test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

multiboxing

amazoncheesecakeamazoncheesecake Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I always thought multiboxing was considered illegal in this game. Lately I have been seeing alot of people multiboxing. Is multiboxing allowed in this game?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I do not think you will get an official "OK" from the devs, but IIRC, running 2 clients simultaneously was not necessarily considered "bad".
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think its okay, -i have 3 pcs ;)
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I think its okay, -i have 3 pcs ;)

Multi-boxing is the use of two clients at the same time on the same comnputer. It has nothing to do with the number of computers or users in a household.

PWE has never and likely will never say it is okay to multibox. However it is very much against the Terms of Service to use bots of any kind. This includes mirroring features. As such there's next to no reason to multibox unless you plan on using one client only to talk with other players as it would be impossible for two clients on the same computer to effectively play in a combat situation simultaneously without using rule violating software or actions.
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Multi-boxing is the use of two clients at the same time on the same comnputer. It has nothing to do with the number of computers or users in a household.

PWE has never and likely will never say it is okay to multibox. However it is very much against the Terms of Service to use bots of any kind. This includes mirroring features. As such there's next to no reason to multibox unless you plan on using one client only to talk with other players as it would be impossible for two clients on the same computer to effectively play in a combat situation simultaneously without using rule violating software or actions.
    Given the entertainment value of the latest module releases (aka. "Heroic Waiting") it is more useful to park one toon in an area and wait for the encounter to actually happen than sit in an instance and wait for up to 20 minutes until said encounter appears for a minute or less.
    There is a very good reason to use 2 clients at the same time.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    Given the entertainment value of the latest module releases (aka. "Heroic Waiting") it is more useful to park one toon in an area and wait for the encounter to actually happen than sit in an instance and wait for up to 20 minutes until said encounter appears for a minute or less.
    There is a very good reason to use 2 clients at the same time.

I can see the usefulness in the "waiting for the dragon" situations for sure! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I noticed this too - I am guessing a major cause is people farming up the coins/sigils/secrets tomes on multiple toons simultaneously to sell them....
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    if you have 2 computers and have 2 accounts you could technically follow yourself around and such, but isn't having 2 accounts against ToS?
  • daflashaedaflashae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, I think this is against the rules.
    34s4d44.png
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    if you have 2 computers and have 2 accounts you could technically follow yourself around and such, but isn't having 2 accounts against ToS?

There is no limit on the number of accounts you can have. I have read the rule thoroughly and this topic has been previously discussed on the forums.

Multiboxing is another issue altogether. . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • molokrommolokrom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    There is no limit on the number of accounts you can have. I have read the rule thoroughly and this topic has been previously discussed on the forums.

Multiboxing is another issue altogether. . . .

From previous experience multiboxing was/is a grey area for some games since each account (WoW) was a paid subscription, paid for legally or not it is income to the developers. If they found that the CC was stolen or cloned then accounts found to be multi-boxing would be suspended or closed.

Since the game is F2P I can see how someone running multiple clients to farm for gear, materials etc might be seen as a potential botter looking to abuse the auction house for personal gains.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is a matter best addressed by the ticket system, rather than the forums. Also, given the fact that discussion of ToS, EULA, and RoC is prohibited by section V of Rules of Conduct, I'll have to close this down.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.