test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HP (Hit points) needs to be capped.

xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Honestly? Enough is enough.

With the new immense powercreep nonsense incoming in module 5 with the new artifact gear, Guardian Fighters will have between 70-80K HP, seriously?

Every class will have a boost in HP as well. Ranging them from 50-80K. This is way too much. PVP games will drag on forever.

Limit the HP Cap to 50K.
Post edited by xplmao2 on

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the much better way to do this is to limit any given STAT to 30.

So currently with the +4 Con Belt and a good Con Roll its pretty easy to get to 30 Con. What they NEED to do is just cap any stat at 30.

So it lessens the benefit of consumables considerable for those stats as well and opens more options for rolls.

In tandem with this new modules new artifact equip, it makes even more sense since it would allow players who are already around that cap anyways to allocate stats into other areas.

HP doesnt need a cap, Stats do.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »

With the new immense powercreep nonsense incoming in module 5 with the new artifact gear, Guardian Fighters will have between 70-80K HP, seriously?

Every class will have a boost in HP as well. Ranging them from 50-80K. This is way too much. PVP games will drag on forever.

Limit the HP Cap to 50K.

The current maximum is 70 k also i can say its not enugh.
    Bosses and mobs hit on GFs more then 70 k with 60% dr.

I calculated the new artifact off hand gear will only give you 2k hp+1400 hp from white dragon arti boost nothing more. The maximum will never reach 74k .

Also i say k cap GF HP on 50 cap and cap CW on 20k dc on 20 k TR on 20 k hr on 20k GWF on 40 k SW on 30 k .
    Then i say its fair, GF can only have 8000 more hp then any other class this is all what we have as an advantage .
    In the mean time all other class have 3 time more dps and min 2 time more crit rate .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    neverknight5neverknight5 Member Posts: 79
    edited October 2014
    Nah come on man, We all want to make different characters some like having more hp than others.We don't want to be all the same.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What about no.
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xplmao2 wrote: »

Limit the HP Cap to 50K.

I don't get the pvp people. Yesterday i was reading that everyone was doing too much damage and tenacity wasn't doing its job anymore and now hp needs to be capped :confused:

I really wish they just separated pve and pvp it will never work. constantly 2 groups with different mindsets are arguing with each other every day on the forum.

For PVE no!. its nice to have a stat to dump points in because of diminishing returns. And if you have 70k or 80k hp i highly doubt you do much damage so that's perfectly balanced imo you choose between offense, defense or a combination.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't get the pvp people. Yesterday i was reading that everyone was doing too much damage and tenacity wasn't doing its job anymore and now hp needs to be capped :confused:

I really wish they just separated pve and pvp it will never work. constantly 2 groups with different mindsets are arguing with each other every day on the forum.

For PVE no!. its nice to have a stat to dump points in because of diminishing returns. And if you have 70k or 80k hp i highly doubt you do much damage so that's perfectly balanced imo you choose between offense, defense or a combination.

Cryptic is doing this to their own game. Instead of small incrememtal increases they give us TONS of new stats everymodule.

Think of the boon system, thats 1000 stats there. Artifacts? Thats like 2-3k more stats.... Enforcement kits, another 400+ stats...

Keeps on adding up and NOW because everyone can softcap everything easily, power and HP are the ones that get OVER stacked.

Honestly they need to look at bumping up the level cap as now everyone has just softcapped everything.... If they had a "softcap" level of 60, kept the same system they have in place now, but let us level to 70 via the campaign systems, it would be much better as far as stats go.

Then they could actually release lvl 70 mobs and content and it would scale backwards all the added stats players have today.

Not saying its perfect, but basically everyone at 60 is the equivalent of a level 20 with all rank 10s... Ever wonder why players dont stack Azure or Darks that low level? Cause they softcap SO fast and get such a high return on power its better to just stack power.

What balances out "Rank 10s" is once they hit 60 the advantage of a rank 10 diminishes considerably.

Same is going on in NW currently. @ lvl 60 everyone softcaps so easily. If they bump the level cap to 70, and keep the exact same system in place they have today, itll start diminishing all the stats players have - which IMO would be a good thing!
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Cryptic is doing this to their own game. Instead of small incrememtal increases they give us TONS of new stats everymodule.

Think of the boon system, thats 1000 stats there. Artifacts? Thats like 2-3k more stats.... Enforcement kits, another 400+ stats...

that is needed so players have a reason to do the new content, we were already sitting on t2 armor since launch
    all games do that, check how wow stats increased between expansions

imho its a bad thing they dont increase level caps, its a good way to drop the accumulated gear and start over, they should do it at some point, its just impossible to balance stuff like solo content when some ppl have 10k gs and some will have over 25k in mod5
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

Keeps on adding up and NOW because everyone can softcap everything easily, power and HP are the ones that get OVER stacked.

Honestly they need to look at bumping up the level cap as now everyone has just softcapped everything.... If they had a "softcap" level of 60, kept the same system they have in place now, but let us level to 70 via the campaign systems, it would be much better as far as stats go.

Then they could actually release lvl 70 mobs and content and it would scale backwards all the added stats players have today.

Not saying its perfect, but basically everyone at 60 is the equivalent of a level 20 with all rank 10s... Ever wonder why players dont stack Azure or Darks that low level? Cause they softcap SO fast and get such a high return on power its better to just stack power.

What balances out "Rank 10s" is once they hit 60 the advantage of a rank 10 diminishes considerably.

Same is going on in NW currently. @ lvl 60 everyone softcaps so easily. If they bump the level cap to 70, and keep the exact same system in place they have today, itll start diminishing all the stats players have - which IMO would be a good thing!

Thats not going to happen, cryptic always releases new sets/boons for their games, instead of raising the lvl cap. You are also looking at it from an entirely wrong point of view. Boons are lvl ups, beyond lvl 60, so every module increases a character's overall stats already which is the equivalent of roughly 5 lvl ups. So, we are technically lvl ~80 once we got all boons from each campaign lvl ~85 with pvp boons and soon we will be lvl 90.

If you're unable to realize it, then idk...

• Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ok, PvP games going on forever - don't they do that already, at least at high end?

and yeah, the power creep is excessive, but if there was more content, who cares?

I don't think things should be capped, but i think more challenging content should be made.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thats not going to happen, cryptic always releases new sets/boons for their games, instead of raising the lvl cap. You are also looking at it from an entirely wrong point of view. Boons are lvl ups, beyond lvl 60, so every module increases a character's overall stats already which is the equivalent of roughly 5 lvl ups. So, we are technically lvl ~80 once we got all boons from each campaign lvl ~85 with pvp boons and soon we will be lvl 90.

If you're unable to realize it, then idk...

I didnt say we need to get more level ups to be more powerful but to decrease the effectiveness of stats. +300 Power at Lvl 10 is a HUGE damage increase versus +300 power at 60 is <2%. So if they increased Max level to 70, at 60 its 167 power to 1% dmg. At 70 it would be more near 200 power. This would mean that it would be harder to softcap stats and 100 stat points is LESS effective than before.

There is PLENTY of content post 60 in each of the modules to give to "level up" with daily quests and campaigns. So the level content is there.
  • Options
    dnalyrdnalyr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I agree put a cap on HP, like a draw back or something. for every 500hp - lose 1%damage. You can't have it both. And of course different hp cap for every class, CW for example should be cap at 24k and that is it and for every 500hp they pass 24k will make em lose damage %! that is the right thing to do, its called draw back, you can have too much of anything, it is just an example.
    Queven the Executor
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How about adding in diminishing returns on Radiant Enchantments? They can add a significant amount of HP when stacked in bulk (or power for that matter), and are currently the only major enchantment that have effectively no diminishing returns.
  • Options
    runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't get why ONLY HP should be capped. If you take away the GF's main stat, you should take someone away from every class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I think every stat follow some sort of softcap
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think every stat follow some sort of softcap

power and hp dont have Diminishing returns, if they were capped what point would there be to get better gear ? and both stats balance each other out(more or less)
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    How about adding in diminishing returns on Radiant Enchantments? They can add a significant amount of HP when stacked in bulk (or power for that matter), and are currently the only major enchantment that have effectively no diminishing returns.

This! I've also suggested HP and Power to have a diminishing return as a way of balancing high GS and low GS players in another thread. By having diminishing returns doesn't mean they're hard capped, they'll still get a gain, just not as high as it would be right now.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    no to hp caps...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    pilipino93pilipino93 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I twould have been pretty fun and interesting though, if they increased the level cap say 60-70. Then to 80 for mod5. Then adjust stats accordingly, and then be able to add content with tougher monsters, etc etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Asking for HP cap now is completely out of target imho. The problem we have now in PvP is not immortality, it's the opposite: a motherload of DPS coming from multiple sources, red glyphs on top, melting stuff in seconds. Most of the time close to impossible to dodge.

DPS in PvP is overkill. Must be lower and tanks should not melt in seconds.
  • Options
    groarkgroark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I agree. PvP should be separated from PvE. This PvP people keep whining and asking things just for their own 'private battles' without thinking of the consequenties for PvE. Really, we are getting a tiny bit fed up with this PvP egoism.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I think this veiled nerf thread has gone on long enough.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.