test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Single target DPS at-will?

dnn259dnn259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Library
Hello everyone. What is the best single target DPS at-will for Spellstorm including storm spell proc as well as feats. I have heard that Ray of frost, despite low damage and no supported feat, has the highest single target DPS due to the fact that for some reason, it procs more storm spell than other at-wills.
Any thoughts?
Edit: Single target/boss fight only, guys. Chilling Cloud is undoubtedly the best when it comes to AOE.
Post edited by dnn259 on

Comments

• xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Chilling cloud could arguably be good if you feat into frozen power transfer. 1-5% bonus damage to your other encounters per target hit with its 3rd strike. otherwise, MM is good for arcane stacks if you need them for your encounters.. aside from that ray of frost wins out right now due to storm spell.

• chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    abbadon did this test in the CW testing thread, please see his results there.
  • dnn259dnn259 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    can you please give me the link to that thread? the only testing thread ive seen is "CW testing" by pointsman. Thank you, chem!
    edited October 2014
    xen1912 wrote: »
    Chilling cloud could arguably be good if you feat into frozen power transfer. 1-5% bonus damage to your other encounters per target hit with its 3rd strike. otherwise, MM is good for arcane stacks if you need them for your encounters.. aside from that ray of frost wins out right now due to storm spell.

Thanks for your reply. ray of frost seems to proc more storm spell for me as well for unknown reason.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here you go.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?772771-CW-Testing&p=9206341&viewfull=1#post9206341

Basically, it doesn't really matter which one you use. They're all competitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Here you go.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?772771-CW-Testing&p=9206341&viewfull=1#post9206341

Basically, it doesn't really matter which one you use. They're all competitive.
    thank you very much for your testing, abaddon. it's been bugging me a lot haha
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, arcane missile is the best, since it's by far the best artifact weapon for pve (best stats and bonus, no contest).
    It also boost steal time with arcane mastery :)

I was pretty sure it was still the best single target spell even after mod 4 but you confirm it. Nice.