test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter: Dragonborn Legend Pack on sale?

rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok im confused i payed $74.99 for the dragonborn pack while it said it was on sale for 25% off. Origonal price was $99.00. When did $74.99 become the regular price?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    price never went up to 99$. probably because it was not worth it and they knew it
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    At the end of the ' sale ' the 'sale' price became the 'regular' price xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So i basically bought something on sale for full price. That is really awesome!
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They never sold it for $99.00. Anyone who pre-ordered the pack actually payed the full price of $74.99.

This is how they treat their customers.

I was blind and trusted what they told us back then. They won't see any more money from me. I do not like to be fooled.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rheepark wrote: »
    So i basically bought something on sale for full price. That is really awesome!

Indeed it is. Hoping mailing them at the time could get me -25% refund or zen for that amount... apparently not. So next time something is on a limited time sale, don't bother. You're better off seeing it in the zen store where you can transfer AD.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They never sold it for $99.00. Anyone who pre-ordered the pack actually payed the full price of $74.99.

This is how they treat their customers.

I was blind and trusted what they told us back then. They won't see any more money from me. I do not like to be fooled.

I don't think you fully understand what happened. Let me explain, as I saw the events unravel on these forums.

When this pack was first released at the "sale" price, a LOT of people here complained about the "regular" price of $99. And a good number also complained about the sale price. there were LOTS of comments about how this pack was not worth that much, with several people analyzing the value of the contents of the pack across a few different forum threads.

The people at Cryptic saw the dissatisfaction and decided to keep the sale price as the regular price. There was no intent to mislead anyone - they simply responded to feedback on the forums and kept the price lower.

The problem is that this was not formally communicated. it would have been nice to see an apology at least, or some description like I outlined above.

In other words, there was no attempt to mislead you - just no formal communication about the change.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Indeed it is. Hoping mailing them at the time could get me -25% refund or zen for that amount... apparently not. So next time something is on a limited time sale, don't bother. You're better off seeing it in the zen store where you can transfer AD.

Funny you should mention that--as the ZEN store price has been commensurately adjusted as well.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My mileage varied from the above statements. In an attempt to keep things civil and unredacted, I will merely say the Dragonborn Pack marks the last time I spent, or will spend, real money on any of Cryptic's games.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Funny you should mention that--as the ZEN store price has been commensurately adjusted as well.

Which is why it would have been better since:
    1) Bonus zen on zen bought if you chose to
    2) Partially or fully buy with AD
    3) Zen coupon discounts apply, from drops or from a previous coupon event

Only reason I decided to do so was because I wouldn't supposedly get the same rate after.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I don't think you fully understand what happened. Let me explain, as I saw the events unravel on these forums....

The only thing that matters is that they promised a rebate which never existed. I know what I call a behavior like that.

Anyway, they lost my trust. I know how I feel about a behavior like that. They could have offered all loyal pre-ordering customers a rebate on the new official price. That would have been a great move that would have been greatly appreciated.

But they did not do that. They decided to totally ignore that matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In other words, there was no attempt to mislead you - just no formal communication about the change.

They did however decide not to notify or update us on this and continued to advertise that it was 25% off right until the last minute which is kind of shady.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    As I said, they did not communicate the change, which is definitely not good. As stated, they could have offered a rebate or something to those who pre-ordered. That is where the problem lies.

On the flip side, at least they listened to and responded to the complaints. :) There is some good in that (since many people seem to think the devs never listen to suggestions/complaints here).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Word to the wise. Never pay full price.

I've been looking at the Scourge Booster Pack for a few weeks now...and just got it purely from transferring AD in game...on sale!
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I feel like i got bamboozled into buying something on sale but not on sale. According to the last post in this thread the sale never ended and is forever on sale. Interestingly you can have a sale on a sale! Am i wrong for feeling like i want $25.00 dollars back or the equivilent in zen? http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?737101-Dragon-Born-Legend-wasn-t-actually-on-Sale&p=8778691&viewfull=1#post8778691
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't think you fully understand what happened. Let me explain, as I saw the events unravel on these forums.

When this pack was first released at the "sale" price, a LOT of people here complained about the "regular" price of $99. And a good number also complained about the sale price. there were LOTS of comments about how this pack was not worth that much, with several people analyzing the value of the contents of the pack across a few different forum threads.

