test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New artifact weapons for paragon at-wills. Will make electric shot viable?

vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Wilds
Hi guys,

Were getting new artifacts weapons for hunters teamwork and electric shot. Details here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777671-New-artifact-mainhands-and-offhands-%28-exc-GF-sorry-not-got-one-on-preview%29&p=9264491&viewfull=1#post9264491
The pathfinder bow looks awesome and combat SWs gain a boost to clear the ground, which is also awesome.
I wonder if the boost for electric shot will (finally) make it an alternative to split shot? I know devs been trying to "bring it in line" by buffing it and nerfing spit shot. But the split shot nerf on preview caused a ****strom and they nerfed it by 20% instead of the planned 40 (that was in mod 3).
Any theories? or maybe someones actually testing it? :)

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Were getting new artifacts weapons for hunters teamwork and electric shot. Details here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777671-New-artifact-mainhands-and-offhands-%28-exc-GF-sorry-not-got-one-on-preview%29&p=9264491&viewfull=1#post9264491
    The pathfinder bow looks awesome and combat SWs gain a boost to clear the ground, which is also awesome.
    I wonder if the boost for electric shot will (finally) make it an alternative to split shot? I know devs been trying to "bring it in line" by buffing it and nerfing spit shot. But the split shot nerf on preview caused a ****strom and they nerfed it by 20% instead of the planned 40 (that was in mod 3).
    Any theories? or maybe someones actually testing it? :)

thanks

What!? Are they nerfing split shot in mod5?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    What!? Are they nerfing split shot in mod5?

No, Vadimt83 is referring to the nerf in Mod 4.

If Golden Dragon Blades are our only option for artifact off-hand I am really disappointed as an Archer, who doesn't run with Aspect of the Pack and finds little use for Deflect and Lifesteal - the latter of which I have plenty of already. More Deflect rating on the set bonus? Pass thanks.

My Combat HR on the other hand will probably make use of it. Btw Golden Dragon's Stormwarden and Pathfinder of the Golden Dragon - wow really cool names...NOT. How long did it take them to come up with those names? Did any thought actually go into it at all?

I did try Electric Shot recently and although I was able to get off my encounters faster when spamming ES as opposed to Split Shot I still don't see it performing equally or better than SS with the bonus from artifact bow. Clear the Ground could rack up some impressive numbers though depending on what features you use.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    artifact off hands have a bonus that apply to one of the passive and can be changed using a thing from the bazaar (50k dias)
    for example a dc can have a boost of 150 at def when using anointed armor (that is a paragon passive)
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    No, Vadimt83 is referring to the nerf in Mod 4.

If Golden Dragon Blades are our only option for artifact off-hand I am really disappointed as an Archer, who doesn't run with Aspect of the Pack and finds little use for Deflect and Lifesteal - the latter of which I have plenty of already. More Deflect rating on the set bonus? Pass thanks.

My Combat HR on the other hand will probably make use of it. Btw Golden Dragon's Stormwarden and Pathfinder of the Golden Dragon - wow really cool names...NOT. How long did it take them to come up with those names? Did any thought actually go into it at all?

I did try Electric Shot recently and although I was able to get off my encounters faster when spamming ES as opposed to Split Shot I still don't see it performing equally or better than SS with the bonus from artifact bow. Clear the Ground could rack up some impressive numbers though depending on what features you use.

What do you use to enhance Clear the Groud? I´m going Trapper with the new mod and am thinking about my rotations for Aspect of the Serpent. I will clearly rotate three encounters each way up and down but will need an at-will to complete the four steps and was thinking about using Clear the Ground.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • j3ttruebowj3ttruebow Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do the old weapon artifacts of mod 4 work with the new offhand? (Meaning we also get set bonus)?
    edited October 2014
    What do you use to enhance Clear the Groud? I´m going Trapper with the new mod and am thinking about my rotations for Aspect of the Serpent. I will clearly rotate three encounters each way up and down but will need an at-will to complete the four steps and was thinking about using Clear the Ground.

When I played SW Combat in Mod 3 I generally ran with Blade Storm and Twin-Blade Storm as Aspect of the Lone Wolf was rubbish for dungeons. It would be difficult on pass up on it now, though, so I'd probably just use Twin-Blade Storm for the extra 14% damage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited October 2014
    j3ttruebow wrote: »
    Do the old weapon artifacts of mod 4 work with the new offhand? (Meaning we also get set bonus)?

