test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback to Improve PvP!

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hi folks!

I have like 5 toons and growing lol, now i only have the nerves to play PVP with my CW, she is strong and can carry even a bad (not utterly bad) team upon her little shoulders, but all my other toons are simply too weak to do it, they don't have that kind of CC, like the CW and the CW is good in any way, right out of the box, where some other classes are hopeless or need a huge amount of AD or ZEN to iron things out.

I am asking for:

- GS limit, whatever your stats say, these are only numbers, if you, the Devs would come down and play a normal PUG match, you would see, that it really matters, sure it won't replace skills, but no one will tell me, that a fresh 60 is so good at PVP, like a 15k+ full bark shield, perfect vorpal or bile thorn, fully Black Ice geared veteran

Now most matches are so one sided, that being on any side, for us PUG players mostly the loosing side, is a pain, no fun, but i think some decent pro players would agree too, that slaughtering easy targets is no fun either. Look in life the wildcats attack only the living animals, no challenge to kill an already dead animal.

- Gear limit, i explained this in the first point too

- Artifact disabling, many players abuse now some special artifacts in PVP

- some combination with BI gear, glyphs and artifacts should be disabled, they are simply too strong, they can easily 1 shot a player.

- better monitoring of the players, most matches are full of bots, cheaters, hackers...
Today i had more matches where the enemy could come up to campfire, not by his person, but his spells, we were standing up from respawn and bang damaged right away, squishier chars dead again. Another fine thing was, when a Warlock was using his dreadtheft through the wall. LOL

- the campfire warmers, many people only come for the AD and ruin the serious PVP lovers fun.
I don't have the privilege to be able to play in a premade team or guild and sadly most PUGs only come for the AD, they don't care if they win or loose, they will get it anyway. This could be solved by only giving glory and/or only giving AD for a won match, so no AD from Rhyx. From glory gear can be purchased and that would also give some AD.

- premade vs PUGs, no comment...

- an in game Mod or Admin, who would have a virtual place, like Guild Bank, where you could report exploits right away and of course the Admin could act fast. To give an example, i heard a brawl between two PVP players in Chat, the exploiter was very confident, he said: "No police force here and no Grand-Ma's!" Obviously he meant, he can do whatever he wants, no in game Mod or Admin, who would ban him!

- and at last, but not least, the Traitors, as i call them. I had more matches, where known PVP players decided to go afk just to let the other team, mainly their guild mates or friends win. We had a guy, who was bragging about this in Zone Chat.

This is why i don't look up or down on anyone in the rankings, a ranking based on so many faults is pretty useless and i said it in my polite way. LOL

The Devs should just google a bit, the internet is full of ways to teach cheaters, how to hack the game, there are even some programs, that allow easy hacking! Or i have a better idea, they could just listen to PVP Zone Chat, some exploiters are so sure, they can do whatever they wish, that they openly brag about their methods! LOL I think something should be done quickly, it can't be, that so many honest players leave PVP or the game in hopelessness and the cheaters can go unpunished, this makes them feel even more invincible.
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on

Comments

• Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think in the end the best solution is to have several leagues and corresponding leaderboards.

Also to remove the AD rewards of the PvP quests and as compensation give the option to transfer glory for a certain amount of AD each day (like the 'refining' process). So these AD/daily farmers will get no glory when standing at the camp = no glory to transfer/refine to AD.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sad thing is there are not enough people pvping. A while ago they did have GS brackets but the wait time was like 30min so people cryed about it and we got what we have now. Enjoy your pvp of your own making because you (people in general) are to impatient and want pvp NOW.

This has made people stop pvping as its not fun queing to get stomped by 20k players while your are barely 10k for example. PvP in this can be fun when teams are fairly even which is very rare.

Sooo basically its vicious circle -

GS brackets implemented
    PvPers whine about que times
    GS brackets removed.
    Current PvP

Now people complain about unfair matchups...
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    cvk777cvk777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They will not do it. They will not give us GS based arena. Im sure the only thing they spotted in your post is " like the CW and the CW is good in any way, right out of the box, where some other classes are hopeless or need a huge amount of AD or ZEN to iron things out." and will soon announce CW nerfs..
  • Options
    spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Removing AD from PVP dailies would be bad.By making it only for fun it will turn into IWD open PVP zone.Sure the are ppl out there but only one or two.So getting ten ppl for one PVP match would take a lot longer.PVP would then be dominated by the topped geared ppl and you wouldn't be entering PVP for fun till you had 20k GS.As of now you can still get good matches, but making it the way your saying would kill it just like open would PVP.

