test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TT

stueystuey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Nine Hells
Hey, sorry, is TT still the best daily? I'm going fury, only level 40 though and trying to decide if I should start putting points in it, thanks!!!
Post edited by stuey on

Comments

• Options
    leeksieleeksie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    stuey wrote: »
    Hey, sorry, is TT still the best daily? I'm going fury, only level 40 though and trying to decide if I should start putting points in it, thanks!!!

Hi Stuey,

As with most of my posts this has ended in a decent chunk of text, so:

tl;dr -> In the right circumstances, the performance of TT simply has no equal. But in many other situations there are better options.

Sorry to be that guy, but there isn't a 'Best Daily' as they are all quite powerful in the right circumstances. TT has gotten a lot of hype, especially when it used to pick up and apply everyone else's damage as well as your own, but plenty of folk still misunderstand how it works.

TT is a fantastic daily when used the right way, such as when cast on a couple of Elite mobs/Bosses in a large pack. If you are able to get those cursed guys near each other and hit them all with a big spell (like Dreadtheft) then things will simply MELT. Both the guys you have cursed and everything around them. It isn't TT itself that does this, but the way it magnifies, splashes and echoes your other skills.

However, TT is basically useless against a single target. You still see a lot of SWs using it on bosses without any adds around in which case it is pretty much just a slightly better version of your TAB Warlocks Curse. In those cases other dailies like Flames of Phelgethos and Brood of Hadar are better options for single target damage and/or debuff. You said you are fury, so I'd say go for Brood as your Single Target option (see below).

Optimal use of TT does require a fair bit of preparation and positioning. If you are trying to use Dreadtheft as well you need to be mindful of getting CCed (knockback, stun etc). You can practice that by using the Warlocks Curse, Warlocks Bargin, Dreadtheft combo. If you get the hang of that, using TT is just a case of activating TT, applying your TAB curse to 2-3 guys and then literally unleashing your preferred version of hell :)

Since you are playing Fury you also have some fantastic synergies with the Creeping Death capstone as long as you are using Necrotic damage attacks like Brood of Hadar, Dreadtheft, Blades of the Vanquished, Warlocks Bargin, Wraith's Shadow, Hand of Blight, Dark Spiral Aura etc. But even if you aren't using those skills others like Killing Flames and Harrowstorm can work well on a TTed target.

I have a Fury SW and he's an absolute blast to play! As long as you can manage all the aggro that you will generate (until it dies) you will very regularly blow the Paingiver table out of the water (if you care about that). Setting up your biggest combos and rotations takes a bit of work but it is immensely satisfying when you can pull it all off and see the results :)

My current favourite rotation is TAB Curse, Brood of Hadar (for BIG guys), Wraith's Shadow, Dark Spiral (if charged) Warlocks Bargin, Dreadtheft. It works with your normal curse as well as TT, but if you are using TT then you won't have Brood up, but apply the curse to 2-3 guys before you do the rest. It's all necrotic damage so it all gets picked up by Creeping Death, and the Warlocks Bargin also locks the curse in so that Dreadtheft doesn't remove it and applies it's bonuses up to the maximum of 5 stacks. Since I also have the Accursed Diabloist set things will continue to melt for another 6 seconds after I stop applying damage (through Creeping Death and the Set bonus). All this also works with Blades of the vanquished armies and Hand of Blight when you want be up close and personal :)

I'm getting off track here since your question was about TT as a Daily. One final thing to consider is that you can eventually get enough Power Points to fill every skill in the tree, so you don't have to worry about 'wasting' points. TT will be a very potent tool for you throughout the whole game. So feel free to max it out ASAP and enjoy the show!
    Masashi - TR (Wisperknife / Executioner)
    Militides Hammerfist - GWF (Swordmaster / Destroyer)
    Apollo Deadeye - HR (Pathfinder / Archer)
    Percival Steadfast - GF (Swordmaster / Tactician)
    Shal Magmastrike - CW (Master of the Flame / Thaumaturge)
    Salazar the Damned - SW (Hellbringer / Fury)
    Tarl Tyrswrath - DC (Divine Oracle / Righteous)
    Sontag Tyrshand - OP (Devotion / Justice)
  • Options
    distancedistance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    leeksie wrote: »
    Hi Stuey,

As with most of my posts this has ended in a decent chunk of text, so:

tl;dr -> In the right circumstances,........ !

Hey there, what does the tl;dr -> means ???
  • Options
    stueystuey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey thanks very much, I really appreciate the info! :)

PS tl;dr means to long...didn't read, usually used to summarize a wall of text
  • Options
    leandreav1leandreav1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TL,DR is what illiterate people usually use when there is a lot of text they are unwilling to read. Funny enough usually used in forums and such, a place where information is transmitted by text.

To appease them pre-emptively some people will summarize their point first, and then write why they made that point.