test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR needs viable alternative to combat tree in PVP

marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Wilds
A lot of us don't like being forced into playing melee anyway, there is no need to nerf piercing blades, just buff the other trees and you will see less combat rangers using the same build, give us viable alternatives and people will use them.
Buff HR ranged damage, improve its CC, and make it less squishy when not using combat tree and let us play rangers properly using our bows.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Post edited by marc8219 on

Comments

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ranged DPS is just fine. What makes the Archer difficult to excel with in PvP is lack of CC and CC breaks/escapes.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • aharasuaharasu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bored of actual PVP nad PVE, so i was thinking about some ways to make all three feat trees somehow viable to pvp and here is my suggestion

Archery - i would add something like 25% chance to apply crippling effect on target - reduces movement speed by 10-20% and adds +0,5-1sec to enemys CDs.. i was trying to find useful build to pvp and ended with dmg focused stats(sets) and encounters like - hindering+fox+marauder - (this combination offers good dmg and escape maneuvers/survivability so marauder escape and fox dodge is usefull and their melee parts can hit quite hard, when you have +20%dmg from prey, as it doesn't count only to ranged dmg) but it is wierd to play as archer with only one ranged dmg encounter

Combat - i would change some feats and mechanics with trapper - as trapper, i could hit hard with melee encounters because of that dmg stacking bonuses.. 10% ranged->melee encounter change, + 28% (not sure?) dmg from serpent stack and +15% dmg from last feat... this stacking bonus i would put as a flat dmg bonus to melee feats instead of piercing
    - or i would swap the base dmg on weapons...let's say with last feat... but i'm not sure, if it would be enough as a dmg boost.. so maybe some dmg boost feats or reduced effectiveness of piercing along with this change

Trapper - first problem are the roots - in pvp it is unreliable sort of cc... for me, it seems like the root effect from ecnounters can be deflected (like CW's Repel's Push?) and with all those resistances they barely stop moving player...and i would be glad to see something like- if the encounter power applying roots is not dodged, then the minimal durotation of strong root effect is 2sec (cannot be reduced)
    - and dmg... i was thinking more about that nature/trapping part here... without those dmg bonuses that were put to combat, i would like to see something like poison-piercing-dot-bleed mechanics - your attacks apply poison to your target, dealing 150%weapon damage over 4 sec. This effect can stack and cannot be deflected, dmg reductions and tenacity still applies.
    - to keep stance change mechanics, i would change aspect of the serpent feat to - Your melee attacks give you a stack(1s ICD) - max 3 stacks - and your next ranged encounter will expend the stacks and that attack pierces through target's defense, but still can be deflected and is reduced by tenacity. same with ranged ->melee ...
    - and capstone... as it is but also with 10% increase in crit chance and heals you for 10% of your maximum hp (not affected by HD)