test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game improvement

silenteersilenteer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I would like to propose a change that might seem small at first glance, but I think it would add up quite a bit to the overall quality of the gameplay.

Whenever one moves items from one bag to another, or in between bags, mail or refining windows, they need to drag the items on item slots. The problem is when you accidentally hit the tiny space in between the slots. The game asks you if you want to discard the item. From my perspective, as a veteran player, the game should never give me the choice to destroy/discard an item when i drop it inside a container, but only when/if I drop it outside the container. Especially since you do not support recovering items that are accidentally lost due to this, well, I'll just call it "bug".

To make this more specific i'll give you an example: let's say I want to split a stack of 20 into 2 stacks of 10. I hold the Shift key pressed and drag the stack from where it is to another free item slot. A popup with a slider shows up asking how I want the stack split. The problem is when one does this a lot, because at some point they're gonna hit in between item slots in the bag/container. At that point, another popup shows up asking: are you sure you want to discard the item? But you're already expecting a popup, the one about how you want to split. If you press accept, because you want it split in half... poof, the stack is gone.

Every single player I have asked this question shared my opinion: one should only be able to discard items by dragging them outside of their containers (bags, email, refining window, etc), and NEVER by dragging them inside the container.

I hope this is not very hard to implement/program as it would add up quite a bit to the overall enjoy-ability of the gameplay.

Let me know your thoughts about this.
Post edited by silenteer on

Comments

• sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You are not wrong. But until/if they get around to it, the answer is to just develop more careful/precise habits. I say this because I don't think they will do anything about this... and by changing my own habits this has ceased to be an issue for me- and I am an idiot, so it will be infinitely easier for the rest of you.
  • pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are many easy things to implement / fix in the game. From past experience, the smaller things will take 2x as long for them to get around, but not a bad suggestion at all. d(o,.,o)b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would think they could put a hotspot in behind the individual slots on the bag. Then just have it auto fill to the next available space just like mail is.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • hammeredhellhammeredhell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've never personally had too many issues with this....but lemme tell yah....that "destroy enchantment" button next to "remove intact" scares the hell outta me (especially as some1 who floats a p.vorp between 5 toons) ... why the @!#!! do we need that?
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do not enjoy being the bummer. But that dude on the reddit chat.. I don't know whether to hate him for supporting the position or thank him for being honest..

He basically said that they are not doing diddley that does not have a positive impact on their return on investment. In response I have had to shut off all expectations. Whatever is broken will remain broken, and whatever would improve the game will never happen unless they can make income from it.

So just muddle through. Right click everything and choose your options carefully. This is annoying but not a big deal when you consider some of the really big deals that will remain broken because fixing them will not directly increase bottom line. Although some rather shortsighted folk can't see that leaving them broken certainly WILL impact that bottom line.

Whatever.. I really don't care anymore.. Just needed to flex the old fingers.

Makes me wonder how they think income will not come from continued interest from their players, but Ok, Mr. SLICK ROI.