test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Survey: Artifact weapons

davecheesedavecheese Member Posts: 170 Arc User
edited October 2014 in The Library
Hi fellow CWs - just a quick question on artifact weapons. If you could pick just one, which would be your primary choice?

To my mind, the Arcane Eye seems somewhat less useful than the others. If you PvP you'll want the Gelid Eye for faster freezing. If you're PvE, you'll want chilling cloud for mob clean up. I'm interested in other opinions though :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I'd take Gelid eye for PVP.

No competition in PVE anyways. You could clear anything nowadays with mediocre gear, mediocre enchants and a sub-optimal build.
  • Options
    crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i use magic missile more then rof in pvp
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Damage in PvP = base damage * (1+ Σ buffs %) * (1+ Σ booster debuff multipliers %) *(1 + RI % – DR% (including any effects from defensive boosts and defense debuff multipliers)) * (1- TeR %)

The TeR at the end is tenacity RI is resistance ignored and DR is damage resistance.

"f you fight naked, or have your entire DR penetrated by an attacker’s RI, you will always be taking full damage if TeR didn't exist. With tenacity you get 1% DR per % of TeR. "

So if you have enough arp to punch through damage resistance they will take the full damage. The magic missle one stacks arp heavily. Even without it reaching 30% resistance ignored is easy with corrupted ice gear. So like if a dude had 50% from defence and that gets reduced by 30% by plaguefire (lets say you get 2 stacks instead of 3 for the sake of being conservative) to 35% resistance the magic missle one could put you within striking distance of completley negating defence and tenacity.

Of course that's meaningless against a hr deflecting with 65% chance and 85% deflect severity.

And I have see peeps freeze people super fast with the ray artifact.

So yeah i dunno.

I can totally see the magic missle being a valid choice if you have the dark 10s and red glyphs to nuke people straight through defence but utility of a frost man faster is also nice.

MM also works better with some macros.
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My choice is definitely arcane eye. Giving damage back to mm and the crit and arp stats seems best to me.
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since the new dungeons seem to have less adds and more strong single target or small groups of adds I would go with Gelid Eye (RoF boost) for both PvE and PVP.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I use gelid eye for PvP and single target boost and I still feed my lvl 60 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> drops to my chilling eye.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    double post, sorry
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Chilling Eye. No question. Thaum CW is going to be using Chilling Cloud as primary at-will in the first place. So the weapon will buff most of what Thaums hit.
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As long as you are fighting more than one thing, chilling cloud is superior to magic missile in DPS.

and as long as you have the frozen power transfer feat (which you should), chilling cloud is superior to magic missile in DPS.

As of the current mod, there is no reason to ever use magic missile in PvE, unless you are renegade.

Considering almost no one is renegade, the main reason people use magic missile is "the animation is cooler."

GG.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I took the Arcane Eye even though I mostly use Chilling Cloud on PvE.

Recovery is meh and I see no utility in another source of Chill stacks for SS.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The animation is cooler though D: