test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is normal qeue never start for a new 60 gwf?

gfalcon777gfalcon777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all, this week i rise my 2 gwf to level 60, and when i want play epic dungeon using group finder, never find a group for me :(. (for t1 and t2). and only i can play when find people in LFG chanel, but is very difficult because they only search people with 13+ gs.

it is normal? is a bug?.
Post edited by gfalcon777 on

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its normal. dps classess have hard time. i find almost impossible play fardelver crypt on my HR nowadays. often wait 30min in que and nothing
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Majority of the players use a dps class. The group finder has problem to give youa dc or a gf so basically people stopped to use that function and find their group in lfg.
    Undergeared guys have hard time yes, this is why you should find a guild which will be glad to help you and joining the chat /nw_legit_community where gs is not a requirement
  • Options
    archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    GWf = DPS
    DPS have the lowest queue priority. And only GF = tank, DC = Heal, rest is dps
    You are competing with lots of other class for Queue, that why it a long wait, since most group are pre-form for dungeons run

Few solution
    1) Join a Guild
    2) Join Legit channel (See The moonstone Mask forum in the player corner for info), they are generally tolerance of new players and as long you are willing to learn, most are willing to teach. Do bear in mind, there is alway some blacksheep around, so don't condemn the whole channel, if someone is having their PMS that day.

Gear yourself up to at least lvl 60 blues, R5 enchants are cheap so don't hold back on those.
    T1 gears are dirt cheap for most class, could use those as a base armor if you got some AD to spend
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if you have glory, buy some pvp gear pieces. they are good enough for pve too
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gfalcon777 wrote: »
    is normal qeue never start for a new 60 gwf?
    This is quite normal as it was decided to nerf the 2 non-DPS classes (DC and GF) "into oblivion".

GF:
    They nerfed good armor (bulwark stalwart), decreased any notable kind of damage, destroyed Frontline Surge, etc etc.
    DC:
    introduction of healing depression made healing very bad, and a lot of other nerfs that DC got subject to. (Funny, thing, GWFs like you complained that a DC does not need to drink potions to keep himself alive in PvE -> introduction of healing depression -> DC population dwindled). Most DC skills do not benefit from armor penetration.

To understand why it is hard to maintain a GF/DC you have to know that the dailies in IWD take 4-8 times as long with a GF than with a GWF, TR, HR, CW, SW. DC is a bit faster.
    Nevertheless, both classes are very unrewarding and (imho) boring to play if you are not in a group. Hence only a few are around.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is quite normal as it was decided to nerf the 2 non-DPS classes (DC and GF) "into oblivion".

GF:
    They nerfed good armor (bulwark stalwart), decreased any notable kind of damage, destroyed Frontline Surge, etc etc.
    DC:
    introduction of healing depression made healing very bad, and a lot of other nerfs that DC got subject to. (Funny, thing, GWFs like you complained that a DC does not need to drink potions to keep himself alive in PvE -> introduction of healing depression -> DC population dwindled). Most DC skills do not benefit from armor penetration.

To understand why it is hard to maintain a GF/DC you have to know that the dailies in IWD take 4-8 times as long with a GF than with a GWF, TR, HR, CW, SW. DC is a bit faster.
    Nevertheless, both classes are very unrewarding and (imho) boring to play if you are not in a group. Hence only a few are around.

oh my god how many wrong informations.
    healing depression is pvp only.
    GF does a lot of damages for the utility he brings. single target GF probably on par with Tr.
    Frontline surge damage is untouched for GF, nerfed for GWF.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

GF:
    DC:

Umm, Healing Depression works only in PvP, while this topic is about PvE. Good GFs and DCs are awesome to have in any group, they are invaluable assets. Even with HD in PvP, DC healing is awesome to the point that you can hardly kill a player that is babysitted by a DC.

But very few players are decent, while other want to play their class in a suboptimal way that doesn't benefit the party most, so they are unhappy.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Umm, Healing Depression works only in PvP, while this topic is about PvE.
    I stand corrected! The feature is called "rightousness", but it has a similar effect to healing depression. (40% instead of 50%)
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    gfalcon777 wrote: »
    Hi all, this week i rise my 2 gwf to level 60, and when i want play epic dungeon using group finder, never find a group for me :(. (for t1 and t2). and only i can play when find people in LFG chanel, but is very difficult because they only search people with 13+ gs.

it is normal? is a bug?.

