test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PVP) So I did a Domination module 5 match on preview...

joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Library
I'm a 50K~ HP Wizard , With a P.Barkshield and good burst.

But dear lawd, module 5 is seriously looking like a nightmare for CW's PVP wise.

Especially against Trickster Rogue. The devs said that perma-stealth was going to be harder to do but it's EASIER now.

In that PVP match I was contesting the Sabo TR, sure, I cleared him. But at what cost?

1) Had to slot Steal-Time and Icy Terrain, which made me very vulnerable against anything else in the PVP match

2) I re-slot my usual PVP powers (No AOE's), the TR comes back, I can't land a single spell on him because whenever (which is rare) he pops out of stealth, I'm dazed. So I had to re-slot the AOE's and be vulnerable again.

3) Team mates had to intervene a few times.

Against HR? No chance, They out-heal the damage and bleed me to death. (I'm aware of Storm Fury, even Storm Fury can't overcome them sometimes.

Against GWF? Even "Nerfed" Intimidation can almost 1-rotation me with my 50K HP..

GF ? If he's occupied with someone else sure, but I have to sacrifice around 45K of my HP to finally kill the GF, getting behind a GF is very risky.

DC ? I spent 25 minutes trying to kill one on preview, finally succeeded after 25 minutes.

Warlock ? Tough one, if you don't CC him you die by Bargain, but I admit SW's have it worse than us.

Basically, the caster classes are back to free kills unless you're extremely skilled.

Videos VS Saboteur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXq32neQ5xc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OecC6XFJ2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3IZxxizhY&feature=youtu.be

Module 5 Domination PVP, yes, the struggle was so real I was forced to armorswap and swap powers everytime lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5RqzU_tHdI
Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
Post edited by joocycuzzzzzz on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so to recap
    you killer the tr
    you killed the gf
    you killed the dc
    you admit that sw is the worst
    and i can assure you that an hr can die to you afk just slotting storm fury

i lost you, what's the point of this?
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    so to recap
    you killer the tr
    you killed the gf
    you killed the dc
    you admit that sw is the worst
    and i can assure you that an hr can die to you afk just slotting storm fury

i lost you, what's the point of this?

I'm not some scrub CW, you will see the wave of QQ that will flood the forums in a couple days because the majority of CW's will be back to free kills again. Only a very small % of CW's will adapt for module 5.

So to recap:

It's not fair that a CW has to gimp himself for anything else because of the TR

Unless you have 45K+ HP and a BarkShield, a CW is toast. And now without Shard.

- Also I only killed the TR in 1v1 in IceWind dale (vids uploading) . It was a harder task in Domination in a 5v5 where I have to switch up powers every second. (Also uploading).
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
    edited November 2014
    PS: Domination vid is uploading, you'll see how much I struggle against the TR and had to be saved a couple times. And how many times I have to switch up powers.. lol

Maybe I just suck, you tell me. But the other 2 CW's in the other team didn't do any better. One of them didn't get a single kill and 20 deaths, at 19.5k~ GS.
    Beta player

• daflashaedaflashae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your damage is laughable, no clue what your build is, but it needs serious work.

Edit: Judging by your stats

you are using a pve ring and your necklace is pve....
    power is extremely low
    your Arp is laughable

To me, it just looks like your build is not fully built and is probably the reason why it is hard for you.

Finally,I am not here to criticize the issue with your build, but just giving you my thoughts on why you might feel like mod 5 is going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..
    34s4d44.png
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Just gonna bump this thread so hopefully a devs notices
    edited November 2014
    daflashae wrote: »
    Your damage is laughable, no clue what your build is, but it needs serious work.

power is extremely low
    your Arp is laughable

To me, it just looks like your build is not fully built and is probably the reason why it is hard for you.

Finally,I am not here to criticize the issue with your build, but just giving you my thoughts on why you might feel like mod 5 is going to be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..

1v1 me in a couple days in IWD. Guarantee you I'll 1-rotation you if you are a CW.

My damage was "Laughable" because they had lyon the dark in their team, keeping them alive. And a tanky GWF which CW does nothing against, I was melting the rogue like he was nothing when he was visible.

