test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Error during publish... anyone else getting this?

crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Foundry
Noticed my Foundry quest was no longer published this evening (2 days from Feywild going live), so I clicked to publish it again and got this message:

Error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish.

Has anyone else been getting this error message, or know what it means?

Cheers
NW-DGVPL17X5 THUNDERHORN - willing to trade reviews, thanks!
Post edited by crowgate1 on

Comments

• Options
    kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same error with all my quests :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • Options
    jfinderdevjfinderdev Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    We are aware of the issue and are working on it. Thanks for the notification.
  • Options
    ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    carletto75carletto75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same error here, with my Foundry.
    When I exit the editor, the game crash
  • Options
    kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jfinderdev wrote: »

Thanks for the update ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • Options
    crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You are welcome, and thank you for the prompt reply.
    NW-DGVPL17X5 THUNDERHORN - willing to trade reviews, thanks!
  • Options
    kitario1kitario1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jfinderdev wrote: »

Same issue here... Was starting to think I was doing something wrong. Glad to see Cryptic is aware and working on it! :)
    All Is Well Below, Or Is It?: NWS-DESLOFMYY
    ACT 1 - Deekin Street Discomfort: NW-DRF887HS4 - Eligible for Daily Foundry
    ACT 2 - Nashers! Come Out, Come Out!: [COMING SOON]
    ACT 3 - The Evil That Lurks Below!: [COMING SOON]

Feel free to leave any feedback in the campaign thread here
  • Options
    sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm saddened by this as my quest was already published and now I can't republish it to show a friend that just started playing.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't republish my quest, it gives me an error message.

"Error during publish. Publishing failed: log Project needs republish."

This is driving me insane. How about you guys just scrap the entire auto-republishing thing. The majority of foundry missions are 1 room/exploit/test maps that nobody wants to see anyway. Instead let US choose, IF we like to republish our quest on our OWN. That way all these problems wouldn't be there in the first place.

Just a suggestion, since the automated feature seems to be rather a mess. The update itself is great.

• Options
    knigg3knigg3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here. Is there a solution at the horizon? :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We just have to be patient, for a little longer. It is weekend, give the devs a break. (and some beer)

Cheers!

• Options
    zaforouszaforous Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem here! Glad it's not me!
    Try my first Foundry dungeon "It's a dirty job..." NW-DLDKYKIJP
  • Options
    ar1ochar1och Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    had the same thing happen but was able to duplicate the quest and publish. However before I succeeded I duplicated a quest and deleted the original and found a quest with just a description not sure why it didn't duplicate the whole thing. I am afraid if I delete the original of the second successful quest I will loose the content of the copy at this point. so I wont be doing that anytime soon just wanted to make you aware of the issue. Now I cant publish at all and Im wondering where the notification is that the foundry publishing is off line its why Im here in the forums looking for it but not finding it. Would really like to know when the ability to publish will be back up I expected it to be in a sticky post at the top here.
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ar1och wrote: »
    ... However before I succeeded I duplicated a quest and deleted the original and found a quest with just a description not sure why it didn't duplicate the whole thing. I am afraid if I delete the original of the second successful quest I will loose the content of the copy at this point. so I wont be doing that anytime soon just wanted to make you aware of the issue. ...

There has been an issue for a long time, where if you switch projects during the same session, the new project you open will appear to have empty tabs. After duplicating, or when just changing projects, it helps to log out first before opening another project. If you log out and back in, your other tabs should still have everything there.

Also, you probably didn't need to do that in the first place, as it seems they are still republishing quests. Not every quest has been republished, perhaps they halted the process to address some of the quest-breaking bugs first. Give them a few days to get things going again, and your original quest should be there, with only maybe a few minor scratches. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I can still not see any of my previous published quests, is this not solved yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • Options
    brazilianbraidbrazilianbraid Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    I can't even get in the Foundry. What's going on?
    War in the twelve temples - NW-DMXDG5KED (Parody of the anime Saint Seiya!)
    The Mysterious Woman - NW-DP6MVIC26 (Venture in the fey wild)

[SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90213885&dateline=1376666164[/SIGPIC]
    Those are high elves, also known as eladrins. The closest beings to the feywild.
    They are a core race from D&D 4e. You can find them in "The Mysterious Woman" quest.
  • Options
    theevilneedletheevilneedle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I get this error now too.
    "Error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish."

any solution?
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yepp. The solution is wait. Read through this necro thread.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "Error during publish. Publish failed: log Project needs republish."

You know it's bad when, over a period of fourteen months, they can't spare one native English-speaker to proofread the dialog text and make it more understandable.

People keep telling me the Foundry is dead. I'm beginning to understand why.

At any rate, I'm having the same problem: I'm unable to re-publish my quest. I tried it about a dozen times until giving up.

(Devs: no Nasher banners? No HR costumes? Really? Really???)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »

People keep telling me the Foundry is dead. I'm beginning to understand why.

The Foundry isn't dead, it's just full of bad missions most of the time. However I have seen some ecceptions to this, but this is very rare.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The Foundry isn't dead, it's just full of bad missions most of the time. However I have seen some ecceptions to this, but this is very rare.

The latest update's restrictions broke so many great quests, that one could argue it was the final nail in the foundry's coffin. People used workarounds for foundry design flaws, which the latest "update" broke entirely. All that will be left in a few months is the imp exploit farms, mark my words.

• Options
    banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    uigh, cant publish my stuff either GRRRR