test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undo misassigned power points?

quotablequotable Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I had a couple of power points to spend, so I clicked the skill I wanted to assign one to, clicked to assign the power, had the game ask me to confirm it, confirmed it, and saw that the game hadn't leveled up the power in question. I figured that it hadn't taken for some reason, so I tried again, with the same results. Upon scrolling down, it looks like the game assigned the power points to a different power at random, for no apparent reason in particular. How do I undo this?

I've still got the window open--and haven't closed it. In Champions Online, it's very easy: until you leave the powerhouse, it's free to undo anything you just assigned. Feats in this game also give you a - key to unassign anything that you just assigned. But I can't find an analogous option for powers. There has to be one, doesn't there?

Quaternion from the previous forum
Post edited by quotable on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    On the bright side, with post-60 advancement you will eventually be able to fill out all your powers.

Doesn't help you at this particular time, but it won't be long before you can take the power you meant to click.
  • quotablequotable Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Upon further review, I think I know what happened. Basically, it's a bug in the UI.

If you click on a power in the powers window, it highlights and outlines it in white to make it clear what you've clicked on. Usually it also gives a description of the power in the window to the right. But sometimes it doesn't; rather, the description to the right stays with the previous skill that was clicked on. When you click to upgrade a power, it upgrades the one displayed in the window to the right--and not necessarily the highlighted power that you just clicked on to the left.

When I clicked on a power on the left and it highlighted it, I assumed that the click had been accepted so when I clicked to upgrade a power, it would upgrade the highlighted power. I confirmed that, yes, I did want to upgrade the power that I just clicked and the game just accepted the click by highlighting the power. The game hadn't actually registered the click, however, and thought that I wanted to upgrade the previous power instead, so that's the one that got the power points.

Quaternion from the previous forum
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    quotable wrote: »
    If you click on a power in the powers window, it highlights and outlines it in white to make it clear what you've clicked on. Usually it also gives a description of the power in the window to the right. But sometimes it doesn't; rather, the description to the right stays with the previous skill that was clicked on. When you click to upgrade a power, it upgrades the one displayed in the window to the right--and not necessarily the highlighted power that you just clicked on to the left.

Yeah, that happens from time to time. I've not seen it in a long while, but it use to happen rarely when buying from the invoke store as well.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    quotable wrote: »
    Upon further review, I think I know what happened. Basically, it's a bug in the UI.

When I clicked on a power on the left and it highlighted it, I assumed that the click had been accepted so when I clicked to upgrade a power, it would upgrade the highlighted power. I confirmed that, yes, I did want to upgrade the power that I just clicked and the game just accepted the click by highlighting the power. The game hadn't actually registered the click, however, and thought that I wanted to upgrade the previous power instead, so that's the one that got the power points.

This happens when doing guild-cleanups too.

You kick active players playing at the very moment instead of the inactives ones. lol