It's been said so many time,but making a PVP Q for high geared player is the way to go.So if you want to PVP for fun with 20k gear and fight same LVL GS.

Most of the campfire warmers stay there because no point in fight someone with 20k GS when you have 13k or so.All you end up doing is feed them easy kills.Now you say " but i think some decent pro players would agree too, that slaughtering easy targets is no fun either."you can normal count them on one hand.A lot of high geared ppl go into pug match just to slaughter low geared ppl.I don't know how many times I've seen ppl ask for 1 on 1 or so and have all 5 gank them.

Traitors ,Yep seen them so many time of late.Had a fight where 3 of are team mates where the same guild as the one we where fighting.They set there and traded nods for the hole match,if me or the other tried to cap we was killed.One of them on are team I watched him climb the wall in Rivenscar Ruins at nod 2.He went from the bottom to the top just by jumping.
  • Options
    cvk777cvk777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Foundry PVP arena.. mmmaan id love that! I can see my CW rushing to bomb site on de_dust2!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi folks!

I have like 5 toons and growing lol, now i only have the nerves to play PVP with my CW, she is strong and can carry even a bad (not utterly bad) team upon her little shoulders, but all my other toons are simply too weak to do it, they don't have that kind of CC, like the CW and the CW is good in any way, right out of the box, where some other classes are hopeless or need a huge amount of AD or ZEN to iron things out.

I am asking for:

- GS limit, whatever your stats say, these are only numbers, if you, the Devs would come down and play a normal PUG match, you would see, that it really matters, sure it won't replace skills, but no one will tell me, that a fresh 60 is so good at PVP, like a 15k+ full bark shield, perfect vorpal or bile thorn, fully Black Ice geared veteran

Now most matches are so one sided, that being on any side, for us PUG players mostly the loosing side, is a pain, no fun, but i think some decent pro players would agree too, that slaughtering easy targets is no fun either. Look in life the wildcats attack only the living animals, no challenge to kill an already dead animal.

- Gear limit, i explained this in the first point too

- Artifact disabling, many players abuse now some special artifacts in PVP

- better monitoring of the players, most matches are full of bots, cheaters, hackers...
    Today i had more matches where the enemy could come up to campfire, not by his person, but his spells, we were standing up from respawn and bang damaged right away, squishier chars dead again. Another fine thing was, when a Warlock was using his dreadtheft through the wall. LOL

- the campfire warmers, many people only come for the AD and ruin the serious PVP lovers fun.
    I don't have the privilege to be able to play in a premade team or guild and sadly most PUGs only come for the AD, they don't care if they win or loose, they will get it anyway. This could be solved by only giving glory and/or only giving AD for a won match, so no AD from Rhyx. From glory gear can be purchased and that would also give some AD.

- premade vs PUGs, no comment...

- and at last, but not least, the Traitors, as i call them. I had more matches, where known PVP players decided to go afk just to let the other team, mainly their guild mates or friends win. We had a guy, who was bragging about this in Zone Chat.

This is why i don't look up or down on anyone in the rankings, a ranking based on so many faults is pretty useless and i said it in my polite way. LOL

this idea is what we are asking since months:
    the assumption is that high geared people dont have fun playing vs pugs.
    the devs should create ROOMS where you enter and wait for other people to join that room.
    high geared ones would play vs high geared ones.
    let the players create the matchmaking is the game is not able to.
    And like league of legends it would be fun if other people would be able to watch the fight as spectators to learn something in the best scenario.

this + 2-3 map more would be a whole awesome new module
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    which would lead us back to the "lets exploit the system to increase score and farm stuff again" - as the past shows honor can only be found in very few PvP players.
    Exploiting is still possible today, but much easier if you can set up your matches.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    which would lead us back to the "lets exploit the system to increase score and farm stuff again" - as the past shows honor can only be found in very few PvP players.
    Exploiting is still possible today, but much easier if you can set up your matches.

exploiting what?
    glory? what are you supposed to do with glory?
    leaderboard? does it give something to be high in leaderboard?

it s easier to fix these problems (if they really are) rather than the matchmaking
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    I think in the end the best solution is to have several leagues and corresponding leaderboards.

