test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is this game so Alt-Unfriendly ?

joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
You can't even have fun making new accounts/ testing new stuff anymore with the endless power creep/boons.

Make it like this : If someone unlocked all the boons with his main account, then it becomes account-wide and all the created alts will have Boons unlocked at level 60.

Discuss.
Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
Post edited by joocycuzzzzzz on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    What are you talking about? You can buy the boons for 5000zen each zone
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What are you talking about? You can buy the boons for 5000zen each zone

Hell yeah, let's pay 50$ each time we make a new account. And an additional 50$ for the other zone.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hell yeah, let's pay 50$ each time we make a new account. And an additional 50$ for the other zone.

The campaign packs are cheap. Considered the massive amount of time it takes to finish said campaigns they should be priced at ~ $500+. $50 for... not having to do 30+ days of work, seems a great deal. I'd charge more, though.

---

Also as an answer to your opening post/rant:

No dedication/effort = no results. (that's how life in general functions)

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You can't even have fun making new accounts/ testing new stuff anymore with the endless power creep/boons.

Make it like this : If someone unlocked all the boons with his main account, then it becomes account-wide and all the created alts will have Boons unlocked at level 60.

Discuss.

Just copy to the test server - last I checked, it was free to respec there, so you can test to your heart's content. Making alts shouldn't be for testing - make an alt because you like/want the character and enjoy playing them. Things like account-wide unlocks, (artifacts, mounts, class packs, etc), already help you get that character to a better place. The XP tomes you can get from post-60 advancement also aid in that. I also realize that many people are completionists, but you truly don't have to do everything for every character; Focus on the one or the few you enjoy at any given time, instead.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    make an alt because you like/want the character and enjoy playing them.

Which is why I keep making alts.

I enjoy playing them, and give different themes to them.
    Beta player

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think the game was alt friendly until mod 4 started. Its not like he cant still be like that but drop rates need to oncrease and new modules need to start after 5 months or more one from each other while having actual content instead of daily madness.
    Tl dr less modules more content more drops
  • tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Gullible? You mean you haven't said this?

Man... I exposed your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, live with it. Post with as many accounts as you like, it doesn't change the facts.

Dude... you're seriously so ****ing unaware/******edly gullible LOLOL.

Just stop. Oh man, I can't.

"Exposed"... LOL
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So four pages of slapfight. Ye ok. The original question wasn't a bad one.

The dread ring and sharandar completion packs were greeted with a lot amusement by most people I know. Pay to not have to play the game. Put the squeeze on people who couldn't stomach it anymore. An alt of mine is due to third boon in sharandar later on. So I guess I'm still getting classes to a point where should they become op to a dumb extent I can gear them up decently to wreck face. Its real painful though.

The main pain though going forward is going to be the artifact stuff. Orange weapon, orange belt and soon orange offhand and neck and of course 3 regular oranges. And the tyranny campaign. At least the books got cheaper because I'm not doing the last 2 ever again.

Add that stuff to the campaign stuff and its kind of an ugly situation.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PVPing all day in either IWD/Domination.

And running dungeons if they come up with harder/more interesting dungeons.

Can't believe you even asked that question.
    If you are in for PvP this might be the wrong game for you, in case you have not noticed after 1.5 years there are a total of 3 dedicated PvP maps, if you call running in circles in GG "PvP".
    Then there are 2 dead areas with most likely broken BiD and some new players at half your GS that are there for a daily ... well, if you like that "challenge" ...

So, you spend gazillions of AD on refinement to outlevel everything and then complain that the whole game is a grind and playing the game as such (running dungeons) is too easy. Congratulations from me, you beat the game. A "have a cookie" would be appropriate now, right?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So You are complaining that; You've got 1000x alts that neither have BiS gears nor Max Boons?
    Why don't you lessen Your alt standards and enjoy the game little by little, If you want to "EXPERIMENT" you can always level up an alt and copy it to preview and ask people there to give you R10s or Perfect X (enchantments) and if you found what you've been looking for then settle for it. But but I'm so cool and mature that I cannot contain this boiling water of brilliance in my head that I really need to voice out my displeasure cause this game really needs ME and my precious WITS!!
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Discuss.
    There is no point in playing a new character if you get served everything on a platter.
    Would you like a AoW set to go with your new GWF as well? Might I offer you a Grim set for PvP while we are at it? It's just a boring grind, you PvP and until then you have no good gear.
    One should get a new set for every character created after the first one. It's just a totally boring grind!
  • circle33circle33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you are in for PvP this might be the wrong game for you, in case you have not noticed after 1.5 years there are a total of 3 dedicated PvP maps, if you call running in circles in GG "PvP".
    Then there are 2 dead areas with most likely broken BiD and some new players at half your GS that are there for a daily ... well, if you like that "challenge" ...

So, you spend gazillions of AD on refinement to outlevel everything and then complain that the whole game is a grind and playing the game as such (running dungeons) is too easy. Congratulations from me, you beat the game. A "have a cookie" would be appropriate now, right?

Congrats on not being inclusive. This game came with PVE and PVP but I've noticed the PVE communites are selfish and believe the game should revolve around them and will bash pvpers calling them toxic when there are more toxic pve communities that exploit and kick people so they can take the loot! This game opened the doors to both. PVE doesn't require much effort anymore. People beat Valindra without coffers popping out.

How many PVE'ers have to put in money to be a valid toon? PVP is where this game makes more money like it or not. It's time they realize this or lose many so your smug butt can sit there and declare this game was made for you and you.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The campaign packs are cheap. Considered the massive amount of time it takes to finish said campaigns they should be priced at ~ $500+. $50 for... not having to do 30+ days of work, seems a great deal. I'd charge more, though.

---

Also as an answer to your opening post/rant:

No dedication/effort = no results. (that's how life in general functions)

This is a game, it is meant for recreational play. In no way should it be "work".

You should achieve rewards through play. Play is not work, it should be pleasant. Play is a means intelligent creatures use to learn of THIER abilities, the abilities if others and even in the case of mmos have multiple people play with their abilities simultaneously in the same environment.

That said paying to avoid work in a game seems ludicrous to me.

Hey everyone let's go work a game together! (No one say that).
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Funny part for me is where people PAY to actually NOT having to play a part of the game ...
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Funny part for me is where people PAY to actually NOT having to play a part of the game ...

Well its boring what did u excpect? I got all boons once, I never doing that again and paying 5k zen for each zone + getting RP for legendaries on more than one char is a big NO NO for me.

So im stuck with once char since beta and when its boring to play the same char 4ever, at some point they will lose me as a player. If it was cheaper and easiser to play more than once char, the game would be more fun and they would keep me as a player longer.

Artifacts acc-bound would be nice and same for companions (maybe for a small fee to unbound them) and they should add Icewind dale to the zen store.. But paying 15k zen, well who does that? :P
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    i play this game for like 1 year and so, as much as painful are the 4 campaigns for new commers i dont want them to take the easy way ... so yeah... let them start from the bottom.

we should be concerned by other things ...
    and only demand things for pvp.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, this thread really needs to be put out of its misery.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.