test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get to do Gauntlgrym

talzinartalzinar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I get that I have to be part of a guild to do so but what I do not get is which dungeon delve(s) it is associated with. I have all of the Battlefield Skulker set except for the offhand dagger. Is it totally a pvp thing to get the coins? Hopefully not. If there is already a post on how to open it up, just refer me. Or if anyone has the coins and wants to make some AD's, I only need the offhand dagger. Just let me know.
Say what?!?!
Post edited by talzinar on

Comments

• runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GG is complicated.

As you said, guild required. Guild also has to be aligned to one faction or the other. And GG can only be run whenever the 'event' is up. At 60 Knox has the introductory quest (Finding Guantlgrym), not sure if its required or not. GG has three parts, a pve phase, a pvp phase, and a dungeon phase. Each has its own 'event' time.

To run a dungeon you need to have a participation writ from the pve or pvp phase. The overall faction winner gets access to a better dungeon. Everybody gets access to Fardelver Crypt. You can usually run it multiple times during the GG dungeon event. And that is without a tank or healer.

I don't know the breakdown of how many coins you get from what parts... but you can get coins without PvP if that's something you hate. I will say though, that the PvP isn't really much like PvP elsewhere. I think its 20vs20 or something like that. Basically two massive zergs running around capping points with a few people splitting off on their own to catch others doing the same. Unless the zergs happen to run into each other its usually uneventful.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is there actually anything in GG itsself, that needs a guild? Or is it just for the entry because of ... well, because of.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    Is there actually anything in GG itsself, that needs a guild? Or is it just for the entry because of ... well, because of.

Just for entry/the side you're aligned with.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Once you have the required affiliation w/ the Delzoun Explorers or Luskan Corsairs, you can pretty much enter GG solo and just get on a team once there for the dungeons and PvP.

If you step back and look at GG overall, it's really not that complicated:

Phase 1 is a chain of different PvE tasks, and you basically just need to score some points in order to get a "share", which allows you to do the Fardelvers Crypt later on.

Phase 2 is PvP, or some more PvE tasks if you didn't get into the PvP queue, and the winning side of this part gets a share to access the Dwarf King's crypt.

Phase 3 is the dungeons - Fardelvers is the easier one and is basically Tier 1, while Dwarf King is a little harder, but gives T2 stuff.

You can get the Grym Coins from Phase 2 PvP and the dungeon end chests, which will eventually allow you to buy some pretty good gear.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gauntlgrym phase 1: pve
    All you need to do is kill 1 monster for credit (scroll for fardelvers crypt)

Gauntlgrym phase 2: 20vs20 pvp
    All you need is 400 points to get credit (scroll for fardelvers crypt)

Gauntlgrym phase 3: Fardelver crypt (give to all who have passed phase 1 or phase 2)
    Gauntgrym phase 3: Dwarf king crypt (given to winners of phase 2 pvp)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Just for entry/the side you're aligned with.

So it is basically just some way to force people in guilds. Well, i suppose GG is not worth it that much anyways.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So it is basically just some way to force people in guilds. Well, i suppose GG is not worth it that much anyways.

To be honest, I'd say it *is* worth it - GG is perhaps the ONLY way to have a 100% chance at getting a T2 set. A full set of GG armor costs about 210 Grym Coins, and you get somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 coins each series of runs, (that's for the armor only - there's also a main-hand and off-hand item available for Grym Coins). There's also a set of daily GG quests from Rhix and sometimes from Lord Neverember, which can pay off quite nicely - and you know one way or another, it'll take about 1.5 hrs to get it all done. It's predictable, and to me, that's worth more than almost any RNG stuff...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Plus there's gg rhix dailies, if you win it counts as a pvp daily win from the battlemaster. Enter a few mins before phase 1 ends and enter pvp and that's a reasonable amount of rough ad for just over half an hours work. Only planned joining a guild because of gg and it was the best decision in game.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just because.
    Gauntlgrym phase 2: 20vs20 pvp
    All you need is 400 points to get credit (scroll for fardelvers crypt)
    ... or you do the PvE tasks in the fist 20 minutes and get some points to get possible access to the crypts (Fardelver/Dwarven King).
    You do not need to PvP at all if you do not want. You are just missing out on 3 or 7 Grim Coins if you do not do the PvP.

To enter FC: you only need to have participated (=made 1 (one) point in the event) in either the 1st or 2nd phase.
    To enter DK: you need to have participated in the 1st AND the 2nd phase (PvP or PvE) AND your "side" (Delz/Luskan) must have won the PvP.
    Meaning, even if you personally win in PvP you would not get access to DK if
    • your side did lose on the overall PvP score
    • you did not paticipate in the 1st phase
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just because.

... or you do the PvE tasks in the fist 20 minutes and get some points to get possible access to the crypts (Fardelver/Dwarven King).
    You do not need to PvP at all if you do not want. You are just missing out on 3 or 7 Grim Coins if you do not do the PvP.

To enter FC: you only need to have participated (=made 1 (one) point in the event) in either the 1st or 2nd phase.
    To enter DK: you need to have participated in the 1st AND the 2nd phase (PvP or PvE) AND your "side" (Delz/Luskan) must have won the PvP.
    Meaning, even if you personally win in PvP you would not get access to DK if
    • your side did lose on the overall PvP score
    • you did not paticipate in the 1st phase

you need both scrolls to enter dwarf king
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, i suppose GG is not worth it that much anyways.

GG has its merits. I can still see people in the 20v20 pvp, which means it has not been made a thing of the past by the more recent open pvp of IWD and DV.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • talzinartalzinar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, I am only looking to get the off hand weapon for a TR. I have the rest of the set from the AH. If anyone would be interested in buying it and selling it to me, send a mail in game to @talzinar with times you are online and we can go from that.
    Say what?!?!
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    talzinar wrote: »
    Well, I am only looking to get the off hand weapon for a TR. I have the rest of the set from the AH. If anyone would be interested in buying it and selling it to me, send a mail in game to @talzinar with times you are online and we can go from that.

Unfortunately they can't do that. I believe anything that you get from buying with coins or glory is BOP.