test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lathander Set

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
The Lathander's Eye/Cloak/Belt set bonus (orange quality) reads (in part)

If you are returned from Near Death status, you and nearby allies will be healed for 50% of their maximum hitpoints

Does this mean in PvP when revived via Soul Forged, that you will be at 50% hit points or more (depending on level of soul forged)?
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Lathander's Eye/Cloak/Belt set bonus (orange quality) reads (in part)

If you are returned from Near Death status, you and nearby allies will be healed for 50% of their maximum hitpoints

Does this mean in PvP when revived via Soul Forged, that you will be at 50% hit points or more (depending on level of soul forged)?

I hope not, I can see the River of tears and NERF threads will be getting if this tooltip is accurate, assuming IT IS accurate. We all know how the tooltip helps in this game.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • tntzentntzen Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Consider PvP Effect: Healing Depression

In addition to the introduction of tenacity, an additional effect; healing depression, has been added to the game. If a player has been struck by another player within the last 10 seconds, the potency of incoming healing and temporary hit points will be reduced by 50%.

The combined effect of these two additions is to reduce the occurrence of exceptionally short and exceptionally long PvP encounters, resulting in combat with a more normal length where strategy and player skill play a larger role.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Even if healing depression reduces the impact, there are already very few viable alternatives for armor enhancement, PVP or otherwise. I would have preferred to see one of the "underdogs" get strengthened in this manner instead, to create more viable play options.

• effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    witch will not make any of those set valuable in pvp.
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Even if healing depression reduces the impact, there are already very few viable alternatives for armor enhancement, PVP or otherwise. I would have preferred to see one of the "underdogs" get strengthened in this manner instead, to create more viable play options.

Enchants will be getting a rework later on,so be patient. I'm sure that after all the class balancing is done,enchants will get their due. Right now it's vorpal,plague,soul all the way and that leaves about 70% of enchants as unwanted,due mostly to insane cooldowns,or weak bonuses.That is bound to change at some point.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Enchants will be getting a rework later on,so be patient. I'm sure that after all the class balancing is done,enchants will get their due. Right now it's vorpal,plague,soul all the way and that leaves about 70% of enchants as unwanted,due mostly to insane cooldowns,or weak bonuses.That is bound to change at some point.

Have the developers stated that (link?), or do you just think/hope that is the case?