test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR executioner

rude2urude2u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Thieves' Den
all tr who was executioneer are down the new feats are terrible. and now you want all tr become saboteur ??
Post edited by rude2u on

Comments

• fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Executioner capstone is broken and Executioner TRs are doing stupid high dps. In a group with 2 TRs in eLoL, dragon went down in 90 secs. Same group and Valindra didnt even have chance to do casket phase.....
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So were back to pre mod 1.... The cycle continues...
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aye crazy busted OP with executioner at the moment. The funny thing is that it takes all that busted OP damage to best an sw/cw. I am playing purely for fun, though, so no exe for me.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aye crazy busted OP with executioner at the moment. The funny thing is that it takes all that busted OP damage to best an sw/cw. I am playing purely for fun, though, so no exe for me.

busted op was piercing dmg of HR. Same was with GWF broken roar in mod 3. TR capstone is a bit too strong atm but it is not even close to op as other things through this game.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rude2u wrote: »
    all tr who was executioneer are down the new feats are terrible. and now you want all tr become saboteur ??

Executioner is atm the best path i think. Executioner TR is very similar to cw in mod 4, huge dmg on both pve and pvp. Everyone who says it's op is just another hypocrite who was accepting state of cw in last mod. Most players in this game are CW i am nearly sure about it, so no wonder if any class is threat for them in pvp or pve there will be qq threads and panic posts.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Executioner is atm the best path i think. Executioner TR is very similar to cw in mod 4, huge dmg on both pve and pvp. Everyone who says it's op is just another hypocrite who was accepting state of cw in last mod. Most players in this game are CW i am nearly sure about it, so no wonder if any class is threat for them in pvp or pve there will be qq threads and panic posts.

hehe I agree brother those hypocrites really knows how to use crab mentality to bring the one and only hard counter for their class in pvp. Im just laughing in the back seats watching and reading comments and suggestion of this hypos
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    k9madrush wrote: »
    hehe I agree brother those hypocrites really knows how to use crab mentality to bring the one and only hard counter for their class in pvp. Im just laughing in the back seats watching and reading comments and suggestion of this hypos

If you need this much broken OP shi* as a 'hard counter' to defeat any other class with a TR in mod5, that says a lot about your skill level -- as in, "non-existant".

But then again, terribads will be terribads. LOL

Brace yourselves for a nerf, terribads, because there's no way SoD is going to persist in this manner.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited November 2014

One -- one of the paths is openly broken as 'pre-mod1' levels.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So this executioner is the build everyone is talking about? :D

If it is then I just gotta go try it now and then run something with geared CWs so I can mock at them as hard as I can har har har (I did many times on my SW already though) Justice has served
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    So this executioner is the build everyone is talking about? :D

If it is then I just gotta go try it now and then run something with geared CWs so I can mock at them as hard as I can har har har (I did many times on my SW already though) Justice has served

I tried it out on a retired TR I had stripped of chants and such. Well in epic shores it was 50% more damage than the CW and 25% more than the SW. Also I guess LS is working with this as I did like the CW always do and just ran headfirst into every single pack while everyone else tried to keep up. I managed to get bored a lot quicker than I thought I would, though.

My other is a scoundrel and it is nothing like this but a lot more fun.
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Try scoundrel, it is fun as hell and the stuns are incredible with a teammate. Plus you aren't using a cheesey build :P
    It can still perform well 1v1 too. It can even give those executioners a run for their money if you can outplay them.
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've been mi/exe since beta. I feel like I got my tr back for the first time since.... Beta? It seems awesome to me.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I believe my valindra's shard on TR wouldn't be useless if I respec'd to scoundrel now :D

I just wish my TR was not broken ._, Can't arrange my feats because of some nasty bug

P.S this gave me a good laugh too 2cyh8px.jpg
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gotta enjoy executioner while you can, the nerf hammer is coming soon :(, hopefully it won't be so bad. I think they just need to max it to 1 SoD per target which should reduce the amount of damage. However they need to fix the other classes as well, specifically the DC faith as nothing will kill them then unless 2+v1.

The nice thing is that not too many are noticing the Sabatour path as it is pretty OP too. If they exec really bad, that is probably the next best path....Shadowy Opportunity......*drools*
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    I've been mi/exe since beta. I feel like I got my tr back for the first time since.... Beta? It seems awesome to me.

