test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do we have to go to Reddit to have a conversation with the devs/officials?

magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2kphsw/hi_reddit_my_name_is_ryan_and_i_am_the_product/

How is this even possible? In PoE there was the same mindnumbing situation - they went to reddit and ignored the OFFICIAL forums.

Here we are not even allowed to address the devs directly, and this guy acted in an awesome manner, all honest, even if disappointing at times.

The OFFICIAL forums should be the main place for discussion. I have a reddit account, but I would rather keep to the forums instead. They are PWE's, not some other company's.
Post edited by magiquepurse on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Reddit AMAs are popular among lots of games/MMOs.

It might be so that he can be more free with his answers if that makes sense. It would be nice to have devs respond more on the forums though.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I think that reddit is better to do these kind of stuff cause comments with more upvotes go up, so it get more attention, and you can read everything at once too.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Neverwinter SubReddit is an official Neverwinter-sponsored site.
    Reddit is easier to post, reply, read more quickly and efficiently than the forums for this kind of thing.
    And also what Macjae and Benja32Gonsales said.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I guess with 3 weeks to go until a new release PWE tries to get on the radar of the game magazines again. And other marketing/sales reasons.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Good, free publicity, but official forums should come first. They were never a good place to talk to the devs as they rarely, if ever, respond to people.

This should change.
    edited October 2014
    Good, free publicity, but official forums should come first. They were never a good place to talk to the devs as they rarely, if ever, respond to people.
    The people from the official forums already have been infected by the NWO virus. No need to lure them. They are already stuck in the honey trap!
    Just remember, the forum is a very small minority of the population, and one that already knows about the game. And usually these players also already have spent their money in NWO and further spending is rather unlikely.

I guess the major income is from new players. Little money, but many of them. Until they discover the end game ... then some stay, but lots leave. As they already have spent at least some money on a mount etc. this does not hurt much.
    Is probably also the reason why ToD as accessible to lower level players as well. Dragons are a good point of sale. The dragon ring & items are good, too.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The people from the official forums already have been infected by the NWO virus. No need to lure them. They are already stuck in the honey trap!
    Just remember, the forum is a very small minority of the population, and one that already knows about the game. And usually these players also already have spent their money in NWO and further spending is rather unlikely.

I guess the major income is from new players. Little money, but many of them. Until they discover the end game ... then some stay, but lots leave. As they already have spent at least some money on a mount etc. this does not hurt much.
    Is probably also the reason why ToD as accessible to lower level players as well. Dragons are a good point of sale. The dragon ring & items are good, too.

about the selling point:
    it not my fault if they sell things for ridicolous amount of money...
    75 euros a pack?? come on. Make it 20 euros i will buy every one of them.

or the other thing that they overprice stuffs just in europe for no reasons. It's not "taxes" (league of legends have the same prices after all), is abusing.

you know how much a guildie payed the dragonborn pack ? 15 euros more or less cause that was the price in russia.
    edited October 2014
    I am quite sure they do calculate their prices considering the items sold.
    If they can not sell anything they will probably drop the price. They will certainly monitor sales and estimate what a different price might have yielded. As it seems, they are quite happy with their price model and it is working out so far.

It's not their fault that they squeeze everywhere as hard as they can. In the case of Russia this squeeze seems to end at 15€. That is "global economy". Different prizes for same products in different countries.
    I used to travel to Italy to buy some medicine because is was much cheaper there. And no, not because of taxes.