test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Placing Enc in 3rd socket on legendary weapon overwrites 1st socket enc

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I finally decided to finish upgrading a legendary weapon today. I then proceeded to drop a Radiant enchantment in the newly opened socket only to get an "item is busy, try again in a few seconds" error. Checked my inventory and enchantment is gone. Took a closer look and noticed that it was placed in the first socket replacing my existing one (I know because they were different rank Radiants). Anyone else had this happen to them? Any way to fix? I tried to submit a bug report, but it says a GM will not respond to it and then says to go to "GM Help". However, submitting there also tells you the exact same thing! All of the options seem to go back to the same bug report with no GM help. Sounds like there is no help from support unless it is regarding an item purchased with Zen?
Post edited by utookmynick on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wierd!
    Also, Disturbing!
    I upgraded mine a month or so ago and was able to place all the Enchants without a hitch.
    Did you do it via the Right-Click-Manage Item Enchants Menu, or did you use some other method?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Wierd!
    Also, Disturbing!
    I upgraded mine a month or so ago and was able to place all the Enchants without a hitch.
    Did you do it via the Right-Click-Manage Item Enchants Menu, or did you use some other method?

I did it via right-click Manage Item Enchants. Then dragged the enchantment into the open slot.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I did it via right-click Manage Item Enchants. Then dragged the enchantment into the open slot.

And it didn't give you a standard Boiler-Plate Warning about replacing one Enchant with Another, or destroying your original Enchant?
    Sounds like a Bug to me, and a nasty one at that.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
    edited November 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    And it didn't give you a standard Boiler-Plate Warning about replacing one Enchant with Another, or destroying your original Enchant?
    Sounds like a Bug to me, and a nasty one at that.

Nope, just gave me that error message in red. Never seen it before until now.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are other threads about this same thing. I don't remember for sure, but I think the way is to take everything out of slots before upgrading.

One dude said he found the enchantment in his bank, but that was probably him mis-remembering.

Don't shoot the messenger, I am just saying that it has happened to other people and you can find those threads and see how they turned out, maybe.

They need to fix the bug or at least add a warning on the upgrade window telling everyone to unslot first.

Here's one.
    edited November 2014
    Thanks. I tried to do a search, but probably just had the wrong terms. Sorry that I started a new thread.

BTW, I think I know what happened. I tested this on Preview: drag an enchantment directly to the open slot on my character sheet (rather than use "Manage Item Enchantment" like I usually do). What happens is, the manage enchantment window opens with the new enchant in slot 1. If you click enchant, it overwrites existing one. HOWEVER, for me, the first time I did this (on live), it just gave me the error message. I never got the chance to see that it placed it in slot 1... otherwise, I would have cancelled out.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Happened to me a few days ago when I equipped my newly refined Legendary Main Hand. Equip weapon enchant, rank 9 radiant, rank 9 draconic (not commit yet). Then i changed my mind and equip another rank 9 radiant to replace draconic. Commit. Draconic rank 9 no where to be seen.....gone.

Submitted a bug report.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I noticed something like this when I was doing some tests in the preview server (fortunately), thing is that you have to commit each enchantment one by one otherwise when you add the enchantments and commit thinking that it should work with all of them in one single click, you will lose an enchantment, obviously a terrible bug.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Yep, I had this too, dragged an enchant to an open slot in the enchant management dialogue, everything looked fine. When I committed it, the new enchant apparently went into the occupied slot without a warning. Cost me a rank 9 radiant- not fun or acceptable.

I raised a ticket with the in-game tool- though whether it was ignored or the ingame tool was just broken again is obviously open to speculation. However, I would seriously suggest that you unsocket a weapon before raising it to orange, just to be safe -it's only gold, after all- better than losing a massively pricey enchant due to long-standing bugs.

(Also, note that this isn't limited to one class or weapon, it happened on my SW, but I know CWs to whom it has happened.)
  • epicurianlogicepicurianlogic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This happened to me as well.
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    I dont think its required to unslot before upgrade to legendary.

What you should do however is unslot everything before you add something,
    then add everything in one go.

Its what I did and it worked.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm.. these are controversial pieces of advice.

Some say that if you have 1 radiant already socketed you need just to add the second one (otherwise if you add the 2 rads simultaneously 1 of them will disappear).
    Other say that on the contrary if you add 1 more radiant it will replace the 1st one - therefore you need unslot all, then slot all and apply for them all.

What is the truth?
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Some say that if you have 1 radiant already socketed you need just to add the second one (otherwise if you add the 2 rads simultaneously 1 of them will disappear).

Got a reference to the post saying not two at the same time?
    Because I did two at the same time and had no troubles.
    If true it might just be at random you loose enchants,
    no matter what you do.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Hmm.. these are controversial pieces of advice.

Other say that on the contrary if you add 1 more radiant it will replace the 1st one - therefore you need unslot all, then slot all and apply for them all.

What is the truth?

Just completely unsocket it before ungrading to orange. Then cross your toes when you're re-populating it, post-upgrade.