And My goal is HP since CW is squishy, obviously I'll use HP rings and necklace.

PS: The stats you saw were lowered because I was DEAD, you know how I know you never PVP? I obviously don't have ****ing 900 armorpen. And counting Red Glyphs it boosts it to 2100, and 2500 if I swap rings to lessen the HP and boost the armpen. Try again.

PS#2: The two CW's in the other team were ALSO PVP-built with an even higher GS than mine. One had 0 (Yes, ZERO) kills and 20 deaths, the other was triple negative with 5 kills. So stfu and go back to running dungeons
    Beta player

edited November 2014
    1v1 me in a couple days in IWD. Guarantee you I'll 1-rotation you if you are a CW.

My damage was "Laughable" because they had lyon the dark in their team, keeping them alive. And a tanky GWF which CW does nothing against, I was melting the rogue like he was nothing when he was visible.

And My goal is HP since CW is squishy, obviously I'll use HP rings and necklace.

Apparently, someone doesn't know how good healing DCs are next mod....
    edited November 2014
    Apparently, someone doesn't know how good healing DCs are next mod....

He's probably a PVE player with less than 30K HP.

He tells me my power is low. As if a PVP CW will stack 10K power, lmao.

Everyone in the match was more or less BiS level. Obviously I won't struggle like this in random pugs, but the average CW will.
    Beta player

• notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

power is extremely low
    your Arp is laughable

PVE is that way
    >

the amount of cringe i had in ur post is too dam high.

i can tell you barely even pvp lol.

OP has around 4K~ power, which is respectable for someone with 40K+ HP.

let me guess u have 22K HP. lol, dont post in pvp threads again.
  • whitemorailwhitemorail Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have the same feelings, even if I'm lessere geared then you and whit only 40 k hp (nothing compare to some 62 k GF seen in these days).
    WIth new mod 5 CW will become too fragile, expecially against TR.
    I think they could make it viable just empowering a bit Shield since they keep nerfing CW dps and CC.

And of course, GWF rotatetheswordoverheadkillingeveryone had to be fixed.
    So probably we'll have a lot of pve wiz in mod 5 :D
  • flyingspellflyingspell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Most of my 1v1's are fine except for TR and DC.

TR - Have a skill (I believe it's lashing blade??) that causes a 6000 HP bleed per tick. Other TR's I've gone against can crit me for 38kish HP and leave me with only 1/16 hit points left. Also some TR's I've fought come out of stealth, hit you with daggers that stun you, do their rotation and go back into stealth. Literally can not get a single cast in. Broken.

DC - I've tried numerous builds to try to kill two good DC's..... both of them get to about half health or a little less than half and they have a feat that causes them to regen to full hp. Neither my CW or GWF can kill the DC without a pure lucky crit that seems to take 2-5 minutes of non stop attacking. The only class that I've watched kill a good DC in IWP Mod 5 is the TR, DC regen can't keep up with the 5-6k damage per tick bleed.

~ Flying Spell
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You need to double your armpen. :P
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good day:

I guess as I read this thread:

1. PWE isn't dealing with permastealth which is a problem.

2. There's a mentality in the forum that pvp is only for those that are pure pvper's vs. those that do pve and pvp for the daily's.

Thank you.
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    You need to double your armpen. :P

I have 2.2K (2.8K with red glyphs) armpen, don't listen to the tard above in page 1

WfFBRk7.png

So I make that 4.4K armpen? Seems totally legit.
    Beta player

edited November 2014
    "And counting Red Glyphs it boosts it to 2100"
    I don't really know your stats anymore.
    34s4d44.png
  • cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    erk, not even gonna try doing pvp for the next few weeks. :(

and thats me as a pve build and playing pvp for fun and giggles. im not gonna hv any giggles like that lol
    edited November 2014
    "And counting Red Glyphs it boosts it to 2100"
    I don't really know your stats anymore.

L2read.

I clearly says it depends on what I'm wearing. I have 3 sets of different rings. Armpen varies between 2100-2800.

PVE
    >
    Beta player

• lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Especially against Trickster Rogue. The devs said that perma-stealth was going to be harder to do but it's EASIER now.

