test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upset with Bound Enchantment

mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So I saved my shards of Barkshield, okay they were bound (I mean I have never come across bound shards, Enchantments or Runestones before at all), and to get the Bound Shards was odd anyway.

For those you don't know the shards came from the Master of the Hunt reward Chest.

Anyway, I got a Coal ward and I was jumping up and down with excitement, I could finally get my Barkshield Enchantment for my DC girl, only my shards were on my GWF, not a problem I thought, I made the Enchantment then I'll move it over to my DC.

um....no....

For the first time ever - I have a 'Bound Lesser Barkshield Enchantment' Bound to character, not even to my Account.... A Character I don't use very often, okay my fault for making him I suppose, but I'm very unhappy with this, unless its an error, if it is can someone tell me, how this has happened and can I report it.
Post edited by mosaic06 on

Comments

• damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Odd - I would guess because you made the chant with bound shards the enchant is bound. Sorry it happened to you, thats kind of sucky :(
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Wow, I have never heard of that happening. They should definitely change the mechanics to not let that happen or add a warning message...
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah someone else found that out, it's pretty lame.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My world must suck too. I have heard of people getting unbound shards and then restacking in such a way as to unbind the bound ones.. I also heard a rumor that they 'fixed' it so that this was no longer possible. (I don't actually know if either was true, but have no difficulty accepting that both probably are.)

But as for my own experience.. I have never seen a Bark Shard that wasn't bound, and since I had no designs on the enchant on any of my toons that had them, I can only guess that any enchant I made would also be bound.

(Gotta love rewards that ... are no reward at all.)
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I promise you PWE, if you do this across the board you WILL loose players. It is the one awesome thing that we can do to save AD is trading our enchants to our other characters. This will hurt you WAY more than it will help.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am a bit confused
    its became bound because the shard was bound or because the coal ward wad bound?
  • pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    piejal wrote: »
    I am a bit confused
    its became bound because the shard was bound or because the coal ward wad bound?
    The shards were bound.

And whenever I get bound shards now, i just throw them into rp >3<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spirit354spirit354 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I had this happen to me, I sent in a support ticket and a couple days later it was fixed. It was around the time that they said they fixed it so I do not know if the timing was just coincidental. Either way it probably would not hurt sending in a support ticket, just do not get your hopes up.
  • ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think i remember this happening to me like a year ago or so,
    if my memory servers well sloting the enchant and removing it intact, removes the bound status.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just wait until later today when the bulk or all refining items are made BoP. I don't know for sure if this will happen, but it appears that way based on feedback from the preview instance.

Making all refining and/or enchantments BoP will absolutely kill this game in the long run.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, this happened to me too. I might have to try what you suggested Ratattacks. Lets hope that works.
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unfortunately, the slotting and un-slotting of the Enchantment did not work, I have sent a ticket and I hope that they either; 1. Remove the bound status, or 2. Which I don't mind, change it to Bound to Account.

Thank you to all that have answered, I hope that this is not an issue in the future, but know I will be more careful in what I do in the future regarding anything Bound.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Concerning the shards,
    I think it used to work like this:
    if you dropped one or more bound barkshield shards on to an unbound one, the status of the unbound one would stay but the number was increased. E.g. 1 unbound bark + 1 bound bark -> 2 unbound bark
    (would also work the reverse, 1 bound bark + 1 unbound one dropped onto them -> 2 bound bark)

When they "fixed" the suddenly bound stuff from the Midsummer Festival they claimed to have also "fixed" the un-binding of the shard stuff.

Mind you, I still sit on lots of BtC Midsummer stuff (which should be unbound). When talking to support about it the answer was <according to ToS not written>, de facto to go and suck my toes.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Just wait until later today when the bulk or all refining items are made BoP. I don't know for sure if this will happen, but it appears that way based on feedback from the preview instance.

Making all refining and/or enchantments BoP will absolutely kill this game in the long run.

You can use bound stuff as rp fodder, but not for the original enchantment that needs to be unbound and I'm not sure about the bind status of the reagents.
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would put in a ticket. That shouldnt happen
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This happened to me as well a few months ago it was just before the double rp so i just used it as rp, it did suck though.
  • calis17calis17 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It was possible for some time to use 4 bound shards and refine them into one unbound shard if your attempt failed. This is no longer working. Hence the pirces for the barkshield shards for example.
  • bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Did you get any response o.p? This exact same thing has happened to me today. I wanted a barkshield for my main GF. Farming for shards with him is like cutting the lawn with scissors so I used my now slightly amazing DC. Made the enchant but now it is stuck on my DC and has a value of zero to him :D