybody let me know if the DC skill sunburst is supposed to be throwing around unstoppable gwfs like rag dolls?
It's pretty ridiculous. I hear it also ignores ITC targets, and shield block. Is this WAI?

By the time I land firmly on the ground after being thrown from the node, and get back into melee range, unstoppable is over and i'm being kited like crazy.

Unstoppable says that you break free from control effects and become immune to the duration. Perhaps the name should be changed to "nearly unstoppable unless there is a DC around." In mod5, there are always plenty of dcs around. 2-3 on average per dom.
Post edited by tribulationx on

Comments

• Options
    tobixnewtobixnew Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can anybody let me know if the DC skill sunburst is supposed to be throwing around unstoppable gwfs like rag dolls?
    It's pretty ridiculous. I hear it also ignores ITC targets, and shield block. Is this WAI?

By the time I land firmly on the ground after being thrown from the node, and get back into melee range, unstoppable is over and i'm being kited like crazy.

Unstoppable says that you break free from control effects and become immune to the duration. Perhaps the name should be changed to "nearly unstoppable unless there is a DC around." In mod5, there are always plenty of dcs around. 2-3 on average per dom.
    yea I did also notice there is a bug with the cc immunity. I already reported this where m5 released...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I swear at times it seems like they don't play their own game.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From a PVE standpoint, gotta love interrupting white and blue dragon cultists.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    DC skill sunburst is supposed to be throwing around unstoppable gwfs like rag dolls

And here goes the one and last class against whom a gwf had hopes of a fair fight, the not-any-more peaceful DC.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    And here goes the one and last class against whom a gwf had hopes of a fair fight, the not-any-more peaceful DC.

well, in all fairness a built and skilled DC could survive any GWF even pre Mod 5
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Patch Notes: NW.14.20140310a.2
    "Devoted Cleric: Sunburst: This power when used in divine mode no longer interrupts and knocks creatures and players that are immune to CC effects."
    Link: http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/neverwinter/news/detail/3038573-release-notes%25253A-03%25252F20%25252F14

Bug:
    Since release mod5 it ignores CC immunity again.

Recreate scenario:
    1. Pick a TR and a DC
    2. Let the TR stand right next to the DC
    3. Use ITC on the TR
    4. Do a Sunburst with the DC
    5. TR will be knocked off while being in ITC

Fun Fact:
    The knock from Sunburst can be deflected.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are you referring to PvP?

1) In the tooltip is specifically states Divine Mode no longer interrupts and knocks-back. It does not state this for "normal" version.
    2) Normal version with knock back does NOT ignore CC-immune mobs in PvE.

So it's all working as intended. The real question is how the working-as-intended is supposed to apply against other players in PvP. It may be a genuine bug, but the ambiguity of the scenario makes me wonder if it's all working as intended. I truthfully do not know (but lean toward it being a bug).
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think any encounter is supposed to go through CC immunity, at least not if it's so easy to hit AND and AoE. There is absolutely no way this is WAI. This applies to both PVP and PVE.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I don't think any encounter is supposed to go through CC immunity, at least not if it's so easy to hit AND and AoE. There is absolutely no way this is WAI. This applies to both PVP and PVE.

I concur. However, it's not ignoring CC immune in PvE at all (I'm not seeing it - immune target flash the "Immune" label during normal and Empowered SB.) As for PvP: I can understand the complaint and agree with it. What I'm saying is "how do the Devs feel about it?" :)
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, immune targets (ie bosses) are not affected, but powers from PVE enemies that grant CC immunity can be pierced. Try it in the WoD with the spin attack of White Dragonwings.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes I enjoy getting knocked away when I am blocking ><.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please move this thread to the bug section before it becomes totally lost.
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    jasonbhoy7jasonbhoy7 Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2014
    Yeah I seen jaqen from CS get sunburst while he was mid dodge, defo needs looked at. He was on other team so it didn't bother me at the time :D
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah that is actually very true lol. These DC's and TR's need to get over their little power trip and realize they do things that aren't fair/balanced. A good DC could live against a GWF before now, but now a really bad DC can even live against a good GWF lol.

But I guess for the DC's who stuck it out, did barely any healing, and were mostly tank/buff bots - they get their moment to shine, spend ad/ (got knows no one buys zen with real money) - then they will be nerfed like everyone else.

- But yeah this CC ignoring me pretttttttty fun when you are a protector GF haha. Makes a DC + anything be able to kill you.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, lil nasty bug. That cant be wai, and its rly painfull in pvp, when u r tanking whole party, then dc uses unburst, and in that 1 sec when u have no shield, and u r flying looking at views thay burn ur whole 50k hp. xD