What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elven Battle Enchants

refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
:)

Hi,

The last time I looked at these on the AH, I was sure they said you get a bonus to resist Slow effects - pfffff, thought I. Big Whoop!

But I picked up a few Shards in Sharandar (IIRC) and they say a Lesser gives you a 50% bonus to resisting Slow AND Immobilise effects.

So that means a 50% bonus to resisting most Crowd Control effects, like Slow, Stun, Daze, Freeze, Rooted etc?

The Perfect gives you a 150% bonus. But my Tiefling has NO CC resistance at all on her gear or in the character info screen - even though she has 10% CC Resist from her WIS score and also a Sylph companion which grants a 50% bonus - but I don't think it works at all as I get frozen, stunned and dazed a LOT.

SO, do you have to have a race that gives a CC Resist bonus for these enchants to work? 150% of 0 is zero, which seems to be what the Sylph is doing for me.

And if you have a Racial 10% CC Resist, plus 10% from WIS, plus a perfect Elven Battle Enchant, do you get a base 20% plus a 150% bonus for a total of 50% Resistance to Slow and Immobilise?

Cheers!

Post edited by refracted0dawn on

Comments

• Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Elven battle is bad.

Elven battle doesn't work at perfect and hasn't since Sharandar release.

Elven battle is literally not worth it

/Thread
  • Options
    chihuabchihuab Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2014
    Does not reduce CC duration of icy ray, entangling force and freeze. Absolute trash.
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    It has no reason for existing except for its aesthetic value.
    If only we can change/transmute soulforge/other armor enchantments look with this elven battle... :(
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    It has no reason for existing except for its aesthetic value.

Just like the 90% of all the Weapon and Armor enchantments :).
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As far as I can tell it's working as it's intended.

To my knowledge, the formula is

CT = K* 100/(100 + CR%)

Where CR% is the control resist. I believe perfect is 200, so that would reduce the effects to 1/3 of their duration.

Side note, looks pretty cool:

tumblr_nc887fanK51tj8o3do2_1280.jpg
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well entangling force is more of a stun than an immoblize, same with freeze. Icy rays is the only actual root/immoblize.

If this is to be tested, they need to be tested on the actual abilities they state.

Not so fast = Slow
    Deft strike = slow
    Grasping roots = root/immoblize ( current, old grasping roots worked much different)
    Icy Rays = Root/immoblize
    Icy Terrain (freeze stacks) = Slow ( only the freeze stacks themselves are slows. The freeze effect is a stun)

(also in recent patch it was stated that Icy Rays is now affected by CC bonus and resist. So it wasnt being affected by neither before anyway )
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So a Stun or a Daze is not a Slow effect?

Even though your keyboard is locked out and you cannot dodge or run and can move only very, very slowly?

I think the Devs need a dictionary. :rolleyes:

At least Prone is gone.

I was hoping that that maybe a Perfect Elven would be better for my Halfling DC - I mean, the worst thing in PvP is the Stun/Daze/Slow/Freeze/Rooted, even more so than the damage. So 10% Racial CC Resist plus 14% from WIS, plus maybe an Artifact, then the Perfect Elven increases it by 150%. So 24% becomes 60% CC Resist.

If only, if only....

I don't mind getting wiped by someone better than me if she has a good fight - but being able to do absolutely SOD ALL for 5 seconds until she is dead is no fun at all.

"Wow! Look at me!! I press this button, then THIS button, then THIS button and hold THIS button down, and you are totally defenseless until you are DEAD! Oh, what a skillful player am I! ♪ ♫ ♪ Oh, I am doing the Dance of Skill, with my hands in the air like I just don't care, I'm a Boogie-Woogie-Doogie-Googie OP CW/GWF! Oh, I'm too skillful for my Vorpal, too skillful for my keyboard, too skillful for my mouse!!
    Oh, I'm too skillful for my shirt, too skillful for my armour, too skillful for my sword!!" ♫ ♪ ♫
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So a Stun or a Daze is not a Slow effect?

Even though your keyboard is locked out and you cannot dodge or run and can move only very, very slowly?

I think the Devs need a dictionary. :rolleyes:

At least Prone is gone.

I was hoping that that maybe a Perfect Elven would be better for my Halfling DC - I mean, the worst thing in PvP is the Stun/Daze/Slow/Freeze/Rooted, even more so than the damage. So 10% Racial CC Resist plus 14% from WIS, plus maybe an Artifact, then the Perfect Elven increases it by 150%. So 24% becomes 60% CC Resist.

If only, if only....

I don't mind getting wiped by someone better than me if she has a good fight - but being able to do absolutely SOD ALL for 5 seconds until she is dead is no fun at all.

"Wow! Look at me!! I press this button, then THIS button, then THIS button and hold THIS button down, and you are totally defenseless until you are DEAD! Oh, what a skillful player am I! ♪ ♫ ♪ Oh, I am doing the Dance of Skill, with my hands in the air like I just don't care, I'm a Boogie-Woogie-Doogie-Googie OP CW/GWF! Oh, I'm too skillful for my Vorpal, too skillful for my keyboard, too skillful for my mouse!!
    Oh, I'm too skillful for my shirt, too skillful for my armour, too skillful for my sword!!" ♫ ♪ ♫

No Daze and a stun are not slows. Stun incapacitates ( meaning you dont move at all. )) and Daze means you're disabled. You still move at normal speed but cant act. Prones are stuns with addition that you are incapable of deflecting and are not affected by CC bonus or resist.

The meanings of the words stands as they are defined. People just often mix them up to mean essentially the same thing when they are all are different mechanically.

I dont mind there being a few things you cannot resist. And able to mitigate the rest of control powers against you. The common problem is people implicate the value to resist these powers to apply too generally to everything that controls. Which doesnt work since everything controls differently.

(which makes sense for a fantasy game based on dnd, as magic spells would apply different effects than physical. Ex: Being rooted by ice and Being knocked on your face are two different acts of force. But I wont really get into that here. The gist of how the mechanics of controls work I stated above.)

Also for your problem of being controlled constantly and completely. there are ways around that, I know it can be annoying but there are ways around that, that every class has. Its something I've realized myself and discovered that many seem to over look, its quite simple. Theres a certain tactic to it, but every class does it differently, as they all work differently. I wont directly state it cause I dont want to just give it out to people. I much perfer people to figure out thier methods of play themselves. (its why I dont share my builds or character concepts with people really.) But I help in otherways, in tips or ingame. I used to get quite frustrated with CW's and the constant freeze and stuns they deliver before I can do anything, especially since this new mod. But I quickly discovered how to deal with them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    DC dodges can work sometimes, but once hit, that is the end of it.

And I absolutely cannot interrupt CW or HR and they are constantly interrupting my powers, even AFTER they have fired. That is a bug that needs to be fixed. Once the Might of Divine Magick has been unleashed, there is no force on Toril that can stop it.

Could you PM with the counters to CW?

• Options
    edited October 2014
    DC dodges can work sometimes, but once hit, that is the end of it.

And I absolutely cannot interrupt CW or HR and they are constantly interrupting my powers, even AFTER they have fired. That is a bug that needs to be fixed. Once the Might of Divine Magick has been unleashed, there is no force on Toril that can stop it.

Could you PM with the counters to CW?

So you're a cleric. And perhaps. I can talk to you ingame about counters yes.
    Also you can interrupt certain powers of thiers the same way. If you've ever dazed or CC'd a CW before they launched/exploded thier shard of endless avalanche. The same happens.

I pm'd you my ingame info to your inbox on the forums.