test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leader kick in pvp

njcgamernjcgamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
who the eff thought this was a good idea? do you not know how many trolls are on the internet? cant even count how many times some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has gotten leader and just kicked all the people in his party just because he can.

i can deal with the imbalance of the game but one person able to completely ruin a pvp match by being able to kick people out at will its just a bad decision.

is this going to be changed or should i only pvp when i have a group of friends together that don't randomly kick people from the match?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    I only kick people that wont leave spawn or go afk in spawn. Kick is a great option for glory freeloaders
  • njcgamernjcgamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vote kick, nuff said
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    We need Vote Kick feature.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    njcgamer wrote: »
    who the eff thought this was a good idea? do you not know how many trolls are on the internet? cant even count how many times some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has gotten leader and just kicked all the people in his party just because he can.

Remember this is the same company that introduced 'auto-bans' for anyone who gets too many ignores.

Read the thread about the guy who got banned after posting an LFM with high GS requirements which apparently some people decided they didn't like.....
  • netherwellernetherweller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Remember this is the same company that introduced 'auto-bans' for anyone who gets too many ignores.

Read the thread about the guy who got banned after posting an LFM with high GS requirements which apparently some people decided they didn't like.....

Create twink account, add to ignore, you're enemy is banned. Hmmm. Seems legit
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    We need Vote Kick feature.

Unfortunately the AFK problem is so f**cking bad that often there won't even be 4 other players at the keyboard to vote.

People actually advertise in chat, looking for full parties to go into PvP and AFK together for quick glory.
  • pedrozeladapedrozelada Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find the lack of answers from the staff... disturbing. I agree that kicking glory grinders that will sit the whole fight at the spawn point is necessary, but giving the power to 1 single person is absurd. It happens, way too many times, that one of the "sitters" is the party leader, and if you try to argue with him, he will kick you out of the arena.

I think this game lacks 2 important systems:

1- The option to report / vote kick AFK players. If a player is reported as AFK, he or she should get involved in combat so he can prove he is not AFK. Otherwise, after X seconds he would be kicked from the party.

2- A punishing system. A player who gets kicked / is reported for being AFK should get a penalty for this, as such as he would be unable to join another pvp match for some time.

And most of all, remove the option from party leaders to kick people from pvp matches. It makes trolls and ******s way too powerful.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ATM the leader being able to kick is essential. I often have games where at least 2 people are afk. However, I also agree that it has the potential to cause a lot of problems.
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some people tend to kick at the last seconds just for the fun of it, or simply if you disagree with them on something. How many ignores does get one banned ? It sounds like something that's easily abusable, though so are so many other things in this game.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    Some people tend to kick at the last seconds just for the fun of it, or simply if you disagree with them on something. How many ignores does get one banned ? It sounds like something that's easily abusable, though so are so many other things in this game.

Luckily that hasn't happened to me so far and I don't join in any arguments/insults in pvp chat; especially if not leader! That ignore ban thing does sound weird though, lol.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    Luckily that hasn't happened to me so far and I don't join in any arguments/insults in pvp chat; especially if not leader! That ignore ban thing does sound weird though, lol.

If it works like in other cryptic games it's just a temporary chat ban if someone has been reported as a spammer. This is a very important feature just to keep our mental sanity. It works quite well on STO, although people complain they get a 24h chat ban for guild recruitment messages spam there, but it's legit, that's really just spam.

If you don't want a temp chat ban well, don't be a jerk on public channels, especially zone chat, and don't send the same message repeatedly.
  • jahrynjahryn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow... just wow, I had no idea this was a thing until just now when the "leader" kicked me because he was a GWF fighting off point vs 1 guy while Im getting killed 4v1 at point. And he blamed me for being a bad HR lol.. This is even more ridiculous because here I am stuck with a "leaver" penalty because some whiney kid had authority over the rest of the group in PVP... Bad form Cryptic!
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jahryn wrote: »
    wow... just wow, I had no idea this was a thing until just now when the "leader" kicked me because he was a GWF fighting off point vs 1 guy while Im getting killed 4v1 at point. And he blamed me for being a bad HR lol.. This is even more ridiculous because here I am stuck with a "leaver" penalty because some whiney kid had authority over the rest of the group in PVP... Bad form Cryptic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwIRHat1Rd0

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Closing this for necroposting.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.