test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion to the devs: Take one day per month to play some PvP

rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
Hey there,

Let me start with saying that this is not a rage post or a dissatisfied player having a dig at the devs. This humble hermit has climbed out of his hole with an annoying and unreachable itch which he would dearly like the devs to scratch.

I will speak in terms of PvP ...

We see update after update based on player feedback on the classes and their power levels. These updates and tweaks just never seem to hit the spot, although they often do remove severe imbalances, granted (read GF reflect build, TR Lurkers Assault). I ask the devs to take a different approach to game balance in terms of our PvP:

Do not by any means base class tweaks on disgruntled players. Take their concerns on board, but base your final decision on first hand testing! I know you guys have a busy schedule and that you undoubtedly employ a QA team, but they just aren't conveying all of the issues in their entirety as they occur. So once again, please find the time to dedicate an entire day per month (minimum) to playing against each other or vs PvP pro's. This, I hope, will go some way to creating a truer understanding between devs and players which will hopefully result in more refined PvP in the future.

Thanks for reading my thoughts. If you don't know me, I am a long time player and guide maker who has played PvP at the top level and I hope my opinion counts towards making Neverwinter a better game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Krass Mustang - GF
Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
Post edited by rapssodya on

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    i think they are already doing it! Results are the same unfortunately...
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Once a month? lol. They should, IMO, do PvP and PvE hours a day. They should have dedicated people for this, to see how life is at both ends, and tweak it accordingly
    Dr. Phil
  • rapssodyarapssodya Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    abecassis wrote: »
    Once a month? lol. They should, IMO, do PvP and PvE hours a day. They should have dedicated people for this, to see how life is at both ends, and tweak it accordingly

I was trying to keep things realistic here as i doubt they have time to do 'daily' testing in addition to actually coming up with new content and having lives outside of the game:P However, I really think they need to see this game through the eyes of the player. All they have to do is throw on best in slot gear, have one of each class spread over both 5 man teams and mess around with 1v1's. I'm sure they will spot inconsistencies in no time and fix them the right way.

Anyways, this feels a little like wish listing, but fortunately it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks this game needs more thorough testing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Krass Mustang - GF
    Diamond Krass Mustang - GWF
    Shadow Krass Mustang - TR
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Devs playing pvp are you serious? Haven't you seen how they were playing pvp last time in that week in which 5 days 1 hour per day pvp. They were clearly lame ducks. If you think that such a gameplay as they shown-no tactic just run around and get butchered by any random ****, will bring any good test to balance game-i wish you luck. They should have serious QA testers who have strong pvp chars and will test it. Devs have no clue about pvp, so i think no point for them going in pvp and be butchered by everyone cause it brings nothing.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They should have serious QA testers who have strong pvp chars and will test it.

They already have! Look at the awesome LoL guide (what an irony).
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    =They should have serious QA testers who have strong pvp chars and will test it. Devs have no clue about pvp, so i think no point for them going in pvp and be butchered by everyone cause it brings nothing.

The qa people were dreadful when they pvped on live too. Like they were playing non bis scrub characters but they were still fundamentally bad. Like totally crazy powers selected.
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seen Neverwinter game rank? It's almost non-existent. So anyone here plays WildStar?
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Seen Neverwinter game rank? It's almost non-existent. So anyone here plays WildStar?

You might want to read up on what's happening with Wildstar before you bring in another MMO as a way to threaten quitting Neverwinter as a disgruntled player.
    edited October 2014
    You might want to read up on what's happening with Wildstar before you bring in another MMO as a way to threaten quitting Neverwinter as a disgruntled player.

Show me links? I am fed-up with Cryptic's game balance and I was planning to get started this week.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    Show me links? I am fed-up with Cryptic's game balance and I was planning to get started this week.

Links to another game are really not appropriate here. Read up on the popular threads in the forums and on reddit the past 3 months
    edited October 2014