test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicked from pvp?

erhgferhgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
So my pug team is about to win a pvp domination, and one teammate left. I was just wondering why someone would leave when we are so close to winning, my game suddenly started loading Protector's Enclave... Then I noticed that I'm barred from q for 30 minutes. I guess technically, team leaders can kick whoever they want and whenever they want. But really? My leader board ranking went down from 103 to 210 in this one match. Is this team leader trolling? or is there a glitch where some people are automatically kicked?
Post edited by erhgf on

Comments

• sonofraistlinsonofraistlin Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i've wondered about this also...there have been a few times when this has happened to me...and I just thought that it was a glitch, anyone know?
    “and someday, fat innkeepers will bow to me.”
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Perhaps people found a new way to boost their ranking by kicking everyone in their team just before the match ends? Perhaps if you win a match outnumbered it has an effect on the ranking? Or people kick teammates who are higher in the match ladder than you to boost their ranking? Idk.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    I pretty much think it is more a case of 'have the team do the work, then kick them, when victory is inevitable, so that only YOU rise in ranking'.
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Gee, another reason NOT to do pug PvP or any PvP for that matter.
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    what does the ranking leaderboards get you?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    user4035 wrote: »
    what does the ranking leaderboards get you?

epeen
    /10char
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was "kicked" a few days ago too, but it was double the odd cause our team was already losing, and I had no "you've been kicked" system notice+no leaver penalty. Very odd.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    id say its more commands that are yet to be patched really they need to blacklist every command and then allow a safelist of commands if they still need to access them they can have a special flag so they can and of course foundry authors need some extra commands too
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has got to stop. My kids and I keep trying to get into PVP matches JUST FOR FUN, and we all get kicked because we have low gear score. Now we're locked out of all queues for 30 minutes because some jerk wanted to be an elitist jerk. Fix it. Now.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you sure people can be kicked whenever? I have kicked someone that was DCed for a few minutes when I was party leader, however I tried kicking an AFKer before and it didn't work.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • harkurharkur Member Posts: 305 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has got to stop. My kids and I keep trying to get into PVP matches JUST FOR FUN, and we all get kicked because we have low gear score. Now we're locked out of all queues for 30 minutes because some jerk wanted to be an elitist jerk. Fix it. Now.

As soon as you can show them how they will turn a profit from spending coding time to change it, they'll change it. Sorry about the situation, and really sorry it's harshing gaming time with the kids...which I think is excellent of you by the way.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I absolutely hate the elitism in this game. I don't care if anyone has a low GS, I'll still play with them as long as they are doing their best. Its not about winning, its about having fun with the people you group with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I absolutely hate the elitism in this game. I don't care if anyone has a low GS, I'll still play with them as long as they are doing their best. Its not about winning, its about having fun with the people you group with.

There is a point though where GS is so low its obvious they aren't trying their best or to have fun, there was a guy in my group the other day with 5.8k GS, and empty enchantment slots and green gear, no excuse for that when he could get to 9k just from buying stuff off of the AH only using enough AD from dailies and invoking while leveling up. I would vote kick someone like that, but not vote kick someone with 8k or 9k because I can tell they at least made the effort to use the AH when they hit 60 and have at least rank 4s and 5s.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Low GS is no reason to kick someone. For a better expirience you should think about queing not grouped. ELO will see you as semipremade, so you will likely get a premade/ semipremade as enemy. It is no fun, to be stuck with 4 ppl 6-10K GS against a full PVP premade, bc the wanted to have 'fun' together. I really doubt, that is fun for them too, to get squashed time after time against premades. ELO DOES NOT concider GS and with not many ppl doing PVP, you will end up fighting a 18k+ premade with your low GS friends.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

This is really not the place you should be doing stuff with your kids. PvP in this game is quite a toxic environment with toxic, bad people.

Stay away, especially if your kids are young. Do PvE.

As for the kicking exploit, it goes on for a considerable time sadly, and even people from the top PvP guilds do it, so they can leave afterwards without Leaderboard penalty.
  • cvk777cvk777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GS based queues.. that would fix it.. nobody want lowbies in PVP. Look at that this way.. you gear up, get 18k GS, you want to grind glory or just want to get the quests done, you come there and u see 7k GS ppl in your team when enemy is 15k+. It just makes u feel like quitting PVP once and for all ^^
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The ability to kick people is a bug. It wasn't possible until mod 4 came out and you can't do it by just clicking on their portraits. It's clearly not an intended function of the game, it's an exploit. I would recommend reporting them but since this game has no functional support you would just be wasting your time.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Got kicked today too. just like 30 sec from match start. Don't really care about leaderboard.But match starts, one of the guys stand on edge, says that he has pug in party. and here Im at PE watching "leavers" penalty.

So this "elite" that comes into pug queques to get to leaderboard score or whatever. But they are so dumm and laisy that they can not even get 5 vs 5 premade? or even organize one having pug? I wish I had remember the token of that guy. They really should be punished.

Ban from game for week or so. And make it public. This would be even better pushiment then simple deny from kick in pvp parties. You kicked somebody in 2 pvp games in one week. Here is a huge banner over your head saying who you are. This was well addopted in other mmo games. Guess its time for neverwinter to experience dumm people with big ego.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Low GS is no reason to kick someone. For a better expirience you should think about queing not grouped. ELO will see you as semipremade, so you will likely get a premade/ semipremade as enemy. It is no fun, to be stuck with 4 ppl 6-10K GS against a full PVP premade, bc the wanted to have 'fun' together. I really doubt, that is fun for them too, to get squashed time after time against premades. ELO DOES NOT concider GS and with not many ppl doing PVP, you will end up fighting a 18k+ premade with your low GS friends.

I had not considered that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

This is really not the place you should be doing stuff with your kids. PvP in this game is quite a toxic environment with toxic, bad people.

Stay away, especially if your kids are young. Do PvE.

As for the kicking exploit, it goes on for a considerable time sadly, and even people from the top PvP guilds do it, so they can leave afterwards without Leaderboard penalty.

The kids have all voice chat muted and the profanity filter on :) Although it's still funny to see my 12 year old daughter rage at the "cheaters with their st vorpals" heh
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!