New artifact weapons and belts cloak and mod 5 hrs place your comments here

j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Wilds
iambecks1 wrote: »
HR

rxv18WT.jpg

LLCmY8X.jpg

tue8EK4.jpg

Which ones are you getting? Also do the old artifact weapons work with the new offhand (applicable for setbonus also?)
Post edited by j3ttruebow on

Comments

• j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here are the new belts

Possible stats changes to the belts 10/21/14
    Would something like this address y'alls concerns?
    Lathander - CON, DEX unchanged
    Seldarine - CHA, DEX (WIS switched out for DEX)
    Black Ice - INT, CHA (WIS switched out for CHA)
    Imperial - STR, WIS (DEX switched out for WIS)

This gives each class a belt that hits 2 of their three primary/secondary stats.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    VmolZNe.jpg

icbHKuG.jpg

zZPXhbB.jpg

cyF0odR.jpg
    edited October 2014
    9BMxNon.jpg

Cfu3ug3.jpg

hcuBTzt.jpg

JFnw1Qe.jpg[/QUOTE]

Official Feedback Thread: Artifact Equipment
    Greetings, fellow denizens of Neverwinter. I am Ken ‘Graalx3’ Burd and this is the latest information on artifact equipment in Module 5: Rise of Tiamat.

Off-hand artifact equipment
    This is a new type of artifact equipment. Each off-hand item will come with a bonus to one of your class’ Class Feature powers, such as Destroyer for Great Weapon Fighters or Holy Fervor for Devoted Clerics. Instead of requiring a different off-hand artifact for each Class Feature, we have implemented a method for you to acquire more choices of Class Feature bonus on the same item.

Manage Artifact Powers
    There is a new item in the menu when you right-click on one of these items: Manage Artifact Powers. This will open up a new window which allows you to acquire new class features or to change the one currently slotted in your off-hand artifact. It will require a Cube of Augmentation, an item available in the Wondrous Bazaar, to gain new Class Features. Switching the Class Feature currently slotted in your off-hand artifact will only cost Astral Diamonds.

In addition to the Class Feature, all off-hand artifacts also gain a new stat when they reach Epic Quality. This stat will be selected from the set of stats used by Artifacts when they reach Epic and Legendary quality. This includes things like Combat Advantage Bonus and Stamina Regeneration. Like Class Features, you can gain new stat choices by consuming a Cube of Augmentation. In addition to gaining different stat choices, you can also attempt to increase the value of those stats, also at the cost of a Cube of Augmentation. Stats start at 100 and can go up to 400. The stat value will never decrease.

In addition to these new features, your off-hand artifact equipment will form a set with any of the main hand artifact equipment weapons and implements that you can equip. This set will give +250 to two appropriate stats for your class.

Artifact Equipment Sets
    There are new artifact equipment sets with a set bonus themed to the artifact that leads the set. Each of the artifact sets includes an existing artifact, a new artifact cloak, and a new artifact belt.

We are introducing artifact cloaks, wearable in the neck slot. These artifact cloaks have either a bonus to Armor Class or cause you to gain Action Points every 3 seconds you are in combat. Both of these abilities will increase in power as the cloak increases in quality.

The new artifact belts that are part of these sets give bonuses to two base attributes instead of one, although each individual attribute will have a smaller value than the other artifact belts.

New Artifact main-hand weapons and implements
    Two new main-hand artifacts are now available to each class. Each of these artifacts provides a bonus to one of the two Paragon Path at-will powers not covered in the last update. These artifacts have been added to the Dragon Artifact Chest acquired through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Dragon Artifact Chest will give you a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel as well as a random main-hand artifact. Collect enough of the Shards and you will be able to purchase a main-hand artifact of your choice.

We understand that this is just the bare information and we are working on a way to get these items into your hands for testing. Look for an announcement in this thread when a vendor for these items is available. Until then we are looking forward to any feedback that you have.
    edited October 2014
    Artifact offhand stats to choose from

HR:

Battlehoned: Now also increases your regeneration rating by 100.
    Pathfinder's Action: Now additionally increases your run speed by 6% and your deflection chance by 4% after using a Daily Power.
    Blade Storm: The damage dealt by Blade Storm is increased by 25%.
    Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your damage by 1% for every 2' of distance from your target beyond 70'.
    Twin-Blade Storm: Now increases your damage by an additional 2% when damaging more than two enemies with an attack.
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also increases your damage resistance by 1% for each enemy within 15', up to 5%
    Cruel Recovery: Now also Heals you for 0.5% of your maximum hit points whenever you deal a critical strike.
    Aspect of the Pack: Now also increases your damage by 2% for each ally within 15', up to 8%.
    Aspect of the Serpent: Now also increases your damage by 3% for 2 seconds after changing stances.
    Stormstep Action: Now also increases your Recovery rating by 150.
    edited October 2014
    Artifact offhand stats to choose from

HR:

