test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seriously, fix this bug!

bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in The Foundry
The Asset placement offset bug seriously drives me crazy and some authors never get past it. I drag the asset (be it a detail, NPC, Encounter, whatever) here:
15613881826_745ff9971f_z.jpg

And the editor drops it here:
15017427603_2af626a33b_z.jpg

This makes using the 2D editor at all a serious hassle, and virtually pointless. Why use the 2d editor at all, if it ALWAYS puts it in the wrong place, and 3d editor doesn't?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by bardaaron on

Comments

• Options
    dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've never actually had it place my details that far off before.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Um, you don't have snap-to-grid on, right?

I've seen it drop stuff at incorrect offsets, but not regularly. Usually it's due to moving the mouse to fast or something weird like that.

Have you entered an actual bug in the bug report forum? -- I'll link/add it to my bugs list
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I think I have, I'll double check. It does this for me consistently, every time I place an object. I don't think the amount of the offset is consistent (now and then it's barely noticeable, & I think for a minute they've fixed it, but it gets worse again), but occurrence for me is at least 90% of the time. I've toggled snap-to-grid on and off. It makes no difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]