The queue finder searches for a heal, a tank, and then the three last slots are given to CC and/or DPS classes.
    The mod4 gwf is an Onlooker, running around all over the place. Of course the queue finder won't consider including one.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Both DC and GF offer alot to any group, and it has nothing to do with their tank/healing abilities.

Sadly the DC utility role will be diminished it appears though, still useful, just not as useful as they are now.

Overall the upcoming DC changes just make them into a zerg fest dps'er.. I guess ok, if you dont already play one of the dps classes.

The problem here is your trying to queue into a DD, thats your error. Your never going to get into anything, 90% of all groups are preformed and enter the queue together (if not that high percantage, pretty darn close to it)

Back in the day (mod1,2) all T1s were insta queue's, but I haven't been able to get into them either, without a preform group.

Join legit and ask for help for gear and you will get into groups.

Its hard being a new player, as LFG just wants to have massive gear scores to run with, a guild and /or legit is your best bet to play this game, with any sort of reasonable communities.

The righteous mechanic is a sad bit of history, some of the really valid arguments they gave was,it was a unfair advantage for DCs to make gold, because they didn't have to purchase healing potions..

Now that anyone playing for a year would have thousands of gold anyways.

This whole DC rework has been a mess, the only thing the DC class will have that is better, is a DPS line, to help those who want to compete on kills in PVP.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Skirmish que does not care for group composition, so you will get a fast que. Dungeons require GF and DC, so you will have to wait for a long time, if you dont play one of the aforementioned classes.

Legit seems to be good, I dont know, bc. I never joined. Best option is a good guild. Otherwise look for groups running T2 dungeons with a plain lf X m. Chances are, that you will get a OP group, that just needs one or two more players for the que. If I help equip new players I never ask for a specific GS or class for T2 dungeons. If you got your 16k+ GS you dont need to run SP etc., so these lfg posts are a little bit off imo.

All of the players of my guild left for other games. I had trouble gearing my HR toon, bc. HR seems to be the ugly duckling for PVE. Some really bad HRs ruined their rep for most of the players. One guild helped me get his gear and in return I help them gear up new players with my other chars. There are many good and nice players out there, willing to help out. You will met some idiots and some good players when running PuG. Ignore the first ones and stick to the second ones.

If you are new to the game, do youself a favour, be polite and listen to the advice more expirienced players give you. This way you will find some nice ppl in no time.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Rightouness actually makes healing (all healing) of your teammates better, it's not a nerf on DC like people think about it.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I use the nw_legit_community channel. They are good people to roll with and they will take players without discrimination. I rarely use the queue system and if I do, it's because I'm feeling a bit lazy or if the channel is slow. I never use the LFG channel and my guild has slowed down quite a bit.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Rightouness actually makes healing (all healing) of your teammates better, it's not a nerf on DC like people think about it.

No. It's a nerf carefully worded to SEEM like a buff.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I gave up on Dungeons long ago in this game.
    Just don't like them.
    Don't like the waits.
    Don't like the Pugs.
    Don't like mechanics.
    So I just don't do them.
    One of the terrific things about the newer Module and Campaign systems (and I know a lot is wrong about them too) is that Dungeons are really not necessary to get half-way decent Gear any more. Artifact Weapons are a given with ToD and you can get belts in Normal Shores (along with a pretty decent Rings/Ammy Combo Set). Black Ice Gear is great and they are improving the drop rates of the Mainhand and Gloves shortly. The Dread Ring drops some quite nice T1 Purples (although without Set Bonuses) from regular Play.
    Add some PvP Gear to the mix and you have better than decent GS fairly easily.
    You may not hit Bleeding Edge right off the bat, but 18000+ is not that difficult with a bit of time.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    I thought you are long enough around to know the truth.
    vorphied wrote: »
    Righteousness: This power has been reworked to now provide a healing bonus of 70% to allies. Cleric Feats and Powers now heal by about 40% less than they previously did but overall still heal allies about 10% more than they previously did.
    ofc, if you prefer to think that DC was not nerfed, you are free to do so.
  • Options
    gfalcon777gfalcon777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ty all for answer :), i going to try the legit chanel when play this nigth