Also to remove the AD rewards of the PvP quests and as compensation give the option to transfer glory for a certain amount of AD each day (like the 'refining' process). So these AD/daily farmers will get no glory when standing at the camp = no glory to transfer/refine to AD.

And when you are four times in a row in the losing party getting whacked then what? You just spent 1-2 hours in a matches where you gained very little to no glory, when the crushing party crushed everyone who even thought of coming out of the base. Sounds like you are trying to fix a problem making tons of new, as such unreliable way would make running skirmishes and dungs for raw AD much more predictable and fast, not even mention more enjoyable now that you don't need to run the eternity lasting DV anymore.

I would stop PVPing in a heartbeat without the AD incentive (after I've farmed the profound gear for a new char).
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    this idea is what we are asking since months:
    the assumption is that high geared people dont have fun playing vs pugs.
    the devs should create ROOMS where you enter and wait for other people to join that room.
    high geared ones would play vs high geared ones.
    And like league of legends it would be fun if other people would be able to watch the fight as spectators to learn something in the best scenario.

this + 2-3 map more would be a whole awesome new module

+1

This has been an eternity question why is there no way to challenge opposing teams or even single players to 1v1. Shouldn't be too hard to make, but such matches usually can't give too much benefits other than the pleasure or they will be sure way for exploiting.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Not gonna happen. This is an MMORPG. Gear will be a big part of PVP. Also, you realize that they've been introducing more and more gear like glyphs right?

Suddenly you expect them to completely reverse course and remove gear from staple game modes?

Play an FPS if gear-based PVP isn't your thing. You will not find it here or in most MMORPGs and asking for change in this regard is futile
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Not gonna happen. This is an MMORPG. Gear will be a big part of PVP. Also, you realize that they've been introducing more and more gear like glyphs right?

Suddenly you expect them to completely reverse course and remove gear from staple game modes?

Play an FPS if gear-based PVP isn't your thing. You will not find it here or in most MMORPGs and asking for change in this regard is futile

No, you didn't understand me/us, i don't want gear to be removed, just let the equally geared people fight it out, not a 6k or/and a 20k, like many PUG matches are today. Where is here the fun if you are together with a lower geared team mate(s) and have to give up, even before the match has started, because you already know, you and your team have lost it and have to stay for the rest of the game at campfire, just to avoid farming death. I am not a top geared player, just like to PVP, but for me it's no fun either, if i am at the opposite (winning) side, slaughtering the poor guys and then waiting like 8-10 minutes juts to get the win- nonsense.

With many new players coming out especially now, with their warlocks and seeing them with 6-9k running around ruins things. Let them play but in their own league, so they can have fun, but don't bring down the match.

And as above said, let the ranking show your league not the overall, from 6k to over 20K. This ranking shows what? Well everything, but nothing.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Hi my fellow players!

Today i did give it another chance during PVP hour.

This was now far worse than a bad joke, our entire 5 man team killed by a HR, we were shooting and attacking him, with everything we got, not a scratch. Hilarious!

In PVP zone chat some players were talking how they hack their char and use different editors to modify it.

1 of my team mates said he reports the exploiter, he did, so did i in the last few months, many, nothing, they are all here and ruining the game. I know they bring in huge amount of money to PVP, just to buy those fancy stuff on day 1, but wouldn't it be better to get rid of a these exploiters and cheaters or whatever you wanna call them and let the entire community enjoy the game again.

Customer Support should act! All the cheaters i have reported are there in the game, no one was banned.

In current state PVP is a playground for cheaters and 9 out of 10 matches are either full of cheaters or premade vs PUG or 6-10k vs 20k+ Confused!

It's like sports, where the one who doesn't use something illegal, has no chance to even climb the mountain with the peloton. (Sorry i used to cycle and their it was the same. lol)

In my guild out of nearly 500, there are only 2, including me, who occasionally play PVP, not even the AD reward is luring them anymore and since Icewind Dale gives more artifacts, the Raven Skull isn't so needed anymore too. But i had a chat with other players as well, who are guild leaders, same there, they are at least on stand by or even worse...
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sad thing is there are not enough people pvping. A while ago they did have GS brackets but the wait time was like 30min so people cryed about it and we got what we have now. Enjoy your pvp of your own making because you (people in general) are to impatient and want pvp NOW.