Yes, the bonus clearly states ANY Golden Dragon bow and the Golden Dragons Blades.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    When I played SW Combat in Mod 3 I generally ran with Blade Storm and Twin-Blade Storm as Aspect of the Lone Wolf was rubbish for dungeons. It would be difficult on pass up on it now, though, so I'd probably just use Twin-Blade Storm for the extra 14% damage.

Thanks. But I guess I'll use Aspect of the Serpent anyway to get an higher boost to Fox Shift and Rain of Arrows.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited October 2014

Clear the Ground or Split Strike will work for a Trapper. I've been alternate between the two. At times just for the whim but other when the situation calls for CtG and Electric Shot when Split Shot would over pull more nearby spawns.
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    you can swap out whichever class feature you want - I'll be going for path of the serpent, myself.

But yes, for some builds, deflect is useless.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I dont know why anybody would change the class feature bonus, unless its for some tank build.

No Classfeature we have comes even close to the dps gain of aspect of the pack, personal i mean, even forgetting ur actually buffing ur group with it......
    edited October 2014
    ximae wrote: »
    I dont know why anybody would change the class feature bonus, unless its for some tank build.

No Classfeature we have comes even close to the dps gain of aspect of the pack, personal i mean, even forgetting ur actually buffing ur group with it......

Aspect of the Falcon: Now also increases your damage by 1% for every 2' of distance from your target beyond 70'.

Twin-Blade Storm: Now increases your damage by an additional 2% when damaging more than two enemies with an attack.

Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Now also increases your damage resistance by 1% for each enemy within 15', up to 5%.

Any one of those 3 will serve my archer better than the Pack feature bonus.
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited October 2014
    honestly, u pretty much suck as hr if u think any of those 3 passives are better than apect of the pack, which u should always be using in group content.

Falcon? u really pretendining to stay that far away?
    twinblade.... ok that one is usefull for split shot, but its just 2% bonus when u hit 3 targets +
    lonewolf fine for pvp, but for pve? over a dps passive?

pack is 8% added dps if u stick near to ur whole group. just being near one is the same as twinblade... and u can sort of control ur positioning to get higher bonus. besides pack just being higehr damage bonus by itself, to the party and u, than any other passive we have....
    edited October 2014
    honestly, u pretty much suck as hr if u think any of those 3 passives are better than apect of the pack, which u should always be using in group content.

Falcon? u really pretendining to stay that far away?
    twinblade.... ok that one is usefull for split shot, but its just 2% bonus when u hit 3 targets +
    lonewolf fine for pvp, but for pve? over a dps passive?

pack is 8% added dps if u stick near to ur whole group. just being near one is the same as twinblade... and u can sort of control ur positioning to get higher bonus. besides pack just being higehr damage bonus by itself, to the party and u, than any other passive we have....

Firstly, if you hadn't picked up I play an archer. Should I say it slower? Aaarcheeeer. I have the Hunting Hawk to increase my damage the further away from mobs I am and coupled with Aspect of the Falcon and the feat in the Archery tree that is quite a sizeable amount of damage. But according to you I should stay within 20' of my whole party to provide them a damage boost and cripple myself in the meantime coz I may then be within 25' of the mob which means I lose my 25% crit bonus. You're right, makes perfect sense ofc.

For Combat HR Pack is a no-brainer but for Archer not so much.
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited October 2014
    Firstly, if you hadn't picked up I play an archer. Should I say it slower? Aaarcheeeer. I have the Hunting Hawk to increase my damage the further away from mobs I am and coupled with Aspect of the Falcon and the feat in the Archery tree that is quite a sizeable amount of damage. But according to you I should stay within 20' of my whole party to provide them a damage boost and cripple myself in the meantime coz I may then be within 25' of the mob which means I lose my 25% crit bonus. You're right, makes perfect sense ofc.

For Combat HR Pack is a no-brainer but for Archer not so much.