The people at Cryptic saw the dissatisfaction and decided to keep the sale price as the regular price. There was no intent to mislead anyone - they simply responded to feedback on the forums and kept the price lower.

The problem is that this was not formally communicated. it would have been nice to see an apology at least, or some description like I outlined above.

As I said, they did not communicate the change, which is definitely not good. As stated, they could have offered a rebate or something to those who pre-ordered. That is where the problem lies.

On the flip side, at least they listened to and responded to the complaints. :) There is some good in that (since many people seem to think the devs never listen to suggestions/complaints here).
    Your just offering baseless conjecture their is no facts proving that they did not do it intentionally. Your just assuming they changed it after the feedback, you have no way of knowing whether it was their intent or not. Your just guessing base on information you read posted by other people, and assuming they made the change because of that. There is no proof that back up your claims your just being optimistic because you don't want to believe you got ripped off.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Your just offering baseless conjecture their is no facts proving that they did not do it intentionally. Your just assuming they changed it after the feedback, you have no way of knowing whether it was their intent or not. Your just guessing base on information you read posted by other people, and assuming they made the change because of that. There is no proof that back up your claims your just being optimistic because you don't want to believe you got ripped off.

I have never purchased this pack, so it has nothing to do with me failing to believe anything. It is not "baseless" conjecture. It is a logical conclusion based on a multitude of game changes I have seen made based on forum discussions.

I am just trying to present another perspective. This comes from 20 years in management - not bragging or saying I know everything, but I do know that misconceptions are frequent when poor communication is involved. And I could even be wrong myself, but I believe I am on the correct path with my assessment.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »

You realize you're doing the same thing, right? You have nothing to suggest that they DIDN'T keep the price reduced because of the feedback from their customers.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well you can see it as they listened to the players concerns and delivered closer to what we wanted. Or you can see it as they promised a reward for early buyers and they paid the price for doing so all because pwe couldn't price it appropriately. You shouldn't really punish those that are more supportive because of your own mistakes.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Let's just say the Dragonborn legend pack is the only pack that worth its price. Even at full price. The more toons you have the better the pack gets.

Anyway, pack is priceless everyone should buy it as soon as they create an account.
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • Options
    oxdarksoulxooxdarksoulxo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i dont understand all of the people feeling entitled to a rebate.... that literally makes no sense to me. like did they buy it just because it went on sale, or because they felt the lower price was more reasonable? because if the price is still unreasonable then i wont buy it sale or not.... if you buy anything else in real life and then theres a big sale the next day and its 75% off when you bought it at full price the day before im pretty sure you dont get a rebate.... bottom line is dont pay for it unless you feel its worth what youre paying and if you paid for it then it must be assumed that you felt what they were asking was worth the price. regardless of anything else.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bernatk wrote: »
    Anyway, pack is priceless everyone should buy it as soon as they create an account.

Pros: bunch of neat account-wide unlocks
    Cons: anything with "Dragonborn" in it looks painfully stupid, no mount
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Many points to agree and disagree on. Like what myowmyow was saying. I never knew that they officially kept to keep the sale price as the ''original price,'' so it would have been nice if they made an official announcement either on the forum, launcher, or news page, or all of the above. And a small rebate would have been a nice gesture on their part, to all those who pre-paid thinking it was a discount purchase. Just for example, something account-wide like one of the dragon mounts, seeing how the mount did not come with the bundle, which I had originally thought it would when I first heard of the bundle. Just my lame two cents. x|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You realize you're doing the same thing, right? You have nothing to suggest that they DIDN'T keep the price reduced because of the feedback from their customers.

I never suggested anything...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i dont understand all of the people feeling entitled to a rebate.... that literally makes no sense to me. like did they buy it just because it went on sale, or because they felt the lower price was more reasonable? because if the price is still unreasonable then i wont buy it sale or not.... if you buy anything else in real life and then theres a big sale the next day and its 75% off when you bought it at full price the day before im pretty sure you dont get a rebate.... bottom line is dont pay for it unless you feel its worth what youre paying and if you paid for it then it must be assumed that you felt what they were asking was worth the price. regardless of anything else.

The problem is the advertised retail price of $99.00 never became available. It was introduced on sale at $75.00 or 25% off. The sale never ended and became the full retail price. Now its 25% off of $75.00 or $56.00. So here were under the assumption that the pack is going to cost $99.00 thus taking advantage of the preorder sale would be a good idea.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Word to the wise, just wait till the stuff goes to the zen store to buy it.