test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increase Dragon Hoard Coin Currency Max

seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I hit 5000 coins a while ago and since we have to wait until Dec 5 to contribute to get the Linu's Favor, the coins that I earn pretty much disappear instead of getting a second stack that I can use for later contributions. Please increase the count or allow for additional stacks.
Post edited by seventhpillar on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ohhhh...that sucks.

For sure, that cap needs to go higher than 5000, or let us start contributing to the Hoard early.

EDIT: Or trade coins for coffers.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Ohhhh...that sucks.

For sure, that cap needs to go higher than 5000, or let us start contributing to the Hoard early.

EDIT: Or trade coins for coffers.

Those ideas are all excellent. Right now I can't count how much I have lost since I hit my cap. I know it's a lot since I been doing a lot of HEs not to mention all the dailies. Sometimes I contemplate if I even should do the dailies still until I can contribute so I don't lose out on coins.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had over 5000 pre mod 5 and on the test server they got deleted down to 300, so I bought a load of useless potions (since you get betters ones now) to use them up. Then they ninja increased the cap on launch so I wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seriously, they need to include SOME use for the things. I'm not a hardcore Grinder, so I don't have this problem (yet) but I can see how it could easily happen. Maybe add some more General use Potions (like Heroism), Coffers, or maybe some Refining Items (say, 1000 Coins for a Black Opel?).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a better idea, say for 50 dragon coins, we can trade them in for 1 dragon sigil/cult secret/dragon fang. This will make the final boons more achievable, campaign progression more manageable on multiple toons, and reduce frustration with lack of use for dragon coins and lack of artifact gear drops from dragon encounters.

What do you guys think?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a better idea, say for 50 dragon coins, we can trade them in for 1 dragon sigil/cult secret/dragon fang. This will make the final boons more achievable, campaign progression more manageable on multiple toons, and reduce frustration with lack of use for dragon coins and lack of artifact gear drops from dragon encounters.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The cap MAY be there so people cant trade a huge amount of prefarmed coins for linus favour and get the artifact offhand/whatever as soon as that turn in quest gos live. Thats about the only reason I can think of - but its probably far more likely its just an arbitrary amount they decided on.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There should have been NO caps. Even the smallest integer would hold many times the lame and low caps they have placed on farmable tokens. If someone wanted to grind and hold 100,000 tokens, they should be allowed to. The caps they instigated were a carryover from the old system and should have been scrapped going to the new.