vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
How about them TR and DC changes :)
Post edited by vteasy on

Comments

• Options
    dargrotdargrot Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What changes? Honestly, you have info? I don't play test.

Is there a test server patch notes page?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    dargrot wrote: »
    What changes? Honestly, you have info? I don't play test.

Is there a test server patch notes page?

nah man. I was requesting that they post them while we have downtime.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For TR all I heard was there will be an "in and out of stealth" path, a CC path, and a spike damage path.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    For what? What do you want to do with your TR or DC? To do PVE content that isn't rewarding? To play the RNG heroic encounters?

I'd wait for module 6.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I haven't been following the TR updates, but apparently DC will have new trees focussing on "burst heals" and "heal over time" mechanics. That's all fine and well, I just hope both get a nice buff in the heal itself.

I'm looking forward to the changes (I'll poo-poo them after I know what they are and they are actually poo-poo, until then I'm excited for them).
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I haven't been following the TR updates, but apparently DC will have new trees focussing on "burst heals" and "heal over time" mechanics. That's all fine and well, I just hope both get a nice buff in the heal itself.

I'm looking forward to the changes (I'll poo-poo them after I know what they are and they are actually poo-poo, until then I'm excited for them).

Heals? That would mean they've got it all wrong (wouldn't be surprising). Ehh... at least TR will be better.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For what? What do you want to do with your TR or DC? To do PVE content that isn't rewarding? To play the RNG heroic encounters?

I'd wait for module 6.

For PVP.

You seem burnt rashy, buy some zen and feel better :)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    yup I have seen the teasers for the TR/DC. was hoping to see all of the changes
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    TR: Undo all the changes since beta. PvE problem solved.

"TR's are OP in PvP!" - oh no, poor baby. did you know if you hit the TR he dies easy because he's made of paper?

Alternatively add some other PvP mechanic. They already have healing depression.

DC: Am i the only one that likes DC as is? I really like my DC. I don't want her to change. Everything is just fine.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    For PVP.

You seem burnt rashy, buy some zen and feel better :)

Is that how you solve your problems? Seems like an awful way to do it but hey, I won't judge.
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I just hope they transform Lance of Faith into a useful at-will.

I love the FX and the RP part of that power. Sometimes I use it when soloing just because I like it.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I just hope they transform Lance of Faith into a useful at-will.

I love the FX and the RP part of that power. Sometimes I use it when soloing just because I like it.

That is the way to play, do what you like and what you find as fun.
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    TR: Undo all the changes since beta. PvE problem solved.

"TR's are OP in PvP!" - oh no, poor baby. did you know if you hit the TR he dies easy because he's made of paper?

Alternatively add some other PvP mechanic. They already have healing depression.

DC: Am i the only one that likes DC as is? I really like my DC. I don't want her to change. Everything is just fine.

My DC starts off every fight with feated Blessing of Battle, which gives everyone in the group +1,000 power..........Divine glow for debuffing, astral shield, and forgemaster's flame for linked spirit buff while hitting as many targets with astral seal from a legendary artifact weapon with +40 astral seal healing before I reload BOB-IF I make it to a 2nd rotation.

Yeah, I like my DC
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    wth I went to take a nap and it's still down!

What is this for?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, went AC/Vit.

Dot with seal, group heals.

Throw AS, group gets defense and incoming healing and regen,

Divine glow, DPS boost,

Then feated daunting light, DPS boost,

oh then feated blessing of battle, power and defense to team.

and BTW now we have 3 stacks of high prophet and 1.5 stacks of greater plaguefire.

I don't see the problem with this?
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    chemboy613 wrote: »
    Yeah, went AC/Vit.

Dot with seal, group heals.

Throw AS, group gets defense and incoming healing and regen,

Divine glow, DPS boost,

Then feated daunting light, DPS boost,

oh then feated blessing of battle, power and defense to team.

and BTW now we have 3 stacks of high prophet and 1.5 stacks of greater plaguefire.

I don't see the problem with this?

The only thing that makes a DC wanted and or viable is that HP set. Ya gotta know it's highly improbable they leave that T1 as is after the rework right? DC's as is simply don't bring enough to the table to warrant one over another dps. Astral shield is no longer needed. Heck none of the damage mitigation encounters or passives are needed any longer for anyone over 13k GS let alone people rocking 17-20. My CW is only 14.8 k gs and I could personally care less if a DC toss out a blue circle or throws lances of faith. The rework is NEEDED.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    oh, i don't NEED a DC on my CW either, but when one is there i surely appreciate it.
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh I appreciate them also atm, like I appreciate any team member. I don't deny the debuffs help and speed things along but.....let me speak from a DC's point of view since I have lvld two to 60 geared them to 14k or so then subsequently deleted both. The playstyle is simply unfun and unrewarding. My opinion only of course. Now give me burst heals. Allow me to use my awareness of team members and the tools to heal them when they get WTFBBQ'd by garakas or some other npc that can almost one shot 15k geared people. I am lvling another dc as we speak in hopes of just such a toolkit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is that how you solve your problems? Seems like an awful way to do it but hey, I won't judge.

nah just trying to give you stuff to do till mod 6
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited October 2014
    I don't have a DC but this sounds like a good thing. As is they're always a welcome addition to any party as I can usually face tank (GWF) with little or no effort.

That being said, I'm surprised DC's did not already have burst healing. Seems like a necessity. At the very least it sounds like they will be much more useful in both PvE boss fights AND PvP.

That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.