LOL!!

yeah i know ur an aaaarrchhheeerr, a ssloooow one too as u point out too. Im also archer btw.... but did u know that:

1) u just need to be 25 feet away to get the crit 25% crit bonus? which happens to be about the same max distance for aspect of the pack. so u can actually give combat advantage to a melee while keeping ur crit bonus with correct positioning.... not to mention the rest of cw or other ranged toons that while being near wont be exactly in melee range. its all about positioning urself near ur group while still having the crit buff icon.

2) the gain from combat advantage damage will be higher than the feat + the hawk?, as combat advantage damage is multiplicative with all the other ca mods which are more abundant. (ca stat, ability score, pets,etc)

3) ur buffing other people dps considerably too?, so making the run faster for everyone, even if it cripples ur dps a little bit due to **** happening and stuff getting too close, party dps as a whole will be higher.

4) If u pull agro you will pull it near ur mates?, instead of across the room <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everybody up.

so yeah it makes perfect sense.... ive u bother to give it a little though, instead of spending all that zen in a pet that promotes the bad play that gives HR a bad rep.
    edited October 2014
    u just need to be 25 feet away to get the crit 25% crit bonus? which happens to be about the same max distance for aspect of the pack. so u can actually give combat advantage to a melee while keeping ur crit bonus with correct positioning....

ur buffing other people dps considerably too?, so making the run faster for everyone, even if it cripples ur dps a little bit due to **** happening and stuff getting too close, party dps as a whole will be higher.

Let me offer a riposte. Go read up on Stillness of the Forest and your beloved Aspect of the Pack again. I know what I'm talking about. Max distance for Pack is 20' - max distance for SotF is 25'. See where I'm going with this? Any melee in the party will get stuff all while I've got to further gimp my dps by moving and trying to keep within 20' range of all the ranged dps, which btw are scarcely in the same vicinity. Cool so I buff one extra player maybe. Sorry I just don't think it's worth it in most situations. Probably the only two times I slot Pack is for Garakas and Lostmauth because I know the party (should) all mostly be within range.
    If u pull agro you will pull it near ur mates?, instead of across the room <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everybody up.

so yeah it makes perfect sense.... ive u bother to give it a little though, instead of spending all that zen in a pet that promotes the bad play that gives HR a bad rep.

I know how to play a HR at range. I'm not the one giving our class a bad rep. Aggro has never been an issue for me and if I happen to pull aggro I sure as hell know how to deal with it for the party's sake. Mhoram plays the same style and it works very well for him. He just min-maxxed more.

FYI I purchased the HR starter pack for the Hood of the Wild, Bow of the Wild (free constant transmutes) and the greater bag of holding - the hawk was just a bonus...
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited October 2014
    Let me offer a riposte. Go read up on Stillness of the Forest and your beloved Aspect of the Pack again. I know what I'm talking about. Max distance for Pack is 20' - max distance for SotF is 25'. See where I'm going with this? Any melee in the party will get stuff all while I've got to further gimp my dps by moving and trying to keep within 20' range of all the ranged dps, which btw are scarcely in the same vicinity. Cool so I buff one extra player maybe. Sorry I just don't think it's worth it in most situations. Probably the only two times I slot Pack is for Garakas and Lostmauth because I know the party (should) all mostly be within range.

I know its not always possible to keep the crit bonus and give ca to the melees or the whole party, it depends how everybody is positioned in regards to the mobs and you and how everybody is aware of what ur doing or not (easier with voice com/ friends), but its all a matter of positioning.

Sometimes you will be able to gve ca to everyone sometimes to just one or two more guys, its a matter of decision making regarding ur positioning, its not gona be worth loosing the bonus giving ca to a gf where it is if there is several melees as 25% personal crit < giving ca to 3 guys and u.

But at very least u are always able to give it to urself and someone else keeping the crit buff ( place urself near someone while keeping buff icon) and even then its worth it over any other passive. Even disregarding that its very easy to buff more characters with the buff or even that party buff > personal dps.

Im just dont have much more to say about it, u can see it ( and check the math if u wish ) or not, but by what u say in my eyes i think ur playing selfishly and not even in a productive way, as it is even superior on a personal dps level too.
    edited October 2014
    Im just dont have much more to say about it, u can see it ( and check the math if u wish ) or not, but by what u say in my eyes i think ur playing selfishly and not even in a productive way, as it is even superior on a personal dps level too.

