kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Nine Hells
va8Ru.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    as a scourge warlock, your thirst for power is everlasting. You are always in search for greater access to terrifying powers. This thirst to become more powerful has led you to find a new source of damage: Soulbinder.
    This infernal power grants you the ability to steal life from your foes and will be the second paragon path for the scourge warlock.

When rise of tiamat releases later this year, players will be able to experience a brand new soulbinder paragon path for the scourge warlock. Soulbinder gives you the ability to steal and utilize the life energy of your enemies. This life energy provides you with brand new avenues to power.
    Let’s take a look at the new abilities featured in the soulbinder paragon path.

Soul spark: Various soulbinder spells siphon the life force from targets, granting you a soul spark. You may have up to 5 soul sparks at any given time and they passively increase your life steal by .5% each. When combat ends you are healed for 3% of your max life for each soul spark you possess and they are consumed. You may only gain a soul spark once every 6 seconds and soul sparks last until consumed or combat ends.

At will: Essence defiler: You blast a target, attempting to siphon some of its life energy into a soul spark. 25% chance to gain a spark. Curse synergy: Cursed targets always grant a soul spark.

Encounter: Soul scorch: You expend a soul spark to blast a foe with black fire, dealing heavy damage. This power has no cooldown, but requires a soul spark to be cast. While this power is slotted, critically striking a foe has a 30% chance to grant you a soul spark. Curse consume: If this power strikes a cursed target the flame also continues to burn for 6 seconds. This effect can stack and consumes the curse.

Daily: Soul spark summons: You consume all of your soul sparks to animate burning spirits to attack your foes for 15 seconds. These spirits gain increased damage resistance and damage for each soul spark consumed.

Class feature: Borrowed time: While you have soul sparks they heal you every 2 seconds for .5% of your hp per soul spark. +.25% per rank.

Class feature: Snuff out: When a target within 30' of you dies you gain a soul spark and you may now gain soul sparks once every 5 seconds. -1s soul spark cd per rank.

Class feature: From dust to dust: When your soul sparks heal you they also generate 15% of your maximum ap.

Feat (fury): Burning soul: Your soul sparks now also increase your damage by .4/.8/1.2/1.6/2% per spark.

Feat (damnation): Sparkbinder: The fire spirits summoned by soul spark summons now last 1/2/3/4/5 seconds longer.

Feat (temptation): Vampiric sparks: Your soul sparks increase your life steal by an additional .1/.2/.3/.4/.5% per spark.

There’s a lot of great new features that set soulbinder apart from the hellbringer paragon path, but it will be up to you to decide which path is best for your scourge warlock. We can’t wait to tell you more about the new paragon path, so be on the lookout for more details about the new patch in the coming weeks. For now, head over to our preview server and get your first look at the class balancing changes also coming to neverwinter with rise of tiamat.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So I will be testing this out HEAVILY on the Test Shard, and I'll let you know all about it as it happens... :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nulld3vnulld3v Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At an untested glance, I'm not sure the added utility compensates for the DPS disparity with losing Flames of Empowerment, No Pity, No Mercy, and Hellish Rebuke. Definitely not for Fury and Damnation. The increased lifesteal potential may put Temptation back on par with pre-nerf 200% Soul Bonding. Soul Scorch does look interesting, but it is fire damage, so inapplicable to Fury. It may kick up Soulbinder/Temptation DPS, but I am still not sold that it will exceed Hellbringer/Temptation's DPS potential.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Love to know the results, thank you.
  • Options
    fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks like PVP tree to me
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Class feature: From dust to dust: When your soul sparks heal you they also generate 15% of your maximum ap.

Class feature: Borrowed time: While you have soul sparks they heal you every 2 seconds

Just gonna leave that there for anyone that missed it. Sounds like a crapload of dailies if these work together.
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

Class feature: Borrowed time: While you have soul sparks they heal you every 2 seconds

Just gonna leave that there for anyone that missed it. Sounds like a crapload of dailies if these work together.

If they did, this will be so much fun!!!!!

If they don't and only happens everytime you exit combat when the sparks heal you...more TT on trash mobs I guess?
  • Options
    duhbreothadhduhbreothadh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vestige321 wrote: »
    If they did, this will be so much fun!!!!!

If they don't and only happens everytime you exit combat when the sparks heal you...more TT on trash mobs I guess?

