test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gift of Faith

x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Temple
If your target is already below 45% health, what happens to the heals that would go to Gift of Faith? Are they applied immediately or lost or what?
Post edited by x1101011x on

Comments

• borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    x1101011x wrote: »
    If your target is already below 45% health, what happens to the heals that would go to Gift of Faith? Are they applied immediately or lost or what?

great question.
    Not to steal thread or anything, but I came here wanting to know:

-How long Gift of Faith last?
    -What happen if 2 DCs with Gift of Faith heal you, will they accumulate? or the higher one wins?
  • x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    great question.
    Not to steal thread or anything, but I came here wanting to know:

-How long Gift of Faith last?
    -What happen if 2 DCs with Gift of Faith heal you, will they accumulate? or the higher one wins?

I would like to know those as well :P

Edit: In my experience, it seems that Gift of Faith lasts indefinitely.
    edited November 2014
    It also looks like, if your target has less than 45% health, they receive a gift of faith that procs on the next time they receive damage. Can anyone confirm?
  • avaierusavaierus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    I haven't been able to test Gift of Faith in a party setting so I'm not sure about that yet.

But on the preview shard, I can't get Gift of Faith to activate consistently to heal myself when my HP falls below 45%. It sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't, despite having built up a store of heals for Gift of Faith. I don't know whether it's a bug and/or if I'm doing something that prevents Gift from activating (eg dodging, moving or attacking just before Gift is supposed to activate). Or if there are unspecified conditions for Gift to activate/not activate. Has anybody else experienced this and know what might be causing it? Thanks in advance.

I've made a post in the Bug report section about Gift not always activating.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?795551-Gift-of-Faith-not-always-activating-when-HP-drops-below-45
  • fatty789fatty789 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gift of Faith expires right after combat.
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    fatty789 wrote: »
    Gift of Faith expires right after combat.

Are you sure? What about casting while out of combat?
    Cause I casted multiple healing spells in PE and it seems to stick with me forever on Preview Shard.
  • odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    From some casual testing in IWD- by myself and watching other Faithful Clerics with that capstone- I currently feel the heavy penalty for the capstone out-weighs the feature.

As far as I could tell, it only stores the base heal and not anything from a crit. The range of heals was about 3,000-8,000 using HW, but the effect didn't stack for multiple Faithful Clerics. So it's kinda like High Vizer gear. If you are the second Cleric to heal, life sucks. And the ROI didn't match the HW I had once I speced out and dropped the capstone.

And you can have the indicator icon for the Gift of Faith but it can be expired.
  • blackiejblackiej Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    See later post - new testing with new results
    ~ da Vinci (22k AC Faithfull PvP Cleric)
    edited November 2014
    I have filled gifts while out of combat on players who went to different nodes, entered combat, and triggered the gift. I also routinely proc gifts from surprise attacks from rogues, where I was out of combat beforehand.

Perhaps gifts do not expire out of combat in PvP?

Also, the penalty definitely does not outweigh the feature in PvP: an extra 25% healing isn't going to do anything when a rogue pops out of nowhere and takes you down to a sliver of health with one hit.
  • blackiejblackiej Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello,

Iv done some more testing and updated my former post (below). You were right x1101011x, the buff remains in combat.

- There is no cap on the heal. This means if your healing (continuously in combat) for a extended amount of time the heal will be huge once your gift is popped. Iv seen 450k heals pop. Iv seen some people say this is “overpowered” or needs to be changed. In practise there is only one thing that the dev’s can really do which is to cap the total healing accumulated in the gift.
    Ill give an example: say a DC has 40k health. That means your gift will pop once you reach 18k health. That means “only” a 22k heal will top that person off again. All the other healing off that 450k heal will be wasted.
    Now if you would cap the healing stored in gift to say to a percentage based on the maximum health of the player that has the buff, might fix the huge heal.

Now why would you nerf overhealing would you say? There is a feat in the faithfull tree that distributes 20% of your direct healing around to party members. This feat shouldn’t be proc’d by gift but it does seem to do it. Now in this case a 450k heal will be problematic.
    Anyone else noticed this? Ill have to do more testing to be sure of this.

- Gift of faith will not proc if your health reaches 0 with one big hit. Ill give an example again. I saw a TR one shot a fellow faithfull cleric. He got hit from around 70% health to 0 and soulforged. This means the gift will not proc if you get brought down to fast. However if you would have had 1 health left the buff would have proc’d.

- Gift of faith will not proc if you heal someone who is already below the 45% mark. If im healing up someone that just soulforged for example, the healing I do does get stored in a gift but till the person reaches 45% health the buff will not proc. However once he reaches that amount (or above) he will instantly be topped by the buff. He will also receive the heal once he takes damage.

- Gift of faith from 2 different clerics DO seem to stack from each other. With 2 clerics in the party there appears a “x2” on the icon. Iv tested it and the healing from both clerics stack into the “x2 gift” which then heals for huge amounts. This makes teams with 2 clerics kind off immortal.

- Gift of faith will be NOT be removed once a player leaves combat. The healing stacked in the buff will remain till the person has to travel (look at a loading screen). Then and only then the buff disappears.

- Gift of faith has no range. Meaning the gift will pop anywhere, no matter the range between the target and the cleric.

- Gift of faith DOES seem to store overhealing.

//
    ~ da Vinci (22k AC Faithfull PvP Cleric)