test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic, Calm your ....

eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
How about a module/major update every 6 months ?

It's impossible to keep up anymore.
Come back players will get dragged behind by months with all these boons and campaign challenges.

just when you thought you were catching up.........

Fix bugs, Balance Classes, but seriously.
Post edited by eatmearu on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Isn't it better than a game that gets no love..? *coughdiabloiii*
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »

Not feeling the love :c
  • eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2014

One word,
    Exhausting.
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It seems that module 5 is building up on module 4 using the same theme, setting and campaign window.
    This seems a great idea they can reuse a lot of resources because of this making room (hopefully) for other things like fixing issues.

So i am hoping module 6 brings something entirely new with a new area, mobs, campaign etc and module 7 would be an extension of that and included a lot of fixes, balance changes, new class etc.

So keep the 3 month shedule but we dont need a new area and a new set of daily's every module. A module would also be nice if bugs would be fixed and classes would be balanced and the game would be smoothed out a little.
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The problem is that the new content isn't really enjoyable. 90% of the content is just daily quests for making your character stronger, and the 10% has a new skirmish or dungeon that aren't too unique by design.

When the game offers you an opportunity to pay a certain fee to actually avoid content, and many players find that offer reasonable - You know there's something wrong with the content you add.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yoadoad wrote: »
    The problem is that the new content isn't really enjoyable. 90% of the content is just daily quests for making your character stronger, and the 10% has a new skirmish or dungeon that aren't too unique by design.

When the game offers you an opportunity to pay a certain fee to actually avoid content, and many players find that offer reasonable - You know there's something wrong with the content you add.

Yep, some people offer content you want to play for money, here although it's good that the content is free, you pay to not have to play it lol. They definitely need to make new content FUN.
  • eatmearueatmearu Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2014

This!
    It would have made "better" sense if those options were allowed to players who had a character in the same account with all boons/content unlocked in sharandar and dread ring.

#p2np
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is very true we need something fun that can be farmed and actually rewards you for time put in.
    They had a big focus on fun when the game launched. The game mechanics and fighting are still very fun to do.

But they made the content a grind/rng to keep you playing (the books are a great example of this).
    Free to play still seems very hard to balance between "just fun" and "how do we get money from them"

I hope to see that they listen and implement our feedback about the grind and rng in module 6 although that module may be already set in stone by now.
  • eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    keep the modules coming!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I believe that much of the release schedule is dictated by the IP holder for D&D as well, so the devs *must* release updates to coincide with what the owner of D&D sets forth, (Hasbro, in this case, IIRC).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • metatron53metatron53 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    yeah, release module 5 in january then 6 in may and 7 in september, like every 4 months.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I don't think the modules are coming out too fast. I think the DESIGN of the last module made it inconvenient for players (especially those with alts) to keep up with the dailies.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Asking the devs to stop making new stuff is the biggest and most absurd whine I never thought I would ever EVER see...and I hope I wont see it again.

LOL... please, play only one character... do the stuff you enjoy, forget the rest...

THEN if you feel you finished that character or got bored for a while, change and do with another, dont try to keep current all your characters it would only burn you out.

I, for one, enjoy much more this new "regular update" mode than the last year "yeah lets make ALL the stuff going live at once so everyone get bored of the game mid cycle."
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Last I checked Cryptic was under contractual obligation to pump out more mods, and that's what they're gonna do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forumgambittforumgambitt Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Quality > Quantity
    :\
  • johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014

This.
    I think what the game needs most content-wise is fun dungeons, maybe even a full-blown legendary level.
    What the game doesn't need is more dailies.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

This is the nub of the matter. Regardless of whether they're obliged to release X or Y mod around a certain date, making your game design so soul-crushing that people are paying not to play it is a bad sign. The fourth and fifth boon grinds in the Timers On Dragons campaign are unforgivably poorly-designed, too. People are dragging themselves through the grind with gritted teeth on one or two characters- which is so time-consuming that they often don't have time to do anything "fun" except at the weekend.

It is really important not to wring all of the fun out of a game, if you want people to keep playing it. Care should be taken to address this in mod 5, or the exodus will not just continue, but intensify.
  • landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    New campaigns are good if they are doable in a decent amount of time.
    The only exception sofar is the pvp campaign, which not gonna be finished for me in 2 years due to the gg npc kills.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    6 months would be fine if balancing and bigfixing would receive a major bump in return.

Would even be an upgrade to the current situation.
    One major BUT: We need raid content to fill the time.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Indeed.

But PW has a bad reputation for trying to squeeze as much money out of their players as they can. So I think we will only see even more pay to win and pay to avoid content. (I hope the latter doesn't become a thing in MMOs).

Which is too bad, because I do think they have or used to have a team who are very talented at what they do. The initial way Neverwinter worked and felt playing was awesome. And you could tell there was a lot of thought behind how the feats and powers worked together and how you could mix and match. Of course there was some issues, which is difficult to predict when introducing a new game, but the original design itself was well thought out.

Edited out brainfart, I blame early mornings
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    All this beautiful epic content and rewards, if only they'd provide a method to make content just as hard as newest content ..and reward us appropriately using the foundry.
  • luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They should seriously try to get some more high quality content out and not only boring daily grinds with a ton of recycled stuff.

In every module you have basically some (mostly well designed) areas that sure took a lot of effort and a ton of copy & paste quests that took probaly only a few minutes to create. On top of that they even copy & paste whole instanced areas (ghost storys anyone?) and just throw some enemy-groups in. That takes five minutes with the foundry and they surely use an better editor.
    I belive they only have level- and model-/texture-designers who also have to create the actual "content".

Also the whole daily concept starts to get very annoying since it basically is always the same. Do all available daily-quests, click on a button to progress, wait 24h, repeat. Wow.