test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

RNG on the NW Gateway

abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know if the RNG for opening lockboxes from the browser gateway is different from opening boxes in game?

I opened several boxes (in the upper hundreds) in both the gateway and in-game but I seem to have better "luck" in game.
It would be logical that the chances would be the same, but I would understand if there was a "hit" on percentage for the convenience of being able to open boxes online. Although, I would argue the convenience factor in game is better because you can actually open boxes WAY faster.
Abishai the Blessed - 60 Sun Elf DC
Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
Link - 60 Menzoberranzan Renegade (Drow) HR
Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
Moose - 60 Human GWF
T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
Drag King - 60 Dragonborn SW
Post edited by abishai3705 on

Comments

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have noticed a difference in opening other types of boxes (mainly the stuff you get from professions), but do not have nearly enough of a sample set to lend any credence to the feeling.

Maybe it's not different, but separate? For instance, the RNG in game could be based on number of times something is opened in game and RNG on gateway only references other gateway openings?

"Luck" with the RNG is not my strong point regardless, but I seem to have better luck in game.
  • Options
    abishai3705abishai3705 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    I have noticed a difference in opening other types of boxes (mainly the stuff you get from professions), but do not have nearly enough of a sample set to lend any credence to the feeling.

I was wondering about the other boxes as well but I was keeping the OP simple. I also have SIGNIFICANTLY better luck opening enchantment strongboxes and artifact provisions in-game.
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Only one person has a comment on this? I was hoping to hear some feedback so I could use some keys on the gateway today unless the response was overwhelmingly in favor of opening in-game... Moderators or Devs have any comments, resources or input on this subject?
    Shazaam - 60 Tiefling CW
    Naruto - 60 Half-Orc TR
    Moose - 60 Human GWF
    T-Wrecks 60 Half-Orc GF
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    If there is anything to this it is a very well-kept secret, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, highly unlikely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]