test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

new guardian fighter... i need help

triciafbtriciafb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I'm so used to magic characters I'm not used to this...
It has been a while since I made this character, I forget what this symbol to the left of my character is... its a shield... it becomes active during a fight. What is it???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    triciafb wrote: »
    I'm so used to magic characters I'm not used to this...
    It has been a while since I made this character, I forget what this symbol to the left of my character is... its a shield... it becomes active during a fight. What is it???

Not meaning to sound snarky but that's like asking " Hey, I forget what these two long appendages protruding from my torso are,..are those legs...are they used for walking ? "

If you really want to start the GF just play it for a while, see what's what. Best way to get to know something is to experience it first hand. Get some levels, fight some battles, then if you have a real question like " Hey, how do I bug my Guard to make it perma ? " do come back and ask
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is not snarky. It is probably more difficult for the people on the forum to figure out what OP is talking about than it is for OP to answer his own question.

GF is extremely easy to figure out. Go to the Wiki, read up, then go to the barracks and catch up. If you still have questions, ask!
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I would suggest Going and doing the campaigns for a few days and do some grinding to get the feel of the character and then come on the forum and ask your questions once you know a little more about the character. You can also send me a mail anytime you want and I would be happy to answer your questions.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the class :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grindtoofgrindtoof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound snarky but that's like asking " Hey, I forget what these two long appendages protruding from my torso are,..are those legs...are they used for walking ? "

If you really want to start the GF just play it for a while, see what's what. Best way to get to know something is to experience it first hand. Get some levels, fight some battles, then if you have a real question like " Hey, how do I bug my Guard to make it perma ? " do come back and ask
    heh, heh, heh.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's your gaurd meter it shows how long your shield can be active.
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well imo it's the same as playing any other new class for the first time, considering it's brand new lvl 1. Just do the campaigns. By the time you get to maybe 20 you'll have a good idea for the mechanics :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nyetdiemnyetdiem Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2014
    Most classes use stamina for dodging, which shows up around your AP gauge. Since blocking is so integral to the GF class, it has a special bar just next to your character. That is the GF stamina/guard bar.

The shield just shows if you are blocking or not. After a few more hours, you won't even notice it anymore.