test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is going on in the SOT Skirmish??

boldorianboldorian Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey gang, just wondering if I am missing something when it comes to the SOT skirmish? I have run this same skirmish at least 300 times on each of my main characters on both Epic and Normal, but lately there have been some differences in the group dynamics. Now, I am not saying they are bad groups, they are just running the skirmish differently than in the past few weeks. So far in party chat I have seen:

“RUN”

“Make me Party Leader”

“This is not the Epic SOT, make me Party Leader”

The last offering was actually during an Epic SOT, so I am not sure what the requesting party was attempting. And this leads me to a question for each instance, “Why”? Is there something special that makes a player want to be party leader, and why “Run” through the skirmish when the mobs will eventually catch you at a door, and wipe you out?

Another incident that just happened this morning was just as the skirmish started. For some reason, several of the players killed the first mob, then left. Then when we killed the first Golem, two more left. In each of these situations there were no deaths in the party, not one player even came close to dying, and it made me scratch my head. These were not disconnects, they just vanished. I was party leader and did not kick any of them, so I found it quite strange. Is there a full moon, because I know it’s not Friday the 13th.:cool:
Post edited by boldorian on

Comments

• luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, they probaly left because the party was too slow for their taste.

And the party leader thing maybe in order to disable rolling for greens (this is possible, isnt it?).
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    luxark wrote: »
    Well, they probaly left because the party was too slow for their taste.

And the party leader thing maybe in order to disable rolling for greens (this is possible, isnt it?).

Probably more likely they wanted to kick people if something good dropped...
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Never happened for me, but iam playing full tank and that boss can really hurt if not tanked, so ...
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited October 2014

This^^ I would say look at their guild names but that's not always fool proof as people don't need to be in the same guild to be @friends. Beware of loot ninjas.
  • vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is only 1 reason someone would want lead in a full group. To kick people. Anytime someone demands lead from you, you should kick them and give them a taste of their own medicine!
    Alot of times ive qued with a guild group and one person doesnt zone in with the rest of us, so we leave and reform. This may be one reason you see peeps leave right away.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vyrokk wrote: »
    There is only 1 reason someone would want lead in a full group. To kick people. Anytime someone demands lead from you, you should kick them and give them a taste of their own medicine!
    Alot of times ive qued with a guild group and one person doesnt zone in with the rest of us, so we leave and reform. This may be one reason you see peeps leave right away.

While this is undoubtly true, i would personaly wait until the boss is at 1% Health to kick em, just so they can really taste their own medicin:)
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They WILL kick you at the end you being good player or no, if something good drops, maybe a belt. be it normal or epic.

if you can run with friends, if you cant be aware they are botting the skirmish and also kicking people. you will see well geared players just following you around and using the same at will over and over again. sometimes poping one daily or encounteer on a random target/place. most of them seem to be cw but thats my experience.

the ones asking to run are just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, if they want to run the way they like they should do a closed party run.
    I did my share of running on that skirmish and the time you save is very low, if the party is high end enough to kill everyone fast, so they can kill everyone fast anyway dont need to run.
  • tigillotigillo Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2014
    boldorian wrote: »
    Hey gang, just wondering if I am missing something when it comes to the SOT skirmish? I have run this same skirmish at least 300 times on each of my main characters on both Epic and Normal, but lately there have been some differences in the group dynamics. Now, I am not saying they are bad groups, they are just running the skirmish differently than in the past few weeks. So far in party chat I have seen:

“RUN”

“Make me Party Leader”

“This is not the Epic SOT, make me Party Leader”

The last offering was actually during an Epic SOT, so I am not sure what the requesting party was attempting. And this leads me to a question for each instance, “Why”? Is there something special that makes a player want to be party leader, and why “Run” through the skirmish when the mobs will eventually catch you at a door, and wipe you out?

Another incident that just happened this morning was just as the skirmish started. For some reason, several of the players killed the first mob, then left. Then when we killed the first Golem, two more left. In each of these situations there were no deaths in the party, not one player even came close to dying, and it made me scratch my head. These were not disconnects, they just vanished. I was party leader and did not kick any of them, so I found it quite strange. Is there a full moon, because I know it’s not Friday the 13th.:cool:

They leave because party was to slow. Its happend all time. People try jon to skirmish, when is good party stay nd play, other way fast leave.

Same situation is in Epic LoL: permanetly GF and DC quick leave if they look start dungon. A lot of this class try join only for finall battle. They can easy join to this dungon only for final battle - thx a queue :D this situation :p
    edited October 2014
    This^^ I would say look at their guild names but that's not always fool proof as people don't need to be in the same guild to be @friends. Beware of loot ninjas.

To be fair I often go with one or two people from my guild and we arn't loot ninjas xD

So being in the same guild doesn't mean they will ninja :p
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    those asking for lead want to kick people for loot. They'll leave when you don't give them it, although i have not seen it before. Must be because i put up good dps numbers or i've ignored most of these people.

