test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Client Is Allergic To Gamepad.

famoriifamorii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I have Pinnacle Profiler, and I've used it with NWO a few months ago, but I don't remember how I got it working. I believe I had to write a line of enabling script into a .txt file or something. As it is, once I go into the game or the launcher my gamepad completely stops working. Does anyone know how to make this game recognize my controller?
Post edited by famorii on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apparently something called XPadder works with neverwinter, no idea about this stuff beyond that though xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • famoriifamorii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Xpadder is basically Pinnacle. Others have found the same problem with that 3rd party program as well :( The client simply doesn't recognize gamepads, regardless of their emulator. I've read a bunch of posts where other people are using their controllers with the game, though. Here's hoping someone knows why it doesn't work for some people.
    edited November 2014
    Update: Oddly enough, even with Pinnacle running, I can use a few very rudimentary actions in the character selection screen with my gamepad, though it isn't using my controller profile. Seems NWO forces it's own limited controller scheme regardless of third party programs.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No idea if this will help you but it seems to be about all there is and the official FAQ links this post , good luck - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?51581-gt-Microsoft-XBOX-Controller-for-Windows-Configuation-lt
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • spookymistspookymist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I use xpadder with a windows xbox 360 controller. Through Steam it worked fine, but initially it had problems when I launched the game through ARC.

The way I got it to work with ARC was to make sure that xpadder is run 'as administrator'.

Hope that helps :)
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I use it through the base launcher. No arc, and no steam, and it works fine. If you use arc or steam try it without. Go into your program files, perfect world entertainment, Neverwinter folder and use that launcher directly.

Edit: and I've used both, pinnacle and xpadder. I find pinnacle can do more advanced things, but xpadder is simpler to just use and go.
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for all the help, everyone :)

@Ysil: Good advice ^^ I've used Xpadder as well, but Pinnacle has always struck me as more efficient and effective. Very easy to utilize, even for complex commands. Had to buy it after playing a couple MMOs with it hehe.

@Spooky: Thanks for clearing this up for me <3 I didn't even think to run Pinnacle as administrator as it works fine for everything but NWO! WHEEE :D