test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Lifedrinker worth it on PvE Tactician GF?

cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

as the title says, Is Lifedrinker worth it on PvE Tactician GF? :D

I'm currently looking for a new weapon enchantment and considering Lifedrinker atm.

My stats in pve are as follows:

Power = 2500
ArPen = 400
Lifesteal = 0
Regen = 1550

Does Lifedrinker proc from any other powers aside from Encounters? Does dailies also proc them?

If so, does it proc from Supremacy of Steel?
What about DoT encounters like Knee Breaker and Class Feature: Guarded Assault?

Thank you. :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    your stats are irrelevant. It deals 8.8% weapon damage, which for a GF is basically nothing.

It's not really worth it for any class, but for GF it provides the least benefit of all.
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    LifeDrinker is a bad enchantment period

:)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's not really worth it for any class, but for GF it provides the least benefit of all.

Because we have the lowest damage per weapon. We're "supposed" to be a GUARDIAN fighter. If we had some weapons that gave more than 671 (three of our top-end weapons max out at this), then perhaps Lifedrinker would be good. I don't think I've ever seen anyone using this enchant, at least not more than once.

As a Tactician, if it were my character, I'd use a Plaguefire (Greater if you can "afford" it) or maybe a Lightning (if you want to keep your threat up to draw aggro).
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    your stats are irrelevant. It deals 8.8% weapon damage, which for a GF is basically nothing.

QFT. Lifedrinker is really <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

The only weapon enhancements useful for a GF are Plague Fire, Terror and Bronzewood. I'd say PF is the best one, but Bronzewood is a cheap and effective way to increase your damage.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thanks guys for the input. :cool:

I do hv Greater Bronzewood. Just looking for other weapon enchantment to help me survive longer and easier in a big fight. ;)
    thought Lifedrinker would be a smart choice but the % from the enchantment and the dmg I currently have made me doubtful.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Vorpal is great for pvp.....

But yeah other good choices are plague, terror and bronze :)
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    romon22romon22 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It depends on what style you are playing.

Im using a perfect lifedrinker atm and its great for me. Maybe the damage is not
    as great as on a GWF but its still working good. I combine this with a incoming healing
    bonus as high as i can get (24% atm). With this combo i became a lot tankier in higher
    level dungeons.

Its best used in dungeon with high density mobs like CN or VT. With ET or FS you heal quite
    a bit extra per enemy hit. This also works good with cleave ofc.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Vorpal is great for pvp.....

But yeah other good choices are plague, terror and bronze :)

ty. but i dont do a lot of pvp. and my current crit is is beyond deplorable for vorpal to be useful. i think my crit chance is at 8% or less. :(

romon22 wrote: »
    It depends on what style you are playing.

Im using a perfect lifedrinker atm and its great for me. Maybe the damage is not
    as great as on a GWF but its still working good. I combine this with a incoming healing
    bonus as high as i can get (24% atm). With this combo i became a lot tankier in higher
    level dungeons.

Its best used in dungeon with high density mobs like CN or VT. With ET or FS you heal quite
    a bit extra per enemy hit. This also works good with cleave ofc.

ah I see, my usual setup for dungeon runs are: Lunge Strike, Into The Fray and KV. As a full buff GF with t1 set.
    I rarely swapped my encounters during dungeon runs unless I need to like in eLoL (dem scorpions hit hard).

Incoming Healing Bonus is also affected by Lifesteal stats? I did not know that... :(
    so does it also affect Lifesteal from Fighters Recovery and Regeneration?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    From : http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/

Incoming Healing % applies to regeneration, lifesteal and player healing players that are not 'fixed' (based on % HP). It does not affect potions and consumables. The most powerful incoming healing bonus is by having a DC in the party. Astral Shield applies +30% to all incoming healing in its AoE, and DC class mechanic 'Righteousness' stacks multiplicatively to incoming healing % and will boost all incoming healing to nearby party members by +70% (+100% if in Hallowed Ground). This means your own lifesteal and regen gains are almost doubled when you have a DC in the party, even if they don't heal at all with their encounters.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... I should probably get my Devoted Sigil to Epic. Sadly, thats the only Incoming Healing Bonus artifact that I have atm.
  • Options
    romon22romon22 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    With the changes in M4 i noticed a big difference on GF, my problem was that it can be hard to keep my HP pool full.
    I used the Purified BI set and had 53K hp, even with almost 2K regen that does not fill fast. After that i build my GF
    around my sustain with the idea that i should be able to heal myself in almost any case.
    For that case i build several healings for myself. First is regen which is great for GF with big hp pool. Lifesteal is not as
    good cause of our low damage but still working well in groups of enemies. Also ls works with Guarded Assault and with the
    Endless Consumption boon from Dread Ring. The Pig is also a great companion because it scales on HP and the active bonus
    works better each level you upgrade him.