Me too, but Shadow of Demise is not supposed to stack. I think there are enough changes to TR damage and mechanics to make this thing work without it. It's a bug and we shouldn't expect it to last. Even though I hate PvP and don't participate, the consensus is that it's completely wrecked it and that's not fair either. We got enough new survival mechanics and damage to be useful again without it. It needs to be fixed; I just hope they don't nerf all the other **** in response.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »
    Me too, but Shadow of Demise is not supposed to stack. I think there are enough changes to TR damage and mechanics to make this thing work without it. It's a bug and we shouldn't expect it to last. Even though I hate PvP and don't participate, the consensus is that it's completely wrecked it and that's not fair either. We got enough new survival mechanics and damage to be useful again without it. It needs to be fixed; I just hope they don't nerf all the other **** in response.

It is not a bug as they never specified it can applied to a target once per 6 seconds. However, it is crazy freaking OP right now and hopefully the fix will just be so that a target can be afflicted by one SoD at a time.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    /pray "please be working as intended" tyvm /dream.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vortican wrote: »

Yea, it's completely wrecking PvP.
    All it takes is PoB and Stealth to scatter or wreck a whole team.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    busted op was piercing dmg of HR. Same was with GWF broken roar in mod 3. TR capstone is a bit too strong atm but it is not even close to op as other things through this game.
    Absolute rubbish. As usual.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have to say the Executioner is fun.. it feels great in both pve and pvp and seems to be on par with the HR, CW, GWF. Fun to see what we TR have been missing all this time.
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have to say the Executioner is fun.. it feels great in both pve and pvp and seems to be on par with the HR, CW, GWF. Fun to see what we TR have been missing all this time.

Yea it is fun to lay waste against 20k gs geared people when my toon is just 13k gs. Bull**** of Demise FTW.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The TR should have never been nerfed in the first place. A lot of crying from PvPers turned the TR into an almost worthless class for group dungeons for the past few mods! The ONLY thing broken right now is the capstone feat being too OP (Demise). Once that is fixed, the TR will be about where it needs to be!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The TR should have never been nerfed in the first place. A lot of crying from PvPers turned the TR into an almost worthless class for group dungeons for the past few mods! The ONLY thing broken right now is the capstone feat being too OP (Demise). Once that is fixed, the TR will be about where it needs to be!

I hope they find a good balance/place for TR. I hope they find a good balance/place for all the classes. Not a continuous cycle of "Class A" = OP nerf btm Rung, "Class A" OP btm rung, etc

PS Pre Mod 1 they needed a fix to broken things and not a nerf as far as I could tell. So I agree but they had broken things that made them extremely OP in PVE and PVP. I normally post a vid of it, but Im not in the self promotion mood :) (Im in it as a pug :), when pugging actually decently worked)
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At this moment, I don't care if it's WAI or not.

TR is striker, the premise of the class is to do huge single target DPS.

So, they were really good back in the day.

Then after launch a bunch of PvP baddies whined and complained about TRs being OP, when really the problems where that these guys needed to L2Play and L2Dodge.

So they nerfed TR to the point of irrelivent uselessness.

By mod 1 and mod 2, my TR friends asked me "so, I want to play PvE, and I want to run CN, and I don't want to glitch/bug anythings. What should I do"

The correct answer is "you can delete your TR and roll a CW or GWF."

Untill mod 5, it was almost absolutely TR. It's like, ok, let's bring a TR to PvE. I almost never played my TR! why?

TR = 3 times as much work and less than 1/3 the results.

In PvP, people kept whining because they couldn't L2Play or L2Dodge, so they did tenacity, which was again a covert nerf to TR. This forced every TR to go PS/Bilethorn or be useless in PvP.

So from Launch until a few days ago TR went from good to a A) PvP class that B) could only run one build and C) one playstyle which involved taking your class which is supposedly a STRIKER to just spend the whole match annoying people and taking 20 minutes to kill a GWF>

TRs have had plenty of time to cry about things. Now they have their damage back.

How about instead of whining and complaining in forums, we all try and find where the SHIFT key is and hit it when you see the BIG OBVIOUS LASHING BLADE, or impact or whatever and learn to dodge? Maybe it's not that TR is OP? maybe other people need to play better.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    If you need this much broken OP shi* as a 'hard counter' to defeat any other class with a TR in mod5, that says a lot about your skill level -- as in, "non-existant".

But then again, terribads will be terribads. LOL

Brace yourselves for a nerf, terribads, because there's no way SoD is going to persist in this manner.

Do I know you? sorry I dont mingle with nerds

I intend to bring TR to CW,SW and GWF levels if they are OP then TR should be OP, I will not allow our class to be mocked, ignored and disrespected. I killed 20x CW in one game I love it! they just screamed OP TR! I said ******s use barrier and stack armor and hp those fools made a glass cannon and expect to live against another glass cannon.