test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DELETE key deletes item from Inventory while Mail is open.

eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just bought some things in auction house, and I use Delete, Enter, Enter to get rid of mail after I've pulled the item. Easy system. Usually doesn't fail. Not today.

I had my inventory open at the same time (as I sometimes do when getting items out of the mailbox). However, when I hit Delete, Enter, Enter to start deleting the now-empty mail messages, I saw a brief flash of the first item in my inventory in the text box warning me of something. But enter-enter deleted it.

That item was my blue-ranked Eye of Lathander. I am LIVID. I know I won't get the item back, but THIS MUST BE FIXED.

The Delete key SHOULD DO NOTHING IN INVENTORY. NOTHING!!!
Post edited by eiagra on

Comments

• tarmelfintarmelfin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited November 2014
    same thing happend to me too. I was delete my C.Bi armor...
    actually a simply check box solves all this kinda problems. we can choose which one is delete really fast with check boxes.
  • eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Checkboxes in mail would be handy, yes. But really, why the heck does the Delete key have any functionality in inventory? That's a phenomenal design flaw and a potential customer service nightmare.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Awww dude, I don't even know you but still I am g-u-t-t-e-d to hear that this has happened to you. :( I will absolutely remember this day and try to avoid that mistake for the rest of my days. They can check the logs, they would see that you had the item. They could sort it out for you....

Wish you the best of luck on this-

TF it wasn't legendary.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah. I'm shrugging this one and moving on, I really don't want to stack on yet one more issue onto the CSRs that isn't technically high priority/critical to account. My sister's gonna help me grind Dread Ring for it once my time isn't being eaten by other projects. :| But yes, the more people that learn from my mistake here the better. And if it actually gets fixed some day, that'd be awesome too.

I still need to check to see if delete has functionality in inventory outside of the mailbox, but I'm going to bed. If someone else sees this, tests, and wants to put their result in this thread, then all power to you. :) Kind of wondering what other UI features the delete key is erroneously activating on (guild bank? personal bank?)
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A quick test, on Preview, shows if you press delete key while in inventory, it activates the "are you sure you want to delete X". In guild bank, without inventory open, it does nothing (I didn't try with inventory open, but...), and in regular bank, the delete key will attempt to delete the first item in your inventory (inventory open, not tested with it closed). It looks like having inventory open is dangerous and could result in accidental loss. Granted, most are not going to normally attempt use it while accessing banks, but it is opened often when accessing mail. It really does need fixed.
    edited November 2014
    I went into Live to try and trigger it, and for some reason cannot do so now. Which is probably why my brain was wired to think having Inventory open while Mail was open was acceptable. What's happening now is that the delete key has NO functionality at all, even inside Mail, regardless of whether Inventory is open. But not 100% of the time.

I dislike this. I wish I had more data, I even tried reproducing the initial actions (buying from auction house, pulling items, deleting mail) and the key wouldn't trigger for mail or inventory. Kind of makes this a really hard bug to track down and squash if it's only showing up when the moons align or Sune sneezes or something random like that. :P