I don't skirmish with people on my ignore list for said reason, however i will leave if people do'nt get down to fight the first pull fast enough. ie if i turn my character and count to 10 and people are still there watching me i'll just leave as its an indication that boss won't be killed by such timid players (I also can't be ****ed to slowly kill the boss solo after drakes are down)
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For premade group and go.

Try legit channel, been running this stuff all day last few days.

Problem solved.
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »

Problem solved.

lol legit... enough said.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • cybercyanidecybercyanide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited October 2014
    To be fair I often go with one or two people from my guild and we arn't loot ninjas xD

So being in the same guild doesn't mean they will ninja :p

Let me clarify (as my guild also does several runs together): In the instances described by OP, it may be possible that they are requesting the leader change for purposes of Ninja Looting (As having friends/guildies on the team would make it easier for them to vote kick).
    Other than that? Maybe they just need the "ego trip" of being leader? O.o lol
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Happened to me sometime a ago.
    I was pugging eSoT and some DC asks me to make him party leader. I asked him "why?", he didn't say anything and we kept playing. He was an elitist, telling people what to do over voice in broken english.
    When we finished the run, I queued again and got into a group with the same cleric. This time the plyaer who was party leader, gave him the lead. I didnt have a chance to say anything I was thinking "hes just an elitist, thats must be his reason for wanted party lead". Boy, I was wrong. We had a tough boss fight and he was again barking orders in broken english to everyone while they were dying. When the boss around 50% hp, it was only him and me left but he was still buffing and healing me while I was desperately dpsing the boss (I'm an HR). At around 10% I died. 10 seconds later I was kicked. end of story
    edited October 2014
    Let me clarify (as my guild also does several runs together): In the instances described by OP, it may be possible that they are requesting the leader change for purposes of Ninja Looting (As having friends/guildies on the team would make it easier for them to vote kick).
    Other than that? Maybe they just need the "ego trip" of being leader? O.o lol

And if you look you will see that I said that anyway... a few pages ago. I was merely pointing out that having players from the same guild on a run doesn't meant they will ninja your loot :p
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not eSoT, that's just how mentally challenged 7th graders play. You happened to run into a string of them.
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Problem solved.

Sorry, but what do you mean by that? Is it some kind of a separate public channel like LFG or do you mean your internal guild channel?
    edited October 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Sorry, but what do you mean by that? Is it some kind of a separate public channel like LFG or do you mean your internal guild channel?

Its a Custom chat channel, similar to lfg but with far fewer players. I am sure some others here can fill you in more about how to join but tbh I really don't see any difference between them and lfg, unless you count the egos displayed by most of the players in legit.
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    edited October 2014
    Its a Custom chat channel, similar to lfg but with far fewer players. I am sure some others here can fill you in more about how to join but tbh I really don't see any difference between them and lfg, unless you count the egos displayed by most of the players in legit.

I see...
    Thanks for the response. No chance for me to get there then as I usually play alone and my guild is just me :(.
    Was asking because I was also kicked from the party a couple of times (not that often as some people here complain but still...) and wanted to find smth more reliable.
    Ah well... let it be as it is. No time to actually play (run dungeons and skirmishes, etc.) with this tedious Tyranny of Dailies campaign after all :/
    edited October 2014
    I see...
    Thanks for the response. No chance for me to get there then as I usually play alone and my guild is just me :(.
    Was asking because I was also kicked from the party a couple of times (not that often as some people here complain but still...) and wanted to find smth more reliable.
    Ah well... let it be as it is. No time to actually play (run dungeons and skirmishes, etc.) with this tedious Tyranny of Dailies campaign after all :/

Well I am more than happy to run stuff with you if you want :p I sent your friend req in game - so don't refuse me xD
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    I see...
    Was asking because I was also kicked from the party a couple of times
    (not that often as some people here complain but still...) and wanted to find smth more reliable.

Legit is a moderated lfg channel.
    It can't replace a good guild but its a verry good way to supplement it.

Legit is not perfect. It has a few rotten apples, but in general those you find
    there are much more helpfull and respectfull to other players.
    I sure had good experience with it.

General idea's they roll with:

* Gearscore or class is not that important.
    * No humping of mountains or glitches. Actually play the dungeon.
    * No kicking for loot or low gs.

More info:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?742041-NW_Legit_Community-Channel-Info-amp-Discussion
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
    edited October 2014
    Well I am more than happy to run stuff with you if you want :p I sent your friend req in game - so don't refuse me xD

But, as I've said - very little time is left for actual playing with these never-ending dailies and RP farm :(

Anyways, I believe I've already run with you with at least one of my characters (Adorable Temptress, SW)... It was LoL, unless I am mistaken...
    edited October 2014
    johnperq wrote: »

Thanks buddy :)
    It seems that it will be possible for me after all as it is a public channel.
    edited October 2014
    But, as I've said - very little time is left for actual playing with these never-ending dailies and RP farm :(

Anyways, I believe I've already run with you with at least one of my characters (Adorable Temptress, SW)... It was LoL, unless I am mistaken...

Lol yes that's me :p What is your characters name?
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR