test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 60 Wall

jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I've hit a wall now, where the game isn't quite as fun since I have no new powers to unlock and I don't want to just grind out scenarios working towards boons or ADs, or redoing quests to earn access to campaign/boon perks. I haven't played in days, my interest had peaked and started dropping. Even leveling after 60 has increased it's length, though it did seem like the <60 levels came awfully quick.

So D/D, how about bumping levels up to 80 or so and adding more powers? I know that won't happen, but it's what's needed to keep people around after hitting 60, well, the ones who aren't aggressively-crazy PvPers anyway. And those PvErs who don't mind grinding over and over, or are in guilds maybe.

Looking forward to DA Inquisition now…and back to playing my console more.
Jerrocko,
Leader of the Packs
Post edited by jerrocko on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not the level cap of 60 that's the reason people are bored. It's just that the content since they started releasing modules hasn't been designed to keep players well.

Maybe an increase cap could be interesting *shrug*. When I've been making a new character though I've just wanted to reach to level 60 asap since the levelling gets old fast. Though you're then hit with the campaigns...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jerrocko wrote: »
    I've hit a wall now, where the game isn't quite as fun since I have no new powers to unlock and I don't want to just grind out scenarios working towards boons or ADs, or redoing quests to earn access to campaign/boon perks. I haven't played in days, my interest had peaked and started dropping. Even leveling after 60 has increased it's length, though it did seem like the <60 levels came awfully quick.

So D/D, how about bumping levels up to 80 or so and adding more powers? I know that won't happen, but it's what's needed to keep people around after hitting 60, well, the ones who aren't aggressively-crazy PvPers anyway. And those PvErs who don't mind grinding over and over, or are in guilds maybe.

Except you have to figure in how levels work comparatively to 4e rules. Level 60 in NW is the equivalent of level 20 in PnP. That's the top end of Paragon tier. Any higher and you're going into Epic Destiny.

It was said in the Reddit AMA that a change in the level cap may be in the works but certainly not any time soon.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    It's not the level cap of 60 that's the reason people are bored. It's just that the content since they started releasing modules hasn't been designed to keep players well.

Maybe an increase cap could be interesting *shrug*. When I've been making a new character though I've just wanted to reach to level 60 asap since the levelling gets old fast. Though you're then hit with the campaigns...

The grinding is too much in sharandar. I only have one lvl 60 with complete booms for iwd, as it isnt fun grinding that much.

Grinding for iwd shouldnt be that hard. Alittle less would entice more ppl to do them
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You have to get out of the mindset of there being an "end" when playing an MMO vs a stand-alone game. No matter how far you progress, the Neverwinter guards will still be fighting back the Many Arrows Orcs in the Tower District and the Thayan army will be forever digging in the Dread Ring.

While I would like to see more variety in the daily quests we are given, there is going to be repetition in order to provide endless content.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    darkeye85darkeye85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Not reading that text, the blue makes my eyes hurt!
  • Options
    sykotiksykotik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i wouldnt mind seeing a cap raise either. but i also want to see the classic dual and multi-class ability
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    If you aren't fond of doing dailies, then there is a problem indeed.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So D/D, how about bumping levels up to 80 or so and adding more powers?

So what happens after they add another 20 more levels and more skills and you still can't be arsed to get boons and finish campaigns? add another 20 levels and more skills? sounds to me like mmo's are probably not your thing .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the problem is that we can safely ignore the goings-on in certain zones or certain campaigns once we've completed them. This shouldn't be possible. For instance, the Many-Arrows orcs might be working on cutting off Blacklake or the Chasm from the rest of the city. The "completed" areas should be turned into consistent threats that have larger implications -- implications that *require* players to intervene. I don't mean in the form of static dailies but in problems that arise: you go to the town crier and find out what's threatening the Realms. These threats are having *real* negative consequences on the playerbase as a whole, and so you can choose which threats to go after. You should be able to go after as many threats as you want in a day, due to the fact that to defeat any one threat will require the community degrade it on multiple fronts in a sustained manner. There could be an unknown expiration time for the threat, but ultimately the destruction of the threat comes down to the players, who will have a vested interest in eliminating it.

Every single zone has one or more potential adversaries, all of whom will be interested in expanding their power. While we're collectively dealing with the orc threat, the goblins are plotting something on their own, etc. etc. Maybe the drow are stirring up both groups, and we won't find that out until we reach a certain point in degrading both threats (like gathering enough intelligence).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jerrocko - that's not how this game works :D

You just STARTED playing the game, man. leveling is like a tutorial. The game starts at 60!

If you want to discuss about CW, find me on live.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I haven't played in days, my interest had peaked and started dropping.

That's what f2p model is all about. Games with a monthly fee are different, they want to keep their players.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well, no worries bro, if you are checking in msg me and i'll help you out.