My 24% incoming healing comes from a quite a few sources:
    1) Dragonborn race: 5%.
    2) IWD boon: the 250 points incoming healing translates to 3% extra.
    3) With the Siege Event i got lucky: Battlefield Medic 6% extra.
    4) Final boon in ToD campaign: 10% incoming healing.
    All these sources stack cause they are independent. As far as i know you can get to almost 40% with the following sources:
    1) Artifacts like the Devoted Sigil, but be wary of diminishing returns on those stats.
    2) The Accolyte of Kelemvor, 3% at blue level. Can be upgraded to 5% at epic level.
    3) The new boons coming with M5, these upgrade the 10% from ToD to 15% at boon level 7.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    romon22 wrote: »
    With the changes in M4 i noticed a big difference on GF, my problem was that it can be hard to keep my HP pool full.
    I used the Purified BI set and had 53K hp, even with almost 2K regen that does not fill fast. After that i build my GF
    around my sustain with the idea that i should be able to heal myself in almost any case.
    For that case i build several healings for myself. First is regen which is great for GF with big hp pool. Lifesteal is not as
    good cause of our low damage but still working well in groups of enemies. Also ls works with Guarded Assault and with the
    Endless Consumption boon from Dread Ring. The Pig is also a great companion because it scales on HP and the active bonus
    works better each level you upgrade him.

My 24% incoming healing comes from a quite a few sources:
    1) Dragonborn race: 5%.
    2) IWD boon: the 250 points incoming healing translates to 3% extra.
    3) With the Siege Event i got lucky: Battlefield Medic 6% extra.
    4) Final boon in ToD campaign: 10% incoming healing.
    All these sources stack cause they are independent. As far as i know you can get to almost 40% with the following sources:
    1) Artifacts like the Devoted Sigil, but be wary of diminishing returns on those stats.
    2) The Accolyte of Kelemvor, 3% at blue level. Can be upgraded to 5% at epic level.
    3) The new boons coming with M5, these upgrade the 10% from ToD to 15% at boon level 7.

ah. thanks for the detailed explaination. my defense is waayyy to over the dimishing returns (i hit 6.9k defense before i even realized it).

now, im trying to cut them down and maximizing other stats. Guess making epic from sigil might be a bad idea lol since it has defense stats.
    might swapped that artifact for Vanguard's Banner for HP and moar powaaaarrrrr. (since my power is quite low)

However, I will take the rank 5 Boon when I'm able to. Too lazy to work on them after i got the 3rd boon... well, thanks bruh. this helps me a lot. :cool:
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    From : http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/382-kaelac%E2%80%99s-guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-neverwinter/

Incoming Healing % applies to regeneration, lifesteal and player healing players that are not 'fixed' (based on % HP). It does not affect potions and consumables. The most powerful incoming healing bonus is by having a DC in the party. Astral Shield applies +30% to all incoming healing in its AoE, and DC class mechanic 'Righteousness' stacks multiplicatively to incoming healing % and will boost all incoming healing to nearby party members by +70% (+100% if in Hallowed Ground). This means your own lifesteal and regen gains are almost doubled when you have a DC in the party, even if they don't heal at all with their encounters.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... I should probably get my Devoted Sigil to Epic. Sadly, thats the only Incoming Healing Bonus artifact that I have atm.

Icomming healing bonus is a thing really. Have my on Dragonborn artifact as +450 plus racial plus 250 from IWD campain. Add to it 10% on all healing from TOD campain. As described above the stack well.
    On HR that is depending on healing all of the above makes a really sweet bonus to heal
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Icomming healing bonus is a thing really. Have my on Dragonborn artifact as +450 plus racial plus 250 from IWD campain. Add to it 10% on all healing from TOD campain. As described above the stack well.
    On HR that is depending on healing all of the above makes a really sweet bonus to heal

yeah. had i known Incoming Healing Bonus is a nice stat to hv, I would hv taken the IWD's 250 Boon. :(
    Is it allright to leave it at 10% Incoming Bonus Heal (from the ToD Campaign) so that I can work on other stats. Since, my overall stats are really bad...
  • Options
    xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm for some reason I use a Holy Avenger enchant for my GF...I liked the idea of providing extra damage reduction for myself and the party as a GF (originally had it on my DC). People have told me the ICD on it's effect is too long to make it that useful though... :(
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xd108x wrote: »
    People have told me the ICD on it's effect is too long to make it that useful though... :(

Quick check via the AH says 10 sec duration to 60 sec CD.
    AKA <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Useless.
  • Options
    chuckfindleychuckfindley Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm GF (conqueror) and I use lifedrinker... it is effective when you have over 5k power ... for me the potions are junk as I have 50k life so this helps me a lot... no one wants us GF whether you have plagufire or etc.. as you will never be CW or GWF .. so use what works the best for you.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm GF (conqueror) and I use lifedrinker... it is effective when you have over 5k power ... for me the potions are junk as I have 50k life so this helps me a lot... no one wants us GF whether you have plagufire or etc.. as you will never be CW or GWF .. so use what works the best for you.

You are completely wrong. A GF can increase party DPS by 30% which is way more than any CW or GWF in the party.

Regarding enhancements, as I wrote before Lifedrinker is useless for all classes, specially GF. If you are in need of healing use Fighter's Recovery which would get your health back to full after one rotation.