Even the TRs are saying so in the dedicated TR preview topic. They complain about being able to OS pretty much anything, including the whole red team, while being perma-stealthed and having perma-daze available if needed, and the defensive part being covered as well with the deflection buffs and the Broken courage or whatver debuff. Yep, they're actually complaining about being too OP.
    On another note, they're also complaining about being very sub-par in PvE.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Rogues will be way too OP until they fix/nerf a few things. My TR can do over 400k dmg in 12seconds all from stealth and all piercing dmg and my rogue does not even have any BiS gear. I wished they toned it down a bit before it went live. Since as we all know, once the QQ comes in, the giant nerf hammer will fall. Also I can indefinitely be in stealth. Right now i have about a 3 second window, which should be gone once I get enough recovery.

I stop using my CW for pvp since as you have already witness, there is no hope for CW after all the QQ nerf.
    edited November 2014
    I dare you to 1v1 me lol
    34s4d44.png
    edited November 2014
    I dare you to 1v1 me lol

How about you post this on the custom channel pmvspm?

I'm sure you'll get good PVP players to take you up on that
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How can we talk about PvP, when, as a DPS, you are dancing with TR on a far away spot, dressed in the pink shield, instead of fighting?
    edited November 2014
    I dare you to 1v1 me lol

What's your in-game username? i will toy with you lol, and possibly record it.

dont ditch, post it here.

How about you post this on the custom channel pmvspm?

I'm sure you'll get good PVP players to take you up on that

that child doesnt even pvp at all lol.

ignore him, its the typical pve player that wants to be accepted in the pvp realm.
    edited November 2014
    What's your in-game username? i will toy with you lol, and possibly record it.

dont ditch, post it here.

that child doesnt even pvp at all lol.

ignore him, its the typical pve player that wants to be accepted in the pvp realm.
    Post yours, I will add you myself.

Oh and by the way, believe it or not, as of today 11/19 I am currently page 2 of leaderboard.
    34s4d44.png
    edited November 2014
    Post yours, I will add you myself.

Oh and by the way, believe it or not, as of today 11/19 I am currently page 2 of leaderboard.

I asked you first, you give it.

lol'd at page 2, the leaderboard just started, grats?

PM me your handle unless you're scared that I will ridicule you :)

Here's my guess: You're one of these wanna-be Trickster Rogues currently abusing Shadow of Demise :] wait until that's fixed and you'll be 1-rotationned as usual.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    greetings adventurers!

before we talk about the other changes, let’s talk about the big one. Perma-stealth is going to get much harder to play. We don’t really like the gameplay of “invisible attacker dealing steady damage” because the cases for counterplay are limited and require more skill to fight against than we feel is appropriate. Therefore we made two major changes to stealth.
    [/list]
    lol lol lol
    edited November 2014
    LOL, then you are not worth my time. Come on, if you want to 1v1 so bad, you should just fulfill my request. Until I play you, your just another scrub that I freeze away. I think you have more to lose.

Also, I am against TR this mod. Maybe my avatar will give you a hint what class I use.

Edit: PM on the fourm is not working for me.
    34s4d44.png
    edited November 2014
    LOL, then you are not worth my time. Come on, if you want to 1v1 so bad, you should just fulfill my request. Until I play you, your just another scrub that I freeze away. I think you have more to lose.

Also, I am against TR this mod. Maybe my avatar will give you a hint what class I use.

Edit: PM on the fourm is not working for me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you are a CW.

YOU are not worth my time. I thought you were a TR, oh man this is hilarious.

Get the **** out puny CW. I'll crit your *** with a 50K+ Anvil of Doom while I fall asleep on my shield while you try to "Freeze" me, ****ing lol.
    edited November 2014
    tarftgm wrote: »
    bro ive seen u in-game yesterday lol

u suck ballz

- the gwf that "intimidated" you, huehueuheuh

Smart aleck, I wasnt even playing pvp on this account yesterday.
    34s4d44.png
    edited November 2014
    Come on why back away now. I honestly could care less, why not stop being a coward and just post your account name?
    34s4d44.png