test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 5 - still worth doing temp SW???

distancedistance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Nine Hells
After the recent nerf to temptation soul bonding, from 200% shared LS to 125 % , is it still worth it doing temp warlock???
Post edited by distance on

Comments

• duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't tested yet, but I think it will still be a worth while path. Allies will still get 25% more healing from your life steal than you do, so if your LS can keep you on your feet most of the time then it will still go a long way to keeping your friends on theirs.

'Teplocks' are great healers over time but with little to no clutch heals. For the most part, the only time people in my parties go down is when there is significant spike damage and in those cases another 75% life steal from me after the fact is not going to help much.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Meh, do a little less damage than damnation, but still a good deal. Combined with the LS from other members they're still really good to have.

They'd be totally broken if they could fill you back up in 2 seconds.
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *Less* than Damnation? Dude...

Anyway, I haven't tested extensively. I do like the healer role through pew pews, but 75% was absolutely brutal. It's like the devs don't want a second healer class and wish to enforce a DC in every party.

Depending on how bad it turned out I might just switch to Fury since what's the point of a healing path that does not heal?
  • nebulus7nebulus7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I feel very nerfed to the point of being ineffective now. I am finding places that I can't solo heal anymore. I still do a lot of damage, but I'm going to get DR on life steal if I add anymore. I feel I have hit a brick wall with my healing ability now.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't group-healed yet, but if your healing feels insufficient, might try adding Vampiric Embrace to your rotation.
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What is even worse for me is that the tooltip still claims 200% for me, misleading those not reading patch notes.
  • dyaenahdyaenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sadly I agree
    I get that the Devs felt Temp warlocks were putting pressure on DC's but they just seriously buffed DC so I don't think they needed to nerf Temps healing. Buff one or Nerf the other but to do both is overkill and ruins Temp build primary role as healer and makes them a Jack of all trades - a bit of off-tank, a bit of heals, a bit of dps but unable to excel in anything now....
    PS Vampiric Embrace doesn't really help matters
  • protiusivprotiusiv Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yea..with the massive buffs the DC just got..coupled with a nerf to Temp lock..It isnt even a close comparison. DC can toss out so many buffs/damage reductions etc. and now they have even better healing. I had been playing a temp lock for a while but switched to fury after this mod. Really cant see a reason to ever bring a templock over a DC. The buffs the DC give are just amazing and far and away make up for any difference in personal dps between dc/lock.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I feel like it's not supposed to be an either or kind of thing. Why do we need to pit DC against a temptation warlock? The temptation warlock seems to be a dps class with the added ability to heal/buff heals a bit and debuff a bit. It makes a team stronger. DC does similar things better, but DC has usually a pure heal/buff/debuff role without focus on dps.

This game doesn't seem to require us to have that one healer one tank 3 dps party. Sure that can be nice to have and works great, but it's completely not necessary to have that setup for any of the dungeons with a decently geared party. But even if that IS the desired setup, why is it a problem if one of those 3 dps is also healing and debuffing a bit? And if you don't have a DC, then it's only a benefit to the team if one of the dps is also healing/debuffing...

Point is, if we stop trying to make it seem like temp is a replacement for a DC in a party and just look at it as a warlock with less damage than fury but more survivability and team boost, then we will have happier temp sws.

I also feel like people don't take the time to try to understand what other classes actually do. Anyone looking for a temp sw to do the same thing that a DC does, doesn't understand what a temp sw can do.

They are still great for parties because they do solid damage and boost the team.
  • leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welp. After a few dungeons I can say the change was not dire (of course thanks to the tooltip not being changed for all I know we're still healing at 200% and that's why it does not feel dire). Did CN, kept everyone up.

Most well geared players already have enough life steal to not need a DC *OR* a tempt warlock and would prefer someone equally high geared laying the hurt.

I find that I still heal the party and that's enough for me. My very last dungeon just before I swapped to SW was on my CW doing ToS. We tried to four man the last boss, had no DC, no GF, and the comp wasn't all that hot. We failed a few times, disbanded, and that was my last straw. I wanted to pick a character that would make *sure* my teams would finish the dungeon and my tempt warlock provided that.

Granted, other than Fiery Bolt (and Killing Flames, but by its nature it's only really suited for bosses) all other damage dealing skills are DoTs from Harrowstorm to Dreadtheft (yay for interruptable DoTs!) to Warlock's Bargain and even our T2 four piece bonus. That means most times things die before even the T2 four piece even starts ticking. There is no point even using TT.

In all senses of the word the less well geared the party is the more a tempt warlock shines. Not only are we keeping up but our DoTs have the time to tick, we can use TT and etc.

Playing a tempt warlock is not for someone who has a well geared guild who always play together or those nutty LFGers with demands of 15-17k GS so they can run ePK. A tempt warlock is for people who run dungeons with random people, random GS and random comps. Sure, sometimes we might do it with four CWs and blitz through content, but other times we can take undergeared players and force them to stay upright.

And we do this via pew pew, no need to baby sit health bars. Which is great.

Bottom line: I'm sticking to my Tempt.
  • dyaenahdyaenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    I feel like it's not supposed to be an either or kind of thing. Why do we need to pit DC against a temptation warlock?
    We DONT and we shouldnt - but people do...
    A Templock can,t throw a massive heal to save a dying tank there not set up that way nor was that their intended role but sadly most people just looked at healing tally at the end, I have a cleric too so I understand but the classes shouldn't be compared.
    But the fact remains that Temptation build was set up as a healing build and a great many people spent a lot of time gearing and speccing their warlocks purely for healing and now theyve been made obsolete in a purely healing role.
    I have no problem understanding why people are upset and I believe the devs made a mistake because the Templock was a really useful and viable choice. Now people are going Fury or Damnation and can't say I blame them....
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I still throw 30 - 60k plus heals easily.- 21% lifesteal, 23% incoming heal bonus, endless consumption. I do not feel nerfed at all. Added to which I am also usually top DPS too especially in elol and VT xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I still throw 30 - 60k plus heals easily.- 21% lifesteal, 23% incoming heal bonus, endless consumption. I do not feel nerfed at all. Added to which I am also usually top DPS too especially in elol and VT xD

Its not a Nerf, they indicidentally put the number too high originally, which effectively made a healign DC useless. They simply balanced it out so that the average group would still prefer to have a real DC.

I however, would only want my group to consists of GF Tank, DC as DPS/Debuff, SW with Fury, and then a CW / GWF combo or just 2 CW's.

Fact of he matter is, in PvE most proper SW's can survive everything and anything just fine Solo. you add Knights Valor and its **** near impossible to kill me but you still need to keep that GF alive, but to do that shouldn't require an outright healer.

The only reason why I dont liek to have more than 1 SW on the team is its less effective use of dailies. we Tend to have the "Lets get TT up first and worry about the rest later" mentality which unless you are with guildies on TeamSpeak, can get ugly as to who does TT and when.