test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lower Level PvP

cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
If you thought maxed level PvP was ****ed then you need to take a look at these lower brackets. After looking you might began to realize why the PvP community is so small. Keep the weapons but make it so that weapon enchants and armor enchants have a Lvl 60 requirement.

If this is your way of showing love to veterans who want to PvP to 60 then you're coming about it all wrong. Especially when the community is already so small that during those lower brackets you get the same people with/against you each time. Imagine ending up with a Lvl. 55 wizard (enough time to max SS, IR, EOTS, IK) With your own 55 (insert class here) with 17k HP, now imagine them with a P. Vorpal equipped.

I mentioned this once already in a previous post and it's sad that nothing has been done about it. I'm not going to lie, I've definitely have done these things every once in a while when I get pissed at getting killed in 2 shots by someone who does it all the time... But do as I say not as I do
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah it sucks at low levels, I tried playing pvp normally at low levels but gave in and started using Greater plaguefire and rank 8s and leveling gear, unfortunately you have to or get stomped by others doing it.

I think weapon enhancements and rank 7+ enchants should be level 60 only even though this will nerf my 2 characters I am currently leveling.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yea, this is bad for new players:

This should be like:

LvL 1->29:
    Max Rank 4 and Lesser.

LvL 30->49:
    Max Rank 6 and Normal.

LvL 50->59:
    Max Rank 8 and Greater.

LvL 60: Everything unlocked.

I don't know why they let people roflstomp new players who are giving a try on the game.
  • Options
    aderonzaderonz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It is realy a complicated situation i'd say they should make refiners scales with level instead of caping what rank can be used
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    aderonz wrote: »
    It is realy a complicated situation i'd say they should make refiners scales with level instead of caping what rank can be used

Ofcourse they can if it balances it. I would make armor and wep enchants not work in <60 pvp and every other enchant act as rank 5 that is above. Low level pvp should be about learning to play pvp and not about who got biggest gear.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    wolhaiksong332wolhaiksong332 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 107
    edited October 2014
    Ofcourse they can if it balances it. I would make armor and wep enchants not work in <60 pvp and every other enchant act as rank 5 that is above. Low level pvp should be about learning to play pvp and not about who got biggest gear in their pants.

What difference would it make? The people getting stomped aren't going to magically have perfect weapon enchants when they hit sixty. Really nothing will change.
  • Options
    nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SERIOUSLY how long does it take to get 3 boons go to IWD and get farm bracers ? Get 4x Black Ice Piece and get the hammer, 3 purple artifacts and you should be okay. You don't need 1 AD to what I just said. In 3 months time (or less) you can achieve all this and get to 17k+ GS without blinking or spending $1.

You can get to level 60 in 1-2 weeks (maximum).
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Yea, this is bad for new players:

This should be like:

LvL 1->29:
    Max Rank 4 and Lesser.

LvL 30->49:
    Max Rank 6 and Normal.

LvL 50->59:
    Max Rank 8 and Greater.

LvL 60: Everything unlocked.

I don't know why they let people roflstomp new players who are giving a try on the game.
    I would actually make it as:

LvL 1->29:
    Max Rank 3.

LvL 30->49:
    Max Rank 5.

LvL 50->59:
    Max Rank 7.

There is little need to restrict weapon and armor enchants. Weapon enchants scale down heavily to your level. Armor enchants don't come into effect until the mid-50s
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    What difference would it make? The people getting stomped aren't going to magically have perfect weapon enchants when they hit sixty. Really nothing will change.

Nor did I, but I think in a month or month and half I had both lesser enchants and 15k GS and I did pretty ok. I was actually much better at playing my character in pvp back then as anything getting near me meant death. Now I have become lazy. I have always been on Overlord/Invincible Overlord slot since past 60, so it is not impossible.