Battlehoned: Now also increases your regeneration rating by 100.
    Pathfinder's Action: Now additionally increases your run speed by 6% and your deflection chance by 4% after using a Daily Power.
    Blade Storm: The damage dealt by Blade Storm is increased by 25%.
    Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your damage by 1% for every 2' of distance from your target beyond 70'.
    Twin-Blade Storm: Now increases your damage by an additional 2% when damaging more than two enemies with an attack.
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also increases your damage resistance by 1% for each enemy within 15', up to 5%
    Cruel Recovery: Now also Heals you for 0.5% of your maximum hit points whenever you deal a critical strike.
    Aspect of the Pack: Now also increases your damage by 2% for each ally within 15', up to 8%.
    Aspect of the Serpent: Now also increases your damage by 3% for 2 seconds after changing stances.
    Stormstep Action: Now also increases your Recovery rating by 150.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I really like how we can customize our off-hands to suit what features we have. The equip stats on the off-hand sux for an Archer, but at least it becomes slightly more desirable by giving it an appropriate ranged feature. AD sink for sure but I like the idea.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited October 2014
    I think they were expecting us to max crit strike and armor penetration with other items you can never get enough of deflection imho, lifesteal has a cap though but immensely neccessary in pve archer/combat
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ok so lemme get this, you get only one offhand arti, but get to choose where the bonus goes with a Cube, the same with the stat increase, up to 400, correct?

im also noting the legendary blades' base dmg is the same as fomorian/fallen dragon at legendary

this means that their base damage at epic is going to be less than fomorian/FD?
  • danmordedanmorde Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited October 2014
    Wow im loving theese sets. Im kind of split between rapid strike bow and clear the ground bow. The offhand looks extremely useful for my PvE combat build though.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lievcocijo wrote: »
    ok so lemme get this, you get only one offhand arti, but get to choose where the bonus goes with a Cube, the same with the stat increase, up to 400, correct?

im also noting the legendary blades' base dmg is the same as fomorian/fallen dragon at legendary

this means that their base damage at epic is going to be less than fomorian/FD?

The damage of the blades are the same from green to legendary. (Actually I think it was bugged when I first looked at it, green had higher weapon damage lol). I guess they don't want to give our melee more damage.

You get the artifact class feature at epic (I thnk, or rare), and get the extra defensive slot at legendary.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    edited October 2014
    I can see them placing the off-hand in the ToD campaign chest along with the bows for a chance of getting it. Also reading the notes it says you MAY ATTEMPT to change stats - not sure I like that, more RNG to get past and a shipload of ADs I bet.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    WELL..... if u can atleast change those stats...... that deflect is gona go off pretty fast.

Ill keep the default classfeature bonus though, it kind of seems the best one for me, besides the class feature actuallybeing one of the best in game.
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    WELL..... if u can atleast change those stats...... that deflect is gona go off pretty fast.

No, from what I understand the default stats cannot be changed. Look at the artifact stat increase bonus below them. That is what can be changed and increased. So we're stuck with Deflect and Lifesteal as our only options.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well stat bonus is good. Same for class feature. But defensive slot really?
    I do hope there will be a change to change those stats for belts. I don't really see how they will be useful to HR. +3 wis and +2 char is not what we need really. On other side - we get sets now when current legendary belts did not get a set parts.
    so one way or another - more AD to spend on useless stuff - either to change stats and/or to refine to legendary. Grind grind grind
  • malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wan the lethander set!
    bi6w07.png
    edited October 2014
    I wan the lethander set!

I think im aiming for the imperial one as str and wisdom are both useful, i need crit strike as well

I love the seldarine set bonus though too bad we cant use charisma
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    I think im aiming for the imperial one as str and wisdom are both useful, i need crit strike as well

I love the seldarine set bonus though too bad we cant use charisma

Yes we can! (I think, ha) it gives you combat advantage bonus, and with Aspect of the Pack....
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have been trying to get the rapid strike bow for my Pathfinder combat HR, should I wait for the new pathfinder bow instead?

Has anyone tested what bow would do more single target damage if first using careful attack then following with rapid strike?
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited October 2014
    Graalx3 wrote:
    These artifacts have been added to the Dragon Artifact Chest acquired through the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. The Dragon Artifact Chest will give you a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel as well as a random main-hand artifact. Collect enough of the Shards and you will be able to purchase a main-hand artifact of your choice.

Okay so the new Paragon Path bows and off-hand will be added to the Dragon Artifact Chest. Super. We will also get new currency in Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel to purchase said weapons. Super. Now we are even more at the mercy of RNG. It doesn't make sense to give out currency that allows us to select the weapon we wanted if you could get the desired weapon first up. So it was 33% chance initially, imagine what the rate will be in Mod 5. I see failed attempts coming out of the wazoo. We will be forced to use Shards of Dragon-Forged Steel because we'll never get the desired weapon through RNG. All that AD, Dragon Sigils and Cult Secrets wasted...
    Our pain is self chosen.

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Okay so the new Paragon Path bows and off-hand will be added to the Dragon Artifact Chest. Super. We will also get new currency in Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel to purchase said weapons. Super. Now we are even more at the mercy of RNG. It doesn't make sense to give out currency that allows us to select the weapon we wanted if you could get the desired weapon first up. So it was 33% chance initially, imagine what the rate will be in Mod 5. I see failed attempts coming out of the wazoo. We will be forced to use Shards of Dragon-Forged Steel because we'll never get the desired weapon through RNG. All that AD, Dragon Sigils and Cult Secrets wasted...

The Off-Hand Artifact weapon isn't going to be in the weapon chest. It is going to rewarded in the Tiamat raid. And they've updated the weapon chest beyond the OP post. Main-hand weapons can be traded in for a Shard of Dragon-Forged Steel as well as getting one from the chest. And Shard count has gone up to 6. But it means you need only 3 tries, at worst, to get the weapon of choice.