While doing the SoT skirmish last night I noticed that I wasn't getting the Combat Advantage bonus even though I was virtually right next to a CW. I picked this up by noticing the lack of the sword icon next to damage popping up on my screen. Didn't check my combat log to verify if I was indeed getting the buff but could it be a bug?
    Our pain is self chosen.

• indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    concerning Clear the ground and new artifacts coming.
    Iam pvp HR melee, stormwarden, with 1100 in LS. Clear the ground is doing correct DMG already (ok CA of pathfinder seems better against one target ) and gives a really efficient survivability when fitting against several. So with the new artifact it could be even better (ok ok 15% more DMG for pathfinder HR sounds very bad for us :)
    Indalord I & II
    edited October 2014
    While doing the SoT skirmish last night I noticed that I wasn't getting the Combat Advantage bonus even though I was virtually right next to a CW. I picked this up by noticing the lack of the sword icon next to damage popping up on my screen. Didn't check my combat log to verify if I was indeed getting the buff but could it be a bug?

not sure about that im not constantly checking, i did just test it out simply with a companion and it was working fine. crits dont show the sword icon though, maybe it was that?
    edited October 2014
    crits dont show the sword icon though, maybe it was that?

I wasn't aware that crits didn't count for Combat Advantage, but yes that could have been it. Conversely I'm pretty sure I was outside the 20' range of my party members in a skirmish this morning but was still getting CA. It seems rather random sometimes. I do see the advantages of CA over the rest of the class features now though. Is the Blink Dog active bonus worth using in this respect?
    Our pain is self chosen.

• kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wasn't aware that crits didn't count for Combat Advantage, but yes that could have been it. Conversely I'm pretty sure I was outside the 20' range of my party members in a skirmish this morning but was still getting CA. It seems rather random sometimes. I do see the advantages of CA over the rest of the class features now though. Is the Blink Dog active bonus worth using in this respect?

it does count but it is additive and only combat advantage sword shows when there's a critic+combat advantage !
    edited October 2014
    @ lirithel

crits do count for ca, its just that it displays the crit icon not the ca one. the damage calculattion is different from non crits though.

non crits:
    Total damage when CA is granted = base damage * (1+ 0.15) * (1+ CHA bonus%) * (1+ CAbonus %) * (1+ blink dog %) * (1+ intellect devourer%)

crits:
    Total damage with CA and CRIT = base damage * (1+ 0.75 + sum of all crit severity bonuses + 0.15 + CHA bonus + CAbonus) * (1+blink dog %) * (1+ intellect devourer %)

20 feet radious is actually a sizeable area , 40 feet diameter. also stuff like prones, stuns or actual positioning will also give ca, the standard means.

So yes Blink dog and intellect devourer are very good pets for us. they are multiplicative even in crit hits. I actually use both at epic, giving me rougly 36% ca dmg increase. I will post my build in a few days so this gets more exposure.
    edited October 2014
    20 feet radious is actually a sizeable area , 40 feet diameter. also stuff like prones, stuns or actual positioning will also give ca, the standard means.

Doh of course, that's probably why I received CA coz I was probably flanking Garakas with another party member as I always try to stay at his six. I overlook that sometimes. Thanks for the detailed response :)
    Our pain is self chosen.

• thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    . I will post my build in a few days so this gets more exposure.
    Id like to see it. With good explanation of 25 crit bonus for archer. Im mostly Combat HR but I like to see good Archer build. Especially of archer that don't make whole team run around cause they pulled agro.
    edited October 2014
    thedemien wrote: »
    Id like to see it. With good explanation of 25 crit bonus for archer. Im mostly Combat HR but I like to see good Archer build. Especially of archer that don't make whole team run around cause they pulled agro.

I actually posted the build this morning.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?781791-Xim%B4s-Build-Overload-Archer-of-the-Pack

the 25 crit chance bonus, is just an archer feat that grants u that crit bonus if u have no mobs with in 25 feet of you
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I actually posted the build this morning.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?781791-Xim%B4s-Build-Overload-Archer-of-the-Pack

the 25 crit chance bonus, is just an archer feat that grants u that crit bonus if u have no mobs with in 25 feet of you

Just took a look - mighty respectable setup you have. especially the CDs - >50%. very bloody impressive.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF