test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a way to loop an attack animation?

elderdayselderdays Member Posts: 36 Arc User
I'm trying to convey the idea that the player is in the middle of a large scale battle. My first idea for accomplishing this is to have groups of npcs in inaccessible areas "attacking" each other with an attack animation loop. So far I have been unable to find a way to do this. I would appreciate any tips or suggestions for an alternate method of representing the battle.
Post edited by elderdays on

Comments

• Options
    idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is no convenient way to do this. If you wanted an infinite battle there are a few methods but they wont'd be that good or convenient for you nor the quest. First there are 2 attack animations; Kick and Headbutt, in the Emotes section but that would look rather ridiculous as they would only do that single animation and wouldn't look very good seeing 2 encounters trying to headbutt or kick each other to death. It's not dynamic enough for a decent battle. What would be better but not straight forward and rather tedious is to have waves upon waves of encounters attacking each other after the each last "Component Complete" another wave spawns but since there are only 50 encounters total and I don't think they ever respawn, you might have to replicate that map to allow for more encounters to fight each other which would mean after every certain point in the quest, you would have to "Go to next map" until you want to end that sequence and go to the next area.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ... I don't think they ever respawn, ...

As long as you set Disappear When to Never they will respawn as long as PC is not within their aggro distance. However, they will only respawn after a minute or so. Respawning also may be limited to specific maps - I know for sure the tower district map that I am using for Old Magic respawns so you may need to try it and see.

Another issue would be that you would see one side or the other "win" and kill their opponent, and then a minute later a new opponent would simply materialize. You could have them "path" into each other from behind objects so that they don't merely appear and it looks like reinforcements arriving type of thing.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Use an "invisible" ghost costume on an npc, with all the advanced sliders down all the way. Then drop a hostile encounter in the same vicinity as the invisible ghost. You can change the costumes for this encounter to have some of the attackers and some of the defenders. So they are technically the same encounter, but all of them will be attacking the invisible ghost NPC. So players will see fighting going on in the inaccessible area, it will look like there are two groups fighting, even though its just one group ganging up on an invisible NPC.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2