I suspect it will be only at the end of combat. Otherwise it would be a daily every 14 seconds without considering the AP gain from encounters etc. It also probably ranks up by another x % or something per point so it would be even faster than that. Just slightly OP, even with TT fixed so you can gain AP while it is still active.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    will current warlocks be given free respec?
  • Options
    fallenlord00fallenlord00 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just wanna know when...when will it be on the test shard
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    fuglymook wrote: »
    Looks like PVP tree to me

At a glance and without playing it yet, it appears to me it's primarily pvp based. Even with the nerf to tempt soul bonding, the whole paragon path doesn't make up for loosing no pity, no mercy. Honestly from reading it, I almost have no interest in this path.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    will current warlocks be given free respec?

Hunter Rangers did not get a free respec when their second paragon path came out in mod 3 so I would not expect one.
    Azran Graves, lvl 70 SW | Lochavar, CW | Cain, TR | Panthe, HR | Karis Copperleaf, DC
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hunter Rangers did not get a free respec when their second paragon path came out in mod 3 so I would not expect one.

well that sucks...both for warlocks and the rangers.
    but thanks for the info.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If only Creeping Death could work with 50% necrotic damage and 50% fire damage, it would be great I think, both paragons would be nice for Fury.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I suspect it will be only at the end of combat. Otherwise it would be a daily every 14 seconds without considering the AP gain from encounters etc. It also probably ranks up by another x % or something per point so it would be even faster than that. Just slightly OP, even with TT fixed so you can gain AP while it is still active.

Is TT bugged right now?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Is TT bugged right now?

You tell me.

Z09uzCz.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You tell me.

Z09uzCz.png

Pretty sure that large number is the total number done in an instance of damage by TT. Hitting main target with 100k damage and then 50% of that reflected to 10 enemies for 500k damage.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It was a Fiery Bolt against the first boss of Lostmauth. I'm not even capable of getting 100k in one hit anyway. At least not in the group I was in at the time.
  • Options
    filluslosstarotfilluslosstarot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A great paragon for pvp. The problem is losing Hellish Rebuke, but I think I'll have to change
    tBR3vwD.png
    Name: Fillus Losstarot - Race: Shadar kai - Class: Warlock
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Is TT bugged right now?

I was referring to this patch note from the preview server:

Tyrannical Threat: You can no longer incorrectly generate AP while Tyrannical Threat is affecting you.

This will probably go live with the next mod if not sooner. At present I can regain almost half of my AP by the time TT ends, more if there is something boosting my AP generation such as a GF running Into the Fray.

*note: I have been to lazy to grind out my DC artefact, but with it I suspect I could get close to back-to-back in the right conditions.
    Axios Guild Officer,
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'll state I agree that it looks, at least in the above write up without hard numbers and damage types, that it will struggle to equal Hellbringer and No Pity, No Mercy.

That being said, I am very interested in the Encounter w/o a cool down Soul Scorch and if it's damage is respectable, the ability to fire it off whenever you have a Soul Spark might make it competitive. Particularly if that ability, and the At-Will Essence Defiler, are Necrotic damage for the Fury tree. It will depend on casting time, etc. Though I have hope it will be viable... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    If only Creeping Death could work with 50% necrotic damage and 50% fire damage, it would be great I think, both paragons would be nice for Fury.

..or indeed reliably with necrotic damage :)
  • Options
    distancedistance Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And from the first glance, do you guys think the temptation build for LS and all that, is gonna be better with soulbinder or still with hellbringer is gonna be better? I don´t know, because i am lvl 28 at the moment and soon i am gonna be choosing, but I want to go temptaion build, but don´t know if I should wait, or not

BTW is there a way to change paragon path?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    distance wrote: »
    And from the first glance, do you guys think the temptation build for LS and all that, is gonna be better with soulbinder or still with hellbringer is gonna be better? I don´t know, because i am lvl 28 at the moment and soon i am gonna be choosing, but I want to go temptaion build, but don´t know if I should wait, or not
    I've been testing it with Fury spec, but it has great survivability... So it does have the option to increase your Lifesteal/Healing ability. What you would lose is: The Class Features (No Pity, No Mercy, etc), and Hellish Rebuke... If those are integral to you, I'd syuggest going to the test shard and trying it out! :)
    distance wrote: »
    BTW is there a way to change paragon path?
    Yes, buy a retraining token for Zen on live, or for free to test on the Preview Shard!
    va8Ru.gif