test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Smolder must not proc Assiliant, Elemental Empowerment, etc.

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I think the title is self-explanatory...
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bajornorbertbajornorbert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would be nice if you could post some evidence that it actually does that. As far as i can tell, the Assailant & Elemental Empowerment is proc'd by the power that proc'd Smolder. Smolder is a class mechanic like Lesser Curses are, afaik they don't proc anything esp not EE, which can be only proc'd by Cold & Arcane attack, while Smolder is a fire attack.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Creeping Frost and Warped Magics proc Assailant too.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014
    At least smolder doesn't proc red glyph... otherwise I'd respec to MoF for sure
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You kill smolder and you completely destroy MoF CW. It's like removing blades from HRs, Marks from GFs, Unstoppable from GWFs.... You get my point. Smolder works perfectly the way it is right now. Your focus should be on SWs getting the nerf hammer, TRs getting their desperate rework, HRs getting the nerf hammer....
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Omg PLEASE leave MOF CW's out of this, they're not bothering anybody, lol.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    oks, wait, i will make the video on preview. :)

EDIT: Video

http://youtu.be/qIGGxy9Zp9E

Assailant is procced by any damage. Just went back and read the feat description. So that's WAI, and comparing a capstone feat to a T1 feat is pointless.

Warped Magic. I need to do some testing, but i haven't seen the log, i suppose that warped magic was proc'd by Elven Ferocity (Sharandar T4 boon), since that deals arcane damage and Warped magic is activated by arcane magic, while elven ferocity can be activated by any damage.

So yeah, so far this looks like another nerf CW thread, esp since it's in the Gameplay forum instead of the Bug reports forum.

Edit:
    Testing done. What's proc'ing Warped Magic is Assailant, since that does arcane damage. So the capstone feat can indeed proc another feat, but the smolder can't.

Here are the logs and feats:
    Elemental Empowerment + Assailant
    Elemental Empowerment, no Assailant
    No Assailant feats (during the EE+As test, it was the same, but with As feated)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Updated my prev post with logs.
  • Options
    letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I reported the FI bug minutes after mod 4 release http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?730011-Furious-Immolation&p=8708461#post8708461 but NO ONE NOTICE. Cause 99% of CW who only cares about DPS are all Storm, that was fix a few months after, it was good and all but no one really cares about it even though its quite game breaking. Now here you are, what to make with this thread? Why not put it on Bug Report Sub-Forum stead of here? since you Really want to be "CONSTRUCTIVE". PvP CW are mostly storm, PVE CW are composed of DPS Storm CW. You rarely see an MoF CW in High Duns or High End PVP. You want us to play Storm?
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o