test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

19k vs 10k gs .. bad bad

anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
and here we go again ...

Me 19k gs and all members of my team are 10k gs ...

Personally very tired of it ... who is with me ?

P.S. an NO I can't carry them !
If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
Post edited by anatas07 on

Comments

• Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it takes the average elo so techincally it was fair since you make up for them sucking. neverwinter logic bro gotta deal with it
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Always been like that. You're lucky you got AT LEAST 10K GSers. And not 5-8K.

I've personally stopped PVPing (Only do it when there's the Lord's daily), it's way too frustrating at the moment.

There doesn't seem to be justice in Faerun which perhaps explains this unfair matchmaking : ]
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Never got destroyed by 3 19-21k HRs with legendary artifact equipment before plus they had a 19k CW with legendaries too. Not to mention everyone on team were 12k at highest, and a 5k SW.

The gear gap is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAAY to long! We're talking about human voyage to Mars LONG.
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Always been like that. You're lucky you got AT LEAST 10K GSers. And not 5-8K.

I've personally stopped PVPing (Only do it when there's the Lord's daily), it's way too frustrating at the moment.

There doesn't seem to be justice in Faerun which perhaps explains this unfair matchmaking : ]
    Not to mention those Glyphs...
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stop being elitist and just have fun. If you can't win because the other team outgears you, just do what you can to have fun and maybe get a few kills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    Stop being elitist and just have fun. If you can't win because the other team outgears you, just do what you can to have fun and maybe get a few kills.

Yea, let's pretend ELO system works fine and let's have fun :).
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zshikara wrote: »

Most of the time when one team outgears the other, the stronger team will base camp and focus the first person that drops down.

It's fine if there is a bit of varied gearscore, but pairing my 14.8k SW on a team of 6k-9k players and forcing us to face a team made up of people 17k-19k... That's just plain out of hand.
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My advice?
    Only PvP during the Bonus Glory Hours.
    The overall PvP population goes up, so it's not just Elites Vs. Beginners.
    You get WAY better odds at getting a decent match.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Is hard to have fun when you kill in 2 shots and then they stay in base ... and is hard to have fun when your score is many-2 and the others score is 0-many and all your team mates are going splat in 2-3 seconds.

Anyway, nothing to do when the general opinion is "get used to it and have fun"

Please close / delete the topic. Thanks !
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    Is hard to have fun when you kill in 2 shots and then they stay in base ... and is hard to have fun when your score is many-2 and the others score is 0-many and all your team mates are going splat in 2-3 seconds.

Anyway, nothing to do when the general opinion is "get used to it and have fun"

Please close / delete the topic. Thanks !

Take out some of your enchantments, or use a different gear setup. (a friend of mine whose GWF has 18k does that and it works) If you get 8k/9k gs people on your side, though... it is a different story and idk what to do about it.

I give you credit for wanting fair play, unlike the other 20k people who love to kill lowbies.

• Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There is relatively easy solution for PVP unfairness.
    Devs could create new type of PVP, where you have to choose 1 of pre-made gear sets upon entering PVP (for example for each class, there could be offensive, defensive, supports gear presets). Then everything will be about player skills/choices, not gear, because everyone will have relatively same gear.
    Unfortunately this will never happen, because there is no profit in it.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anatas07 wrote: »
    and here we go again ...

Me 19k gs and all members of my team are 10k gs ...

Personally very tired of it ... who is with me ?

P.S. an NO I can't carry them !
    If you're so upset with the matchmaking in the game then stop running PuGs. Find a community where you can put together premade teams to do whatevery the hell it is you're doing. When you PuG it's a roll of the dice and generally the only people running public queues are those who either don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about GS or don't have a community to run with.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Here's something to consider . . .

My TR has a GS of 14.4k. His damage has been decent for a TR. Recently, I was finally able to afford to buy a Perfect Vorpal on the AH for my weapon. With that equipped, my GS remained at 14.4k, but the damage I am dealing now is MUCH higher, since my critical chance is about 48%.

The bottom line is that GS is a good "general" measure, but there are some things in the game that do not affect GS but add power to the character that allow a lower GS person to compete.

I think the Ioun Stones are the same. You get some pretty awesome stat bonuses, but these are not reflected in your GS, as it remains unchanged.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    If you're so upset with the matchmaking in the game then stop running PuGs. Find a community where you can put together premade teams to do whatevery the hell it is you're doing. When you PuG it's a roll of the dice and generally the only people running public queues are those who either don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about GS or don't have a community to run with.

Another "If you hate getting stomped by BiS teams, form a BiS team and go stomp yourself some ****." post by someone who doesn't realize that it is no more fun to be on the premade team that slaughters the low gs team, than it is to be on the low GS team that gets slaughtered.

Just for future reference, telling people "If you can't beat em, join em." is not going to solve the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> matchmaking.
    More premades = less new pvp players over time, all it does is turn off new players to the pvp aspect of the game getting rolled over by pre mades as new 60s. Go ahead and say "Scrubs should have at least 13k gs before even queueing for a pvp match." and wonder again why pvp is dead.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    My advice?
    Only PvP during the Bonus Glory Hours.
    The overall PvP population goes up, so it's not just Elites Vs. Beginners.
    You get WAY better odds at getting a decent match.

I've made a different experience. If you play during bonus glory, many inexperienced or undergeared players join in order to make more glory with a few (painful) matches or try out pvp. I am usually grouped with them during these times and its horrible. Outside of the bonus times it is alot better.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    The people who say "Gear score doesn't matter" or "you can still have fun" clearly don't PvP, at least not on a daily basis...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Pre-made ? NO I do NOT enjoy shooting fishes in a barrel !

Anyway pre-made of 5 must be forced to face another pre-made of 5, not some pug, but this is another problem...
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Another "If you hate getting stomped by BiS teams, form a BiS team and go stomp yourself some ****." post by someone who doesn't realize that it is no more fun to be on the premade team that slaughters the low gs team, than it is to be on the low GS team that gets slaughtered.

Just for future reference, telling people "If you can't beat em, join em." is not going to solve the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> matchmaking.
    More premades = less new pvp players over time, all it does is turn off new players to the pvp aspect of the game getting rolled over by pre mades as new 60s. Go ahead and say "Scrubs should have at least 13k gs before even queueing for a pvp match." and wonder again why pvp is dead.

That is NOT what I am saying. What I am saying is that with the exception of greener than grass players - something a guy with a 19k+ GS clearly isn't - you know exactly what you're getting into when you go and queue into a PuG. A random group that runs the gamut guys who might not know their mouse from their keyboard to those so good they make you look like the aforementioned idiots that can't tell the difference between a mouse and a keyboard.

The fact that he's still running PuGs means he's got no right to complain about how it works in the manner he is.