test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Wondrous Bazaar AD sink coming , no augment or OP active bonus this time though.

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So a few months ago they sold the Chicken egg in the Bazaar where you could get a Chicken Augment or Cockatrice with it's crazy OP Active bonus ( in open pvp at least) , so now they are running another starting on DEC the 4th until the 11th but this time no Augment and no crazy OP active bonus , guess it's just for the collectors , unless the eggs are much cheaper this time.

y69VK6G.jpg

The Rare companion -
1c8nj01.jpg

The common companion -
AryAy9A.jpg
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't know about the OP thing but +300 control resistance is too good to pass especially when you got sprint/unstoppable over and you're a PvPer.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Don't know about the OP thing but +300 control resistance is too good to pass especially when you got sprint/unstoppable over and you're a PvPer.

Because companion can be used in pvp....
    Yes they seem meant for collection purposes
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +300 CONTROL RESIST?!?!?!?!
    Count me in!
    Add this critter to an Oghma's, CW Artifact, Sylph, and Forgehammer, and my SW just MIGHT last another couple of seconds against a CW!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

I still spend enough time in Icewind Dale to drool over this.
    I know it's a bad habit and I can quit any time I want to.
    Really.
    I CAN ;)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    I still spend enough time in Icewind Dale to drool over this.
    I know it's a bad habit and I can quit any time I want to.
    Really.
    I CAN ;)

I do it too! But its not enough for me to spend currencies in companions :(
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »

What are you talking about? You cannot use companions in PVP
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014

active bonus' in pvp....
    edited November 2014
    yea blacksladdi...it's called sarcasm...
    they should sell some +300 sarcasm companions
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PvP is not only just the 5vs5 or GG you know.

I can't say I like it though. Things are so different in open area than in regular pvp.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yea blacksladdi...it's called sarcasm...
    they should sell some +300 sarcasm companions

because sarcasm can totally be caught by mere words on a screen. Sorry for not sense your emotion in that, perhaps I could trade you a +300 communication companion :)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1vs1 this companion is not so amazing... but, imagine a team of players all with rank 30 drakes freezing everyone! omg..
    It will give new meaning to "black ice domination"!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    because sarcasm can totally be caught by mere words on a screen. Sorry for not sense your emotion in that, perhaps I could trade you a +300 communication companion :)

Well he did follow it up by saying it was for collection purposes only and his sarcasm was still detectable although of course it can easily be missed.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For those boring bonuses, no thanks. Proly cost just as much as the chicken event did anyway.

Who does IWD pvp now anyway...

Gimme a battletested orc companion with a bonus that gives bonus damage from a chance of taking damage or something entertaining.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'll pass.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Those are underwhelming bonuses.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A long time ago I suggested that the devs implement a way to convert combat companions into augment companions.

Make a [Scroll of the Non-Combatant] and sell it in the Wondrous Bazaar for <tedious pricing argument>.

I think this would make new (and old) companions more attractive to many players.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So a few months ago they sold the Chicken egg in the Bazaar where you could get a Chicken Augment or Cockatrice with it's crazy OP Active bonus ( in open pvp at least) , so now they are running another starting on DEC the 4th until the 11th but this time no Augment and no crazy OP active bonus , guess it's just for the collectors , unless the eggs are much cheaper this time.
    Crazy OP active bonus? Where?

You mean in open Pvp? That deserted place?
    Sylph is better btw then 300 control res.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Crazy OP active bonus? Where?

You mean in open Pvp? That deserted place?
    Sylph is better btw.

Where did I say anything about either of the the two new companions having a OP active bonus?

If you took the time to read the post you would have seen the words " Cockatrice with its crazy OP active bonus " btw the Cockatrices active bonus was substantially better than the Sylphs in open world pvp.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • circle33circle33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yay a new AD sink for exploiters catering to the 0.2% woohoo!

You guys make me proud...:rolleyes:
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    +300 CONTROL RESIST?!?!?!?!
    Count me in!
    Add this critter to an Oghma's, CW Artifact, Sylph, and Forgehammer, and my SW just MIGHT last another couple of seconds against a CW!

+300 control resist stat translates to... what? +5%? It seems plain wrong...

It is not impressive, there are much better companions (Sylph gives +50%, Will-o-wisp +25% -and also 15% control bonus-)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +300 control resist stat translates to... what? +5%? It seems plain wrong...

It is not impressive, there are much better companions (Sylph gives +50%, Will-o-wisp +25% -and also 15% control bonus-)

Pretty glad you put it into perspective for me. Was partially wondering if it was worth it. That does indeed sound poor. Though the sylph is possibly OP. Not that I've tried it.