test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

150% mount?

zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems the maps are getting bigger and the dailies are getting longer, I was personally hoping for a speed increase in the legendary mounts but that wasn't the case. How about a 150% mount cryptic?? ^^
Even 130%...
Post edited by zephyrpillar1 on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    IMHO

-1 to idea.

PS but i can see it coming
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Making large maps, without increasing mount speed, is a way of artificially increasing the time it takes to run quests. This is, IMO, a conscious and intentional decision on the devs' part. I don't see them adding an even higher tier of mounts - especially since we've gotten legendary mounts that retain the 110% speed rating.

On a somewhat related note, I'd like to see the refining system expanded to include < 110% mounts, as an alternative way to increase their speed - possibly with incremental speed increases as you level them, (so 30 "levels" from R1 to R2, each granting an additional +1% speed rating, for instance).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I thought some of the early complaints about the game, and its instanced nature, was how small and confining it felt. Now that they are finally creating some really large open zones like the Well of dragons, and Icewind Dale/Dwarven Valley. We suddenly want faster mounts to make them feel smaller again?

Sometimes I think this community cant make up its mind on things.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    artifact mounts..... you have to feed it with the 5gold mounts to get better.
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2014

awesome :D
    edited November 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I thought some of the early complaints about the game, and its instanced nature, was how small and confining it felt. Now that they are finally creating some really large open zones like the Well of dragons, and Icewind Dale/Dwarven Valley. We suddenly want faster mounts to make them feel smaller again?

Sometimes I think this community cant make up its mind on things.

never felt like any of the maps in this game were small when levelling
    edited November 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Making large maps, without increasing mount speed, is a way of artificially increasing the time it takes to run quests. This is, IMO, a conscious and intentional decision on the devs' part. I don't see them adding an even higher tier of mounts - especially since we've gotten legendary mounts that retain the 110% speed rating.

completely agree but it would be a great money grab for them
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    never felt like any of the maps in this game were small when levelling

Perhaps not to you. But all one needs to do, is to fire up the old way-back machine. To see that there was a significant number of complaints about this when the game first launched.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

omg, maaan..i laughed a bit more than expected. that's adorable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014

its not even that stupid, it would be a good way to remove a good portion of excess gold from the game and make gold a worthy currency :D
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why do we need to remove excess gold?

O nvm to increase its virtual value to buy idk what.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No need for a whole new army of mounts.

I have a different idea. Why not Give mounts special abilities?(Example used for mounts of epic quality and above) Like, all armored horse mounts can run through mobs without getting dismounted for, say 4 seconds? Would be awesome. Tiger mounts and similar mounts, like the heavy howler, can run faster for 4 seconds, cooldown of 1 or 2 minutes for special ability. I'd love to see this happen.
    Edit: Or add an enchantment slot to mounts to have special enchantments on them, allowing these special abilities. The higher the quality of the enchantment, the more activation time and less cooldown on your mount special ability.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Seems the maps are getting bigger and the dailies are getting longer, I was personally hoping for a speed increase in the legendary mounts but that wasn't the case. How about a 150% mount cryptic?? ^^
    Even 130%...

For the love of gawd no.
    Don't give them any ideas....
    ..next thing you know we will all be grinding refinement hay with our new grain hoarder enchantments (soon to be nerfed) to get legendary artifact mounts.
    If they do at least I hope it gets a cool bonus like 130% speed and a chance to spit out a notification of how much of a % of your life you wasted grinding it.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are orange mounts already, giant beetle or something. So yes they should be legendary, not just orange. They should have 150% speed.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
    edited November 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    There are orange mounts already, giant beetle or something. So yes they should be legendary, not just orange. They should have 150% speed.

uhhm? i dont.. even know
    edited November 2014
    For the love of gawd no.
    Don't give them any ideas....
    ..next thing you know we will all be grinding refinement hay with our new grain hoarder enchantments (soon to be nerfed) to get legendary artifact mounts.
    If they do at least I hope it gets a cool bonus like 130% speed and a chance to spit out a notification of how much of a % of your life you wasted grinding it.

LOL optimistic arent we :D
    edited November 2014
    wisam187 wrote: »
    No need for a whole new army of mounts.

I have a different idea. Why not Give mounts special abilities?(Example used for mounts of epic quality and above) Like, all armored horse mounts can run through mobs without getting dismounted for, say 4 seconds? Would be awesome. Tiger mounts and similar mounts, like the heavy howler, can run faster for 4 seconds, cooldown of 1 or 2 minutes for special ability. I'd love to see this happen.
    Edit: Or add an enchantment slot to mounts to have special enchantments on them, allowing these special abilities. The higher the quality of the enchantment, the more activation time and less cooldown on your mount special ability.

Now thats a great idea, something unique to each mount. They should have thought of that already. Oustanding idea!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If they were going to increase maximum speed of mounts they would have done it when they introduced the legendary mounts , in fact they got a lot of grief for not making the orange mounts faster , I doubt they will add anything faster any time soon.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A new displacer beast mount. You are stealthed while mounted, 80% speed bonus and your 1st attack on dismount benefits from stealth bonus on any class.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In reading these posts, I agree that we do NOT need mounts faster than 110%. I also agree with the idea that current mounts should have added abilities, based on type mentioned already (armored, agile, etc.).

IF a faster mount is introduced, and I hope not, the speed should be 140% (not 130% or 150%) as that follows the current +30% progression of the existing mounts (not counting rentals). :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My view: maps are fine, mounts are fine. There are much better things for devs to spend their time on.

And, let's face it, the only reason anyone wants a faster mount right now is so they can zerg those dragons more quickly.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    oh ya lets do this so then more people can complain about not being able to do the circle of dragons because their mount is too slow :rolleyes:
    edited November 2014
    henry404 wrote: »
    My view: maps are fine, mounts are fine. There are much better things for devs to spend their time on.

And, let's face it, the only reason anyone wants a faster mount right now is so they can zerg those dragons more quickly.

LOL! You've got a point there!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited November 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    oh ya lets do this so then more people can complain about not being able to do the circle of dragons because their mount is too slow :rolleyes:

LOL! These days, I just smack each one a few times and move on to the next one because a lot of people are not working the rotation - found out the hard way once - was not even able to land one blow on the red dragon.

• sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! These days, I just smack each one a few times and move on to the next one because a lot of people are not working the rotation - found out the hard way once - was not even able to land one blow on the red dragon.

Ya i really hate that, and for some reason people just want to make waves and try to get everyone to do it a different way to save a couple seconds, resulting in more confusion and frustration.