For example CW with lesser wep enachnt vs CW with perfect enchant (anything but Vorp) has about equal chance in one vs one situation with similar builds. It is all about who strikes first, a bit of luck with rolls and how well you have learned your combo/dodge routines.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nezraal wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY how long does it take to get 3 boons go to IWD and get farm bracers ? Get 4x Black Ice Piece and get the hammer, 3 purple artifacts and you should be okay. You don't need 1 AD to what I just said. In 3 months time (or less) you can achieve all this and get to 17k+ GS without blinking or spending $1.

You can get to level 60 in 1-2 weeks (maximum).

For second character about 2 weeks or so. Getting the gauntlets is much harder thanks to rare and hard to spot epic encounters in IWP, but it doesn't matter if you buy the cheapest purple level 60 items and start gathering the pvp set. With Draconic set pieces being among the cheapest, you can get 2+2 (profound+draconic) set quite fast.

First character is another story, it takes quite much longer. Still there shouldn't be any hurry as you can't expect to get golden carriages two weeks after you have been born, or some perhaps can but even more reason to learn some patience...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I would actually make it as:

LvL 1->29:
    Max Rank 3.

LvL 30->49:
    Max Rank 5.

LvL 50->59:
    Max Rank 7.

There is little need to restrict weapon and armor enchants. Weapon enchants scale down heavily to your level. Armor enchants don't come into effect until the mid-50s

Actually the difference between 2 levels of enchants is quite small. The perfect vorpal enchants since level 10 are the real problem, as the dragonic weps allow them since start and cost very little and scale to level.

Easiest still would be to simply make all past level 5 enchants to work as level 5 until you reach level 60 and make wep and armor enchants not work at all until 60.
  • Options
    metatron53metatron53 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    more like this;
    Lvl 1-29: Ranks 1-6 enchants (no weapon/armor enchant)
    Lvl 30-59: Ranks 7-9 incl. weapon and armor enchants

enchant ranks should have been like this; Legendary>Perfect>Greater>Normal>shard (10-9-8-7) orange, purple, etc. colors
    lesser enchant shouldnt exist at all
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    metatron53 wrote: »
    more like this;
    Lvl 1-29: Ranks 1-6 enchants (no weapon/armor enchant)
    Lvl 30-59: Ranks 7-9 incl. weapon and armor enchants

enchant ranks should have been like this; Legendary>Perfect>Greater>Normal>shard (10-9-8-7) orange, purple, etc. colors
    lesser enchant shouldnt exist at all

Where is a new player supposed to get Greater armor/wep and R9s by the time they are in their 50s?

NO.

Low level PvP should allow no more than what is dropping in low level content.

- maximum Rank 4 enchants.
    - NO armor, NO weapon enchants at all
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nah, low level scumbag pvp is an education for new players in how end game pvp works. You spends your money on gigantic quantity of money to even bother turning up. Don't want to spend money or wern't around since beta? Time to get wrecked. Better that they learn early than get it into their heads that they have a chance.
  • Options
    metatron53metatron53 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    new players should play pve first and pvp -dailies- only
    also its easy to enchant dem stones til rank 7 without spending ad so they should do that
    after that they need to buy zen and exchange it to ad so they can get dem weapon/armor enchants

then pas they should make a character for pvp..

how about this..
    PVP
    Lvl 10-19: Rank 1-4 (no weapon/armor enchant also no lowl lvl epic items)
    Lvl 20-59: Rank 5-7 normal weapon/armor enchant incl epic items
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    metatron53 wrote: »
    new players should play pve first and pvp

pvp for a new player is Lambs to the slaughter. You reach level 10, poof, a quest appears, you accept and get teleported to some unknown place, the screen displays that you're now lvl 19.
    And the red team, actual lvl 19s with their legendaries, is here droolng.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    pvp for a new player is Lambs to the slaughter. You reach level 10, poof, a quest appears, you accept and get teleported to some unknown place, the screen displays that you're now lvl 19.
    And the red team, actual lvl 19s with their legendaries, is here droolng.

Except for one small fact you are ignoring - you can have a max of 1 legendary before level 60 pvp. And that is the artifact. Others require you to unlock the additional artifact slots @ 60 plus ranking up both the main hand and belt. Well technically I guess you have to rank up the artifacts too.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's