I am quite sure this was a different bug, since the matches were no different. And a better matchmaking/leaderboard system would also attract more people.
    And when you are four times in a row in the losing party getting whacked then what? You just spent 1-2 hours in a matches where you gained very little to no glory, when the crushing party crushed everyone who even thought of coming out of the base. Sounds like you are trying to fix a problem making tons of new, as such unreliable way would make running skirmishes and dungs for raw AD much more predictable and fast, not even mention more enjoyable now that you don't need to run the eternity lasting DV anymore.

I would stop PVPing in a heartbeat without the AD incentive (after I've farmed the profound gear for a new char).

With custom leagues/rooms and leaderboards or a GS matchmaking you would very likely have better matches in which you gain enough glory. Even if you lose you can get glory. If you still dont get enough glory you simply do more than 4 matches. Personally I do alot more than 4 matches each day when I have time, because I do it for fun. If you did it before only to get the AD, then PvP wasnt the right place for you anyways.

What I have suggested is exactly this: To keep those players out of the matches who sit only at the camp for the dailies or jump down only when they see that the other teammates are competent. This will increase the quality of the matches significantly and very likely also gain more players because of that.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    What I have suggested is exactly this: To keep those players out of the matches who sit only at the camp for the dailies or jump down only when they see that the other teammates are competent. This will increase the quality of the matches significantly and very likely also gain more players because of that.
    And what it will also do is remove all those players who give PvP a try because of the AD reward, find they enjoy it, and become regular PvPers. I'd expect no net gain and most likely a loss of players.

PvP in MMORPGs has a VERY bad name among the wider community. People need an incentive to try it out. The AD rewards are that incentive.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    rokinho986rokinho986 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can it be so hard to program an algorithm that takes 10 random ppl and forms 2 teams of approximate gs avarage? At least that, cmon...
  • Options
    gu3stogu3sto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No for brackets, stop elitism. Young adepts of pvp must learn how to fight. And the best teacher is a practice under the watchful supervision of veterans.
    Better idea is cap stats like critical strike was done - as i remember 3200. Limit rest of stats.. why not
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gu3sto wrote: »
    No for brackets, stop elitism. Young adepts of pvp must learn how to fight. And the best teacher is a practice under the watchful supervision of veterans.
    Better idea is cap stats like critical strike was done - as i remember 3200. Limit rest of stats.. why not

Because stats are not everything. Weapon damage, Rank 10s, Leg artifacts, glyphs, all break the game for newbies.

However.

You want newbies to "train" under the watchful eye of the veterans, right?

This is a great idea.

Let's first strip the veterans off their gear though, to ensure their watchful eye doesn't one-shot-laser-beam the newbie :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    And what it will also do is remove all those players who give PvP a try because of the AD reward, find they enjoy it, and become regular PvPers. I'd expect no net gain and most likely a loss of players.

PvP in MMORPGs has a VERY bad name among the wider community. People need an incentive to try it out. The AD rewards are that incentive.

I can tell for myself that I never started PvP because of the dailies. I did it simply for fun already in other games and the main reason is that it is more challenging to fight humans than the AI. At some point I simply get bored in fighting AI. Getting glory and turning this to AD can be incentive enough for those who want to get some AD IMO.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Let's first strip the veterans off their gear though, to ensure their watchful eye doesn't one-shot-laser-beam the newbie :)

Very good idea! I know a few so called PROs, who are simply <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in a "boring" PVE dungeon. I have asked a few, after we played to come with me to a Dungeon, well 90% didn't come, the rest was usually under performing. Looks like without their precious PVP gear they weren't always so PRO. LOL

Gear and the other shiny stuff does make a huge difference, that's why we would need GS based PVP!

I for my self would love to fight a PRO with the same starting gear, no fancy glyphs and artifacts, like my 5th toon has.;) That would be fair and this isn't a groundbreaking idea, let's just see car racing, they have the manufacturer races as well, same car, only driver is different. This would show skills better, than a big wallet does!
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    critorisauruscritorisaurus Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think everyone can agree that the most fun pvp matches are balanced between 2 similarly geared teams that go back and forth on the scoreboard and the winner is determined in the last few minutes. But it's hard to balance the teams properly without having very long queue times. So Cryptic needs to balance the teams artificially. I would suggest a buff for the team that's losing to help them stay in the game, and keep the match competitive. Something like this:

Enemy team down by this many points (+dmg buff and -dmg taken)

0-100 (0%)
    100-200 (5%)
    200-300 (10%)
    300-400 (15%)

etc...

So if it's close, there's no buff either way. But for every 100 points that the enemy team is down beyond the first 100, they would gain a buff that increases their damage by 5%, and decrease their damage taken by 5%. This wouldn't be enough to save a team of 10ks from a group of 20ks, but it would help teams that are a little closer in gear to have a competitive back and forth match. This would also help people stuck on a losing team to at least be able to get some kills with the buff and fight to hold their home node while losing the game instead of just sitting in the campfire.

Obviously the exact % would need to be tested, 5% might be too much or too little. But that's the general idea.
  • Options
    cynogeniccynogenic Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to be radical in my suggestion... since I assume a whole lot of PvP problems is because of the gear. So why not make a separate equipment slot for free PvP gear that is given to you and will only be used when in PvP? (I wish I could reference a game here because thats where I'm getting my ideas at). For example, they would hand out free PvP gear, with like different sets with different varying stats. PvP artifacts free too. Free PvP enchantments with different effects/stats. All this free gear will go into your PvP equipment slot, completely isolated from your PvE gear (meaning that its stats won't affect monsters or PvE at all). It would only apply in PvP. Also since free PvP gear would be handed, make everyone que'd for PvP instant 60.

So what I'm basically getting at, the pros of what i think this suggestion does is
    -Eliminates being overwhelmed by high GS people.
    -Trying to get gear to survive more in PvP is no longer a problem.
    -Everything is skilled based now and not gear based.
    -Everyone is now on the same playing field. You are now judged on skill and the right choices of the free pvp Gear/Enchants/Etc you come up with.
    -Since everyone gets to instant 60 when que'n for PvP. Que times are lessen drastically.
    -Instant access to immediate PvP.

Now the cons of what I think
    -Lack of rewards since PvP gear is free. They could in turn grant special mounts/companions/costumes etc as rewards.
    -People who worked for the top-end pvp gear could be upset if this happens. (I have bits of Profound pvp gear on my TR which i'll fess up if it means everyone is on the same playing field as me)
    -Implementation could lead to certain "chain-of-changes", ie. IWD and its PvP aspect as well as black ice gear might change
    -People with the old PvP gear is now useless (they could change it into T2 gear or costumes or some other gear).
    -Potential increase in campfire afk'ers since everyone can do PvP.
    -Leaderboard re-work
    -Social problems
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cynogenic wrote: »
    So why not make a separate equipment slot for free PvP gear that is given to you and will only be used when in PvP?

Because this game thrives off player frustration, and expects you to buy better stuff when you cannot endure getting stomped anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Because this game thrives off player frustration, and expects you to buy better stuff when you cannot endure getting stomped anymore.

Exactly, what is sad, but true! You will either quit PVP, if your wallet is small or you will pay a lot to keep yourself competitive and have "fun".
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You will either quit PVP, if your wallet is small or you will pay a lot to keep yourself competitive and have "fun".

Or you can troll them. My perma red-b1-contester TR has 2,9k gs. All white gear.
    With this said, apart from TR I can not think of another troll class with deliberately low gs and still some fun/efficiency in pvp. Maybe a white-geared CW with a CC-oriented build who would keep gwfs under control forever because the damage is so low that unstoppable can never trigger.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    Or you can troll them. My perma red-b1-contester TR has 2,9k gs. All white gear.
    With this said, apart from TR I can not think of another troll class with deliberately low gs and still some fun/efficiency in pvp. Maybe a white-geared CW with a CC-oriented build who would keep gwfs under control forever because the damage is so low that unstoppable can never trigger.

Very true indeed. The perma build is the ultimate troll build. It was discovered by some players, that the TR combat build could be tweaked so it can become a perma and we are still waiting for the Devs to see some solution to it. Yeah it is the only build, which can break the GS boundaries easily, but if you are on the other side, it can be the ultimate pain and game breaker. Experienced some fights, where a premade team had 2 or 3 of them, instant fail on the other side.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nice thought, never happen. Cryptic made pvp an arms race and either you know how to make enough ad to keep up or you pay money to keep up. You don't want to spend well then you are fodder for the people who know better or the wallet warriors. And lets not kid ourselves, a lot of the wallet warriors do enjoy pug stomping, like a lot. The basic idea is you pay to start a chess game where the other guy is down half the pieces before a single move.

Better not get comfortable with a class either. Its going to get nerfed and some other class is going to somehow get absurdly strong by accident.