test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whisperknife Executioner

bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Thieves' Den
Hello folks!
I created a new TR and I'm going to build him as a Whisperknife Executioner.
Since I'm right now level 1, I want to hear your opinion about the build I am choosing, regarding the power and feats.
What do you think? Am I choosing something useless? Are there more usefull power/feats that I may choose instead of others?
Thank you!

http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=hcv:27welv:1bx7hv,1u50n05:100000:100000:1u0zzv&h=1&p=wkn
» Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
Post edited by bakaslam on

Comments

• Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -Tactics is a useful class feature. That 15% AP gain goes a long way, considering that all TR dailies are quite strong.
    -Remove Twisted Grin feat. While it may be useful in early levels, the usefulness will die out entirely once you start doing epic dungeons and/or doing pvp.
    -Personally, I would opt out of Exposed Weakness unless you're planning on doing mostly pvp. Even then, weigh the gain against any of the first 4 feats of Saboteur.
  • Options
    bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I see.. I am actually planning to do a lot of PVP more than PVE.. But I took off Twisted Grin (i wasn't sure about it either).
    And took Shady Preparation that is the first feat of the Saboteur.
    Regarding the powers, what shall I sacrifice for Tactis? Maybe Courage breaker?
    Or maybe Tenacious Concealment? I was actually thinking on having on as Dailies Whirlwind of Blades + Hateful Knives and having First Strike + Advantageous Position on.
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    bakaslam wrote: »
    Regarding the powers, what shall I sacrifice for Tactis? Maybe Courage breaker?
    Or maybe Tenacious Concealment? I was actually thinking on having on as Dailies Whirlwind of Blades + Hateful Knives and having First Strike + Advantageous Position on.

So... Tenacious Concealment is worthless for an Executioner TR. You're going to kick yourself when you reread it and realize that the endcap feat is both the +20% stealth gain and comes built in with +100% reduction in stealth lost from damage. First strike is only good if you plan to kill enemies in one quick combo every time, losing effectiveness the longer you stay in combat.

I'd suggest Tactics and Advantageous at all times. With the higher stealth gain and the fact that you won't lose any in combat, your stealth is up a lot more frequently. This means that you can use Advantageous a lot more frequently.

You can choose whatever dailies you want, but I just feel like Bloodbath has a lot of damage and utility. I've heard Hateful Knives is quite strong, but don't currently own it.
  • Options
    yourbutt2048yourbutt2048 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The 100% stealth reduction is not working atm unless I imagined my stealth getting depleted while getting hit by redcaps so if you want to get Tenacious Concealment, get it but eventually it will be useless for Executioners.
  • Options
    wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited December 2014
    No love for sneak attack? Especially for a character intended for use in PvP that +30% speed during stealth is very useful.

Assuming you don't already have R10 dark enchantments that is.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So... Tenacious Concealment is worthless for an Executioner TR. You're going to kick yourself when you reread it and realize that the endcap feat is both the +20% stealth gain and comes built in with +100% reduction in stealth lost from damage.
    Are you sure about that? You still regenerate stealth, even if you get hit, but I can confirm that at least OUTSIDE of stealth, if you get hit, parts of your stealth meter DOES get reduced. I'm not quite sure what happens if you get hit while IN stealth, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Are you sure about that? You still regenerate stealth, even if you get hit, but I can confirm that at least OUTSIDE of stealth, if you get hit, parts of your stealth meter DOES get reduced. I'm not quite sure what happens if you get hit while IN stealth, though.

Weird...

Because I remember completely regenerating stealth during fights(while getting hit) in Hotenow and Whispering Caverns.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Weird...

Because I remember completely regenerating stealth during fights(while getting hit) in Hotenow and Whispering Caverns.
    Did you have TC slotted that time? With 90% stealth protection and the faster regeneration from SoD, you maybe just didn't notice it. But without TC, it's definately noticeable. I play mostly without TC (Dagger Threat and Sneak Attack ftw), and outside of stealth, if my meter isn't full, a hit from i.e. a dragons tail depletes my meter completely.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Did you have TC slotted that time?

Not a single point has ever been put into TC.

Edit: So after some testing, I figured out what was going on.

You do actually lose stealth from getting damaged. What the Executioner capstone changes is it disables the mechanic where you have a short cooldown after getting damaged before stealth will start regenerating again. Paired with the higher stealth recharge and the heroic feat that gives percent stealth on dodge rolling, this can provide the illusion of